I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options

Replies

• eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?!
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!

workout (if you just can't bear it) and realize that you are here for a lifestyle change, not a diet. good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If muffins are the end of the world...then I just wiped out our entire solar system with the 12 Stevia Oatmeal Apple Muffins I just baked.

Sorry about that guys.

On the bright side...we don't need to diet anymore.
  • OnMyWeigh464
    OnMyWeigh464 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    If muffins are the end of the world...then I just wiped out our entire solar system with the 12 Stevia Oatmeal Apple Muffins I just baked.

Sorry about that guys.

On the bright side...we don't need to diet anymore.

Sweet !!
  • steveakelly
    Options
    Go back in time and dont eat it this time round - or exercise to get it off!! oh yeh!!!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke?

I was wondering the same thing!
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    You big silly.

By "big", I mean your silliness -- not your size. I don't know if you're big, so no offense.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    The end of the world is when your iPod battery is drained and you have a long run.

This is just a muffin. Muffins are the cradle of civilization, not the end of the world. Celebrate this muffin.

Dead Ipods can totally ruin a workout
  • Rosiered2
    Rosiered2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Now I want a muffin.......not that I am susceptible to suggestions or anything....and curiously, I want a banana nut muffin
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    move on....exercise if you feel like it, but if you don't, don't sweat it. the best part about this is that tomorrow is a brand new day to do it right!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Everyone has negative thoughts like this sometimes. They're called cognitive distortions:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2009/15-common-cognitive-distortions/

#2 and #5 are particularly applicable here. They're distortions because they're based on partial truths and exaggeration. Here are some guidelines for responding to cognitive distortions when they crop up:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2009/fixing-cognitive-distortions/

The problem I've had myself with this sort of thinking in the past is the thought is usually followed by self-soothing with food and a "what the hell, I might as well do whatever" sort of attitude. It's one of the quickest ways to sabotage your improvement efforts.

EDIT: By the way, I had a couple of scoops of high-fat ice cream last Saturday ... I ate it slowly and thoroughly enjoyed it ... zero effect on the scale. Having a muffin or a dish of ice cream once in a while won't kill your diet ... agonizing over it might.
  • TiffanyDawn79
    TiffanyDawn79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    GD there are a lot of a**holes on this site.

Anyway. Just work out and move on. You will be fine! Hang in there!
  • Brandie1029
    Brandie1029 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I had a bavarian cream donut this morning....gasps in horror.

Don't stress over it, move on!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    If a tasty muffin is the end of the world, I need your life.
    ^THIS!
    the muffins that do me in are closer to 800 calories though. i wouldnt stress 430. exercise some, or just eat lighter for the rest of the day
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    You should just give up now. It is too late. You've gone too far. :wink:

It is no biggie. You indulged! We all do it from time to time. Don't beat yourself up. :)

Focus really hard for the rest of the week and you'll get back on track.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I had a bavarian cream donut this morning....gasps in horror.

Don't stress over it, move on!

Oh no.... I love bavarian cream donuts..... now this is in my head. Suddenly the chicken and veggies I am having for dinner don't sound so good
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    OMG you are going to wake up tomorrow 200 lbs heavier - NOT ... just keep on doing what you do and get back to your norm tomorrow morning...
  • tonihayden
    Options
    work out tonight!!!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    youll be fine:wink:
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it, we all do it. Log it and carry on. Tomorrow is another day, a muffin won't destroy anything.
  • thomassd1969
    thomassd1969 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I burn 450 or so calories everytime I do a turbo fire workout so just get a workout in or go for a brisk walk and no worries. You cant beat yourself up for not being so strict its real life and its real decisions so just adjust the rest of your day and start over tomorrow because there is no quiting. Keep your head up.