I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options

Replies

• jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Dont do anything...eat sensible for the rest of today but dont go too short , then start again tomorrow, next time cut it in half and save the other half for the next day :-)
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    This is no problem, for the rest of the week only eat the smaller low calorie billy goats that trot over your bridge, Simples

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPVN0UJ1QNcblfwD6a53eDBAnpgI7ZYw2VCpzxkzOEcMjhEPr4gw
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE WE YELLING?!
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    how will you ever continue to if you keep eating muff...

Muff is a gateway.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    No big deal. You can eat lighter the rest of the day to stay within your limit. You can exercise to give yourself more calories for the day. You can count this as your cheat day. Don't stress though. This is real life and you're allowed to have a muffin sometimes :)

^this.
  • BlueInkDot
    BlueInkDot Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I would just eat the muffin, log it, go over my calorie limit that particular day, and then forget about it. What's nice about mfp is that every day the calorie counter starts over. Every day is a new chance to do it right. So what if you have one bad day? I bet you have way more good days. You're doing fine, don't even give it another thought.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Ok, this is fixable. What we'll need to do is just remove an appendage or two to make up for the calorie overage. My suggestion would be a few toes.

You'll need a few things: a 2.5 lb sledge hammer, a flat cold chisel, a red-hot iron bar (for cauterizing once the toes have been removed), a bottle of vodka and four extra strength Tylenols.

Why don't you see if you can gather those things before we go any further?

I'll be right here.

Can I help???? You need an assistant, don't you?

I'll wear a nurse uniform :wink:

Well, obviously we'll need a Pollywog! I had been worried we would not find one. Thank GOD you arrived!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    This is a journey, not a one-time lesson. No hollering (with caps) and no worries. One muffin doesn't knock you off the wagon!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    This is no problem, for the rest of the week only eat the smaller low calorie billy goats that trot over your bridge, Simples

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPVN0UJ1QNcblfwD6a53eDBAnpgI7ZYw2VCpzxkzOEcMjhEPr4gw

They are more tender anyway.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?!
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!
    Lol just burm more calories! Get up and do an extra workout you will be fine.
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    What do I do?!

Exercise a bunch off and start new tomorrow. In the future, look up calories before you eat the food and not after. You would have been good to eat part of it and save the rest for tomorrow. That way you didn't insult her by not accepting it. I tend to take things like that, take a bite and when no one's looking, throw it away. Problem solved and I am no longer tempted by it.
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    What do I do?!

This is what you call Overgeneralizing!!!! It's called a form of Unhealthy thinking habits that we all have, but it can be corrected. Remember that this is a lifestyle change not a diet. Diet's dont work. If you ate the muffin, then you walk it off or be active to gain more calories to help you through out the day. Also eat a lighter dinner like a salad with your own toppings. You can do this. It's not the end of the world. Stay positive and find out about cognitive distortions.....
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    If a tasty muffin is the end of the world, I need your life.

No Kidding!
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Exercise????
  • Ptyson4
    Ptyson4 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What do I do?!

Honey, the road ahead is littered with uneaten muffins! Take it from me, who has thirty years of experience being nineteen, knowledge is power. Know what it's going to cost you before you eat it. That way, you can go forth without compunction! Live to die(t) another day!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Muff... Muff... Muffin!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    well..... first....... you start working on an extra large coffin, dig a REALLY big hole, and just wait........ I mean, if you went over ONE day, That's it, you are done. No coming back from that one..... o_0
  • SwannySez
    Options
    Muff... Muff... Muffin!

'cuz two outta three ain't bad.
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    What do I do?!
    I just when throught the exact same thing. Except it wasn't my mom. Or your mom. Or a muffin. Or even breakfast. It was lunch. And it ended up being about 1000 calories more than I thought it was.

But because I've been on MFP for awhile and paid attention to some of the smart people hear, I realized that it wasn't the end of the world. My immediate reaction? How am I gonna fit in enough exercise to burn that off tonight? Truth is, I'm not going to "earn back" enough calories. But I'll put a dent in the overage. I'll be over my calorie goal at the end of today. And I'll wake up tomorrow and not go out to lunch with my co-workers. And I'll stay under tomorrow.

Since the OP has only one post and hasn't returned to this thread, I'm starting to wonder if the muffin actually killed him.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options

This is just a muffin. Muffins are the cradle of civilization, not the end of the world. Celebrate this muffin.

Yes, muffins and satellite television....