Who has a dog?

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I used to have a dog, Jake... He passed away on Feb 9th. He was 13 and didn't want to go for walks much. When we did walk he made me "jog" basically because he was so excited to get to where ever we were going! He was a wonderful pit bull who loved cats, babies, and people. He tolerated other dogs, but didn't quite know how to react to them because he was used as a bait dog for fighting before we saved his life. I miss him. There will never be another Jake Boy
    likepeople.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    funny-dog-pictures-laparottiemy-procedure.jpg

That isn't so bad. It's when they're 100-plus pounds and take a running leap in your direction as you're sitting on the couch. And when you duck and cover, the owner says, "He's just a gentle giant!" LMAO

It's the leaping "giant" part that's scary!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have pugs. There is a saying about pugs, "never walk your pug farther than you want to carry them", and it is true....lol.
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have 3. 2 Shih~zsu's and 1 Rescued English Toy Spaniel. They LOVE their nightly 2 mile walks.:love: Their tails just wag the whole time! They keep the whole family in shape!:drinker:
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    I have 3 doggies 2 doberman miniature pinchers a female named "Chiquita" she is black with brown chest and a male "Scooby" he is all red. My 3rd dog is a bull Terrier all white his name is "Ocho" if you dont know what they look like think about the Target commercials the dog bullseye.

These are my min pins
    DSC00734-2.jpg
    this is my bull terrier only pic I have with me he is sleeping LOL!!
    IMG_20120128_225341-2.jpg
  • barbie1000
    barbie1000 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have a walker/blue tick hound who lives through her nose. She is white with black and brown spots and is often mistaken for a dalmation, although her spots are not like a dalmations at all.

I also work at my local SPCA with all the canines there and love it! Most of the dogs we have there are pitty crosses and have been wild or abused in some way; so sad.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Four dogs!

Two Australian shepherds, they are both nine years old. - One walks great and steady.. the other is more like 5 mph!
    One two year old havanese, she is a alright walker.
    A one year old mini schnauzer, and she zig-zags around the sidewalk while choking herself. She is so hyper!
    They definitely keep me busy!
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

That isn't so bad. It's when they're 100-plus pounds and take a running leap in your direction as you're sitting on the couch. And when you duck and cover, the owner says, "He's just a gentle giant!" LMAO

Agreed. My Rottie put a huge hole in the wall because he took a running jump onto the couch, the damn thing slid about four feet and the arm of the couch went right into the plaster.
  • lklegra
    lklegra Posts: 23
    Options
    I have a small white haired cairn terrier named Bofus. He is my pride and joy. I dont get much motivation from him because he is a lazy lil guy, but he hypes up to the sound of high pitched voices LOL

10369894.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • ah_mander
    ah_mander Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have two amazing dogs. Georgia is 2 and shes a beagle/chihuahua mix or as we call her "The Cheagle" and a 6 month old beagle pup named Ava. They are the loves of my life and my walking partners :)
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    We have a yorkie/****zu mix and he loves walks too! A good walk for him is about 20 - 25 minutes total, however, it isn't much exercize on most days because he stops to sniff EVERYTHING! I still enjoy it though, especially since the weather is so nice again.

i have a dachshund (wiener dog) and he is the same way! he usually lasts about 30 minutes - although last night we pushed him to 45. and he doesn't like to constantly walk, he is too nosy and wants to smell everything! but i do love taking him out in this beautiful weather :) at least it's a little bit of cardio if not much!

431493_2382003368359_1798951868_1495301_1189352967_n.jpg
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Agreed. My Rottie put a huge hole in the wall because he took a running jump onto the couch, the damn thing slid about four feet and the arm of the couch went right into the plaster.
    The funny thing is, both the rotty and my other friend's pit bull have tried to jump at me. The rotty was when I was sitting on the couch and he was just so excited to see me. The pit was on a bed and I was standing a few feet away and he tried to leap into my arms. Didn't quite work out.
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have two furry babies!! Sasha, our 4 year old German Shepherd/Lab mix and Tinka, our 3.5 month old Chihuahua/Beagle mix. They are the loves of our lives!!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I have two amazing dogs. Georgia is 2 and shes a beagle/chihuahua mix or as we call her "The Cheagle" and a 6 month old beagle pup named Ava. They are the loves of my life and my walking partners :)

I have a 3.5 month old Cheagle!!! They're the best :)
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have two corgis - a very cute but bossy little female and a sweet big boy. I love them to bits but walking with them is no joy - they are into every nasty thing that they can find. I had to settle a squabble over a worm they both wanted to snack on recently - yuck! Aside from their gross habits they are such darlings. Life is so much more interesting and entertaining, particularly with two of them.
  • numindan
    numindan Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We have three rescues - 1 GSD/Coy cross (Fenris - 14), 1 GSD/Malamute (Hypnos - 8), and 1 Chi/Terrier cross (Zoe - 2-ish). Our oldest still loves to go on long loping walks but they are at a much slower speed these days and she can't walk every day. Fenris is more of a bi-weekly walker at this point as her hips have definitely been giving her trouble despite the glucosamine the vet recommended.

I'm frequently shocked at how long and how fast our little Zoe can manage to waddle. She definitely keeps me on my toes. Sadly, she's terrified of traffic so as soon as we get near a busy road (we have to cross one to hit the local walking trails) she freezes and I have to carry her across the street. I tend to get a lot of silly looks from people in their cars when I'm carrying a 20lb fur-baby across a cross walk.

We always walk Hypnos and Zoe together. They're cute together and keep me on my toes.

And yes, we did get a dog for our dog. We rescued Zoe so Hypnos would have a companion when Fenris crosses the rainbow bridge. He's never been alone since we rescued him...
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    <<< We have a two year old Cockapoo named Lilly. She is definitely our baby (my 10 year old gets jealous sometimes). She has a doggy door and a fenced in yard, so we don't have to walk her. I am starting to get in the habit of walking her for a couple of miles in the evening as it is good for both of us. She loves it!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I have 3. Boomer is a 10 year old shepherd/lab mix, Abbey (profile pic) is a 4 year old chihuahua mix, and Atticus is a 3 year old husky/collie mix. I would post pics but I'm computer stooopiddd and I don't know how. = P
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Options

The funny thing is, both the rotty and my other friend's pit bull have tried to jump at me. The rotty was when I was sitting on the couch and he was just so excited to see me. The pit was on a bed and I was standing a few feet away and he tried to leap into my arms. Didn't quite work out.

Bluto "attacked" me once. But not with his mouth. My wife sat up from the couch a couple of weeks ago, and got a charlie horse, and started yelling. I got up and ran over to her to keep her from falling. Bluto beat me to her, jumped up and body checked me to keep we away from her (I assume he thought he was protecting her) we both fell on our *kitten* laughing. I'm glad he did it tho. At least I know she is safe when I'm not home.

After that, I've been bringing random friends from work (firefighters) and some EMS friends over to meet him just in case there is ever a issue and they need to get by him.
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have a 115 lb mastiff named Titan. He is a big lazy baby but he looks forward to his 30 minute walk every morning when we walk my son to school. He is waiting at the door at 7:15 with the leash in his mouth. Because of him I have lost about 30 lbs in the last few months. Dogs are great for that. :)