Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• sissypunks
    Options
    take him out on a slow road and just stand dont baby him as this will make it worse praise him maybe a frw treats when he is calm ignore ALL bad behavior shouldnt take to long for him to get cars will not hurt me and mom likes it when i am good have this problem with my 2 yr old german shep rescue among others we r diong better and you're pup will also good luck
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have a two year old Hound/Lab mix. His name is James <3
    Love him so much! I used to take him out on walks every morning, but my schedule changed (I'm working 12 hour days Mon-Fri) and it's definitely been harder to take him out. :(

My whole diet took a backseat since starting my new job actually. It's been a month though, and I think I'm ready to get back on the wagon. -and my dog is definitely a huge motivator!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I have two. A 13 year old GSD/Malamute mix, and an 11 year old Great Dane. At one point, my Dane and I weighed the same amount (108 lbs. She's small), and my goal is to get back to that. Unfortunately, my 13 year old boy, who was my outdoorsy dog, just cannot do long walks/hikes anymore - arthritis, Cushing's, spinal degeneration, etc. - so we do short, 'fun' walks. Not much by way of a workout, but it's good to get out anyway.
  • hockeymomofbensam
    Options
    I have a 12 year old German Shepard/Husky cross! Love her!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    I have an 8 year old rottie. His previous owner didn't want him, he's been with us since he was 5 months. I love him to pieces!
  • SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I have a 13 week old puppy! Shiba Inu.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My girl, Mischief, is the only reason I got interested in nutrition and fitness in the first place. I was trying to do my best for her, and looked at the best possible food to feed her, and kept getting deeper and deeper. About the time I was walking through the health-food co-op looking for grass-fed meats for her, I realized, ya I don't even eat that good, and started looking at my own nutrition.

We walk together, run together, do agility, obedience and tracking. We camp and canoe together. We also snooze in the hammock together. She's a Thai Ridgeback and she's my best friend.

I've tried unsucessfully to post pics before. If I still can't get it, I'll just delete this post. Here goes:

2012-02-21230726-1.jpg

2011-01-22153017.jpg

SSPX0160-1.jpg

2012-01-24191945.jpg

100_1018-1.jpg

100_0886-1.jpg
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    I have an 8 year old rottie. His previous owner didn't want him, he's been with us since he was 5 months. I love him to pieces!

Rottie's are my favorite breed :) (don't tell Sophie or Bixby, they'd get jealous)

If I ever move out of my current house with it's breed restrictions then I'll get another one!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    17134362_2254.jpg

His name is Goofy, and he's a rescue too.. We got him when he was about 1 year old, no history on him, so imagine the surprise when he bit a neighbor the second day home. We had a lot to learn, and he made such progress. He's a great example for how hard dogs can work to please you. he is still not friendly with people but he listens better than any dog i've ever owned. he'll stop midstride (or -bite) when i call him back.
    At home, he's a blankie thief and a cuddle monster.
    He gets 2 1hour walks with kong playing, and 2-4 20 minute pee breaks. so needless to say, he's getting me out and about too...
    We don't have a back yard, that's why the many walks. but IMO not all back yard dogs are walked enough...
  • jenn_mck
    jenn_mck Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a lab cross collie called Cassie who ive had since she was 10months and she's now coming up for 5 and she is my best friend :heart:

Over the last year i've suffered from Anxiety and panic attacks making it difficult for me to leave the house some days and if it wasnt for Cassie needing to be walked as often as she does as we have no garden. I honestly dont know what i'd have done without her. She's made me get out on on those days when ive not been feeling too great and i always feel better for it.

Currently we are doing 2 miles in the morning and 30mins at night with toilet breaks in between. I'm lucky enough to live next to a park where she can swim and run about with her doggy friends.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    We have an old border collie mutt that we rescued from our local animal shelter. His name is Patchy, but he's kind of lazy and gets pooped out easily when we take him for walks. He had lyme disease when we got him, so I'm sure it's related to age and the illness itself. He's not the best walking buddy, as a result. I get more out of running solo, but we love him!:-)

Shannon
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    My Margo bargo! She's a 2 1/2 yr. old Jack Russell/Beagle mix. She has the beagle legs, tail, and bark, but her face is much more like a JRT. I used Cesar Milan (Dog Whisperer) training techniques on her and she went from ALWAYS pulling on the leash to staying right next to me! I wrap the leash around my waist and through the handle loop so she's hands-free but still leashed. At home she's a HUGE couch potato snuggle bug. Also in the pic is my cat Veli, who should just fess up and admit he's really a dog!

402444_10150560387136546_508151545_9070124_2080742544_n.jpg

420304_10150560385821546_508151545_9070120_886767826_n.jpg

420032_10150614245886546_508151545_9263655_1945027091_n.jpg
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I (((MISS))) my Doggy!!!!

I got her when I was 15 and she was three months old, I raised her and trained her, she was such a good puppy, I miss her, she passed on a couple years ago of old age, and I will always miss my little pupy

she was half German Shepherd half cayotee my little Duchess

Duchess.jpg
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Boomer the Black & Tan Coonhound, Cherokee the Bloodhound

IMG_1285t.jpg
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Molson is my most faithful walking partner
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I don't have a dog, I have a dumbass that looks like a dog. And yet I still have him, go figure...
  • lcashy
    lcashy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have an English Springer Spaniel puppy called Hugo. He is 4 months old on friday. He is full of energy. Super cute. He keeps me on my toes. Love him loads xx
  • barbaradilisio
    Options
    I have a miniature schnauzer that I rescued a year and a half ago. He's great and definitely helps keep me active. He loves taking walks. It's a great way to burn some calories without being stuck in a gym!
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have a boxer and she gives me a workout by trying her darndest to get the squirrels, rabits, birds and whatever else is walking or playing. She is not very good on a leash but she keeps me going.
  • BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Black Lab here !! His name is ACE I love him to death.. He's an old man now 8 almost 9.. He is the BEST dog in the entire world.. Yes, I said I have the BEST dog LOL :)