what size did you wear at 125 lb 5'4"

Options

Replies

• basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4 3/4" and at 125 (just a little more than I weigh now) I wore a size 4-6 depending on the brand. Nothing really fits me perfectly -- I have a size 8 waist, size 0 hips, and a size 6 chest. LOL
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5 and weigh around 130ish with a lot of muscle. I wear anywhere from a size 0 at the gap to a 6 in dresses with a side zipper. I am top heavy with narrow hips, so I fit into smaller pants but have a harder time with dresses.
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    this is why i think i need to lower my body fat a little bit... i think i should be able to wear mostly 4's and 2's at this weight.

It depends on where your body distributes your weight... are you apple shaped? If you carry weight around your middle section, the smaller sizes won't be able to button at your waist. Weight on the scale is just a number. What are your measurements? I would put someone at that height around a 4 or 6. I know someone who is that height/weight and she wears a larger pant size than me, and I have 10 lbs on her, easily.

True about apples. I'm a thick waisted 123 lbs at 5'6", and the higher the waistband, the larger the pants size I need. I wear a 2 or 4 if the waistband is at my navel or below and a 6 or even an 8 to fit my natural waist. The size on the label is just a number too, but I avoid higher rise pants because if they fit at the waist, they're usually too big in the butt and thighs.
  • FaithfulSmiles82
    Options
    I'm 5'51/2" now, but in HS before I grew at 130 I was just a bit under 5'4" and I wore between a 5 & 7 depending on the cut.
  • madisonsteelex
    Options
    I am 5'2" and 130 and wearing size 4's in misses and 5's in juniors
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    If this hasn't been said yet....

THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME THREAD!

I have been fat since I was 13 (40 now!), so I have wondered many times what size I should even be shooting for. I don't remember what size I wore at 13 (although I want to say 9 or 11?). I thought I was a huge, fat cow back then. I would kill to be an 11 right now!

But, at 5'4" if I could get down to 125, then a size 6 will make me quite happy, thank you!! :D
  • hollyeverhart
    hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 135 & I wore a 7 in juniors, then I stayed around 125 for. A few months & wore a 5 in juniors a 6 in Womens now at 119 I wear a 3 in juniors & a 4 in Womens! Yay smaller sizes c; ( I am 5'4 btw!) & I wear a small in shirts

edit
    my measurements are chest-34 waist 25 hips 33
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    If this hasn't been said yet....

THANK YOU FOR THIS AWESOME THREAD!

I have been fat since I was 13 (40 now!), so I have wondered many times what size I should even be shooting for. I don't remember what size I wore at 13 (although I want to say 9 or 11?). I thought I was a huge, fat cow back then. I would kill to be an 11 right now!

But, at 5'4" if I could get down to 125, then a size 6 will make me quite happy, thank you!! :D

you're welcome. actually i was just curious about what other people wore at my same weight and wondered what measurements they are and how that relates to size. i dont' really care what size i am and i know all about vanity sizing so i don't really care if i ever wear a 2 and i'm not striving for that, nor am i obsessed. i'm happy where i am, just wondered what others wore that were at a similar place. i am going to work on reducing body fat and so that is my next goal, whatever weight i end up at.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4, 135 lbs and I'm in a 3.
  • slimcows
    slimcows Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    id be a size 5 :happy: id be so happy :happy:
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" but when I was at 125 I wore a 4 at american eagle. Their jeans are the best fit for the price. Ahh I can't wait to wear em again.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    This is really encouraging. I was just looking forward to single digits, but to think size 4-6 makes me really excited!! I have wide hips, so single digits is my goal first, but this is definite motivation! Thanks!

(Currently a 10 or 12 depending on the brand, but the 12's are getting too big and the 10's are fitting much better!)
  • bigolfmuff43
    Options
    Size 2 Levi's
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    have you seen http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    ?
    you can enter a height and weight and see all the different bodies, they also say their pant and top size.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Great topic, I am 5'4" and about 125 *right now* - I am in a size 6 in Mossimo jeans from Target. I carry all of my weight in my lower body it seems. I want to get into a gym and start a weight training program sometime within the next month or two so I can work more on my bodyfat and worry less about the scale.
  • MILFdoesabodyGd
    MILFdoesabodyGd Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    have you seen http://www.mybodygallery.com/
    ?
    you can enter a height and weight and see all the different bodies, they also say their pant and top size.

yes!! I actually put myself on there for 155 lbs 5"5'
    so many different body types!
  • castaliavt
    castaliavt Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and when I was 125-130, I was in a size 0 or 2.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    I am 125 and almost 5'5", and I wear a 3 in most jeans. I can get 1/2 in some stores like American Eagle and Abercrombie, but at Target, I have to get a 7 in their Mossimo jeans. Needless to say, I don't but jeans at Target.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I wore a size 2 in most brands at 125 lbs, but I'm a little taller at 5'9".