I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options
So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
What do I do?!
I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!

Replies

• Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    No big deal. You can eat lighter the rest of the day to stay within your limit. You can exercise to give yourself more calories for the day. You can count this as your cheat day. Don't stress though. This is real life and you're allowed to have a muffin sometimes :)
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    one muffin won't kill ya, work a little extra tomorrow and i'm sure u will survive
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    Take a deep breath. Plan out the rest of your day - egg white omelet, big green salad, lentil soup, etc. Get in a walk or run. Don't give up, eat reasonably the rest of the day. Tomorrow is a new day and being over 1300 calories one day is not the end of the world. Put it into perspective.
  • crystalwelshroberts
    crystalwelshroberts Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would Run, Bike, Swim... do whatever exercise you love to make up some of those calories. It's a good lesson :) Checking before you make choices is always helpful but not always realistic. Recovery strategies are necessary :)
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Eat light for the rest of the day but don't starve yourself (not sure what time it is where you are). Don't stress over it!! One day will not be the end of the world for you! Promise!!

If you have a chance get some exercise in tonight and some extra tomorrow.
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    One day isn't going to kill your diet. Before eating anything that I haven't logged before, I liked to check the nutritional contents before I eat it. You could also eat half of it. Something I've had to learn to do is to say no when people offer me things like pizza and icecream. I've probably had to say no like 20 times since I've been home visiting family.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    1 pound = 3500 calories. So, one day with an extra 430 calories isn't going to harm your weight loss goals. Just get back on track tomorrow.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Move on...it's only 1 muffin, 1 day. Remember this is the rest of your life! It's not going to make you gain weight!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    It's over? So the Mayans were off by about 9 months? :cry:

To quote a song, "Mama said there'd be days like this, there'd be days like this, my mama said." Put it behind you and start fresh tomorrow. If there is a tomorrow. If there isn't a tomorrow, at least you died happy with a tasty muffin.
  • stephen_jones
    Options
    you can eat a muffin straight after exercise,it wont turn into fat,fact
  • dolphine1972
    Options
    Hi,

I have the same issue, people seem to love feeding me :laugh:

But don't let that be an excuse to stray from your goals, learn to live with your limitations, cravings and respect yourself. :flowerforyou:

I went walking for six hours one day, that helps, it's easy, nobody is going to feed you and when you come back you can afford to have for instance a good healthy meal....
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    If a tasty muffin is the end of the world, I need your life.
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    Options
    Yep, what others said. One muffin is not the end of the world, really. Eat a light dinner and exercise a little extra if you need to. No worries.
  • samanthakre
    Options
    No big deal. You can eat lighter the rest of the day to stay within your limit. You can exercise to give yourself more calories for the day. You can count this as your cheat day. Don't stress though. This is real life and you're allowed to have a muffin sometimes :)

I second that! Work around it girlie!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Eat light for the rest of the day but don't starve yourself (not sure what time it is where you are). Don't stress over it!! One day will not be the end of the world for you! Promise!!

If you have a chance get some exercise in tonight and some extra tomorrow.
    ^THIS. And remember - MFP already built in a deficit for you to be at 1300, so you CAN go over and still lose weight. how much you can go over depends on a few factors, but I guarantee going slightly over one day is not going to ruin it. Just get back on the horse now for tonight and tomorrow!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    No biggie! Exercise it off! And one day with extra calories is not going to hurt you in the long run. Do better the rest of the day, and do better tomorrow! Only 1/2 a muffin, next time! :bigsmile:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit and a lot of water for the rest of day maybe vegetable soup not too many more calories
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    dont stress over it.. one day over is nothing
  • russeljames
    russeljames Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    try to develop a healthy relationship with that muffin...hi muffin how are you....oh you are high calorie and have a ton of fat in you, BUT i can have you once in a while, as long as i dont make a scene about it and become some sort of wide eyed crazy coffee cake banana nut infused muffin fiend...

Its all about moderation, dont eat the damn muffin if your penance has to be 500 miles on your bike, jeez....gotta chill eat healthy and have what you want its all about the moderation....
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    It's over? So the Mayans were off by about 9 months? :cry:

LMAO :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: