what size did you wear at 125 lb 5'4"

Options

Replies

• Strobins05
    Strobins05 Posts: 716
    Options
    I wear a small top but a 6 bottom. I carry most of my weight on the hips/thighs.

Instead of trying to lose any more weight on the scale, I'm trying to gain muscle and decrease fat % and hopefully will see some measurements go down!
    ^^^ YES, you are going tin the right direction, good luck. DECREASE the body fat %.:flowerforyou:
  • azaborow1
    azaborow1 Posts: 20
    Options
    Really scales only tell a small portion of the story - look up some comparisons of women with more body fat versus muscle and you will see they are lighter but bigger. I am fortunate enough to have a trainer at work and he can do my actual body fat, etc with a rather expenive "scale."

All I know is, if you are in ANY of those sizes, I am sure you look great and shouldn't even worry - if you feel unhappy with your body, exercising does much more for your spirit!
  • solarpower4
    solarpower4 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Sizes are completely arbitrary, you should just get over the obsession and focus on your body measurements.

To put it in perspective, I have size 00 to size 8 in my closet, and I can fit in all of them (I'm 5' 6' and 135 lbs by the way). The 00s come from modern stores that cater to an older business crowd like Ann Taylor and White House Black Market.The 8s are mostly vintage. The size 2-4 stuff mostly comes from stores that cater to younger crowds (like Antropolgie, Victoria's Secret). The people marketing these brands are smart and know that most 20 something women don't want to be an XL- so they make they just cut the clothes bigger and leave the size the same (this is why Marilyn Monroe was an 8 in her time, and more like a 2 to today's standards, which aren't very standard).

My pants sized by inches are anywhere from 26'-30' and again they all fit. It depends on where the pants sit on your waist, how many times they've been washed, the factory they're made it, the year they were made in, and so many other things it's not even worth it to consider size. To further my point, I have 3 pairs of the same brand of jeans- size 27, 28, and 29. Do you see how much variance there is? In one brand I wear 3 sizes!! That's crazy!

When I shop I don't look at sizes AT ALL. I just pick the one off the rack that looks like it will fit on my body and try it on. Then I go one size up or down from there if I need, but I know it doesn't matter. To me sizes are just a big lie, so why keep trying to subscribe to a lie?

HEAR HERE!!! ^^ That ^^ is perfectly eloquent and accurate.
    It's also the way I shop.
  • careyayn22
    Options
    Good luck with that. I am 5'2 and 179 lbs and I currently wear everything from a size 8-18. Seriously. I am guessing that when I am 125 I will be wearing everything from a 0 to a 10.:noway:
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3 1/2" 125.5lbs and I mostly wear a size 5 in juniors, sometimes a 3.
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    Well, I'm technically 5'4.5". But...many, many moons ago when I was 125, I wore a size 6 and had maybe 1 or 2 items that were a size 4 that I was able to fit into. Would LOVE to get back there again! I've still got a LONG ways to go but I'm trying!! :)
  • msmith2020
    msmith2020 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and when I was at my smallest, about 7 years ago.. OMG its been that long?! anyways.. In high school my smallest weight was 135 and I wore 6/7 in jeans and in dress pants I wore a 3. I could barely get into a 3/5 in jeans from American Eagle, I do remember that... why I never got one size bigger beats me... lol but I plan to get back down to 125 and I think, and will be happy with fitting into 4/6 and I'm also pear shape. So I have like super hips.. Even now I have an hour glass shape..
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    But, I think clothing sizes may be different these days? I don't remember ever hearing of a size 0 back then. Not sure. The last time I worked my way down to 165-170 I was at a size 12.
    Sizes are definitely different these days. I pulled some old boxes of clothes out of storage over the summer that were all in the 5-7 range and purchased in the early 90s. Now my tags tell me I mostly wear clothes in the 3-7 size range but I couldn't have gotten on anything from the old boxes if I'd tried! I don't even think a leg would fit into the jeans. And to think, I used to think I was soooo fat back then...
  • MotorCityFemmeFatale
    MotorCityFemmeFatale Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    5'5" at 125lbs I was a size 2/3 in most.
  • michellebelle1
    michellebelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3.5", and weigh about 130. I wear a 4 in most brands (Anne Taylor Loft, Banana Republic, American Eagle), but I weighed the same in college 5 years ago and wore a 6 or even 8. I am curvier, so I have to buy bigger to accommodate the hips, and then get the waist taken in if necessary.

Body comp has more to do with sizing then weight, for me anyway. And my mom is a size 4 as well, but weighs at least 10 lbs less than me.
  • maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm actually a size 2-3 at 127lbs
    5'2
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 122lbs and wear a US size 4.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Size 2 in jeans. RIght now I'm at a size 4 - trying to get back to those 2s!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist

I am surprised that you can't wear low rise 2's. I am 5'3", 108-ish lbs, with 26 waist and 36.5 hip, and I wear 2's in american eagle jeans.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    When I was 135 (5'3) I still wore a size 8. I don't have much of a butt, and my stomach was fairly flat. I could have probably lost a little more weight but I was extremely happy were I was at.
    I'm almost 5'3". At that weight, I wore a size 8, as well. At 125, and now much more fit, I wear 4s and some 6s.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    US 6

I am normally 119/120 lb and still the same size as that. Only can get in the next size down in certain shops. Hourglass shape is very difficult to dress as I have a narrow waist & shoulders but big bum & boobs.

I am 5ft 3.5
  • hillary124
    hillary124 Posts: 112
    Options
    Im just under 5'4" and my average weight is 125. I wear anything from a 00-2, and usually an extra small. Im really muscular but I have a small frame which I think is why I can wear such small sizes. I still need to get rid of fat though!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    exactly! my waist is 28-29 depending on the day. my hips are 35-36... you would think i could wear 2's and 4's but i do carry weight around the middle. i hate that! wish i could change up how things are distributed. i look like a boy with no waist

I am surprised that you can't wear low rise 2's. I am 5'3", 108-ish lbs, with 26 waist and 36.5 hip, and I wear 2's in american eagle jeans.

i've never tried american eagle, i dont' shop there. but maybe i should!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    120 lbs and 5ft4

I am a size 2 in womens and a 5 in juniors
  • Burlesque12
    Burlesque12 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-7458906