Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I have a rescue German Spitz called Bunny. He loves the two long walks he gets, now I am trying to up my exercise. I always try to do at least 10,000 steps a day. He does many more with all the running about he does!

I have a German Shepherd named Bunny! Not a very common name for a big dog, lol. I have a Shiloh Shepherd as well. They have so much energy so definitely a good way to burn calories.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love dog threads :happy:
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I have 3 Siberian Huskies and 1 Husky/Alaskan Malamute :-))

php3oyF06AM.jpg
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I have two Puggles. We walk everyday, rain or shine! THEY are the ones who got me moving on a regular basis. They are my lifesavers!
  • kardeamad
    kardeamad Posts: 43
    Options
    3 year old Border terrorist..

I have one of those too :bigsmile:
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Very well named cat! I love it. Greek mythology is one of my favorite passions.
    Our other cats are Grendel and Beelzebub. The dogs are Fenris Wolf (although, she's actually 1/2 coyote), Hypnos and Zoe. We roam all over the mythology spectrum. ;)
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting all the pics.

Think I will take my wee calorie burner out for 20 mins before dinner.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have 4 shelter dogs, 3 Black and Tan coonhounds and a Boxer. It's funny that when I'm healther the dogs are healther too.
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Do I have a dog? Why, yes, I have 4...3 greyhounds and a doberman. All were rescues, and all are awesome!!!
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've got the sweetest, almighty 2 months old 75% chocolate lab, 25% Australian Shepard puppy. He is the cutest thing, but it dealthy afraid of cars. Any walking/training tips?

I just graduated as a dog trainer (but I'm still new to some things, so I can't tell you all that would work), but you need to desensitize him to the cars. One good way to do that would be to take him somewhere he can see cars passing by, but they aren't close enough to totally faze him. As he stands still and doesn't react, treat him. Slowly move him closer to the cars, but not so close that he gets crazy. Let him stay at that distance for awhile and treat him for anytime he is sitting calmly and not reacting. Continue doing this until he is able to be near vehicles without reacting. It's just something he's not use to, so he's gotta learn it's a part of every day life. Good luck!! (if you have any other questions, please message me on here so I don't miss it on this thread)
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My two....

IMG_2508.jpg

We adopted them (both were puppies) a couple of years ago when the kids were volunteering at the SPCA......
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a doggie :) She is 14 weeks old, will be 15 this sunday. She is a Patterdale Terrier. She is our first dog, and absolutely loves my husband!

She isn't so great at walking though.... :(
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I have a doggie :) She is 14 weeks old, will be 15 this sunday. She is a Patterdale Terrier. She is our first dog, and absolutely loves my husband!

She isn't so great at walking though.... :(
    train her now.... and when shes full grown she will behave amazingly. :)

I love how I can walk around in public with Jessie and have her stay next to me. No pulling, no drama.. limp leash. I stop, she stops. I motion to her to sit still, she does.
    because she was taught all this at an early age, I cant even remember the last time I had to correct her.
  • melr789
    melr789 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have two boxers, female 5 and a male 3. Great company, YAY DOGGIES
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    RIP doggie thread. You died too soon :(
  • MissCheese
    MissCheese Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Two Whippets here, my best mates, one nearly three and the other 14 months called Sugden & Ripley.

Not only do they help me to get out and exercise but they've helped me with my anxiety and depression also.

No home should be without a dog.

We go lure coursing at the weekends, it is great to see the dogs doing what they were bred to do albeit chasing a plastic bag rather than a Hare these days!

IMG_0197.jpg
    Ripley out in front.

IMG_0212.jpg
    Ripley at full stretch!

IMG_0101.jpg
    Sugden tucked in.

IMG_3466.jpg
    Their favourite spot for a snooze, my lap!
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I was reminded yesterday how good my doggies are...
    Went to PetSmart with the GF.. I brought Sasha my Rottie...and she brought Baxter a 1.5yr old Bullmastiff / Labrador mix.
    Sasha walks along my side throughout the store, with a limp leash most of the time, and only the slightest pressure on the lead if needed. She sits, stays, comes, etc when told. Overall great doggie.
    90% of the other dogs there, were not doing that. I got to watch Baxter try to pull her around the store, watch other dogs run around.. etc.
    I hated how people would always tell me years ago how I was "mean" when training my dogs, but look at them now.. for years now I barely ever have to correct them for doing something wrong, and they're such sweet dogs.... Now they can go out with me places more often, and without worrying about how they'll behave.
  • cb83580
    cb83580 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have an adorable Boxer named Olive. I took this last night for a lolpets display for work:

[img]http://i1008.photobucket.com/albums/af201/olivetheboxer/Day one and beyond/olive-small.jpg[/img]
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I just love all the pictures everyone is posting. I will try to get some of mine this weekend and add to the cute dog pictures.

Jeannie

PS: I hate cats, but we have 3 now due to the economy and friends loosing their homes. They do not know I don't like them, but we still have a mouse in the house.