I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options

Replies

• cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This has happened to everyone. Try to relax. Last time it happened to me I bought a bag of mixed nuts - looked at the calories 170 not bad and started mowing down. Then I start thinking wow that's a ton of nuts for 170 - look at the bag and it had 3.5 servings. 595 CALORIES is a meal not a snack. Dang! Now you know and you won't do it again unless you plan it. Really try not to stress to much!!!! LOL
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    If a tasty muffin is the end of the world, I need your life.

Me too lol
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    The end of the world is when your iPod battery is drained and you have a long run.

This is just a muffin. Muffins are the cradle of civilization, not the end of the world. Celebrate this muffin.

THIS!:laugh:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is fixable. What we'll need to do is just remove an appendage or two to make up for the calorie overage. My suggestion would be a few toes.

You'll need a few things: a 2.5 lb sledge hammer, a flat cold chisel, a red-hot iron bar (for cauterizing once the toes have been removed), a bottle of vodka and four extra strength Tylenols.

Why don't you see if you can gather those things before we go any further?

I'll be right here.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    GD there are a lot of a**holes on this site.
    Yes. I would venture to guess that there is an average of just over one per user. Some might have colostomies, pushing the average just over the one mark.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Move on. Eat lighter the rest of the day. Tell Mom to keep her muffins.
  • KristyJoy123
    KristyJoy123 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    It is NOT the end of the world! Remember, you're building in a deficit here and you're not going to gain 1 lb because you went over by 430 calories. Please don't stress yourself out, because these types of things are the reasons people get obsessive. A lot of people might say, "Well, I've already messed up today, might as well just eat whatever I want!" -- but you're not doing that. If it really is bothering you, do a little extra exercise. Eat a little lighter tomorrow. It's really not the end of the world. In order to gain 1 lb, you would have to have a surplus of 3500 calories -- one muffin isn't going to do it.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    You made me think of R.E.M. Love that band...
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    To think I've been scheming on how to end the world for years and all I needed to do was eat a muffin . . .

You'll be fine!! Even if you DON'T exercise it off your body will probably be thankful for the extra calories.
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    If a tasty muffin is the end of the world, I need your life.
    Agreed!
  • phillieschic
    Options
    Don't forget...you're not "dieting" anyway. You're making a lifestyle change. One delicious banana muffin slip up is just a speed bump in the road of healthy living! Have some water! Relax for a bit and then bust your *kitten* on the treadmill for 35 minutes. Calories gone! ;)
  • tonihayden
    Options

Anyway. Just work out and move on. You will be fine! Hang in there!

FOR REAL..............PEOPLE ARE JACKED UP.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Everyone has negative thoughts like this sometimes. They're called cognitive distortions:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2009/15-common-cognitive-distortions/

#2 and #5 are particularly applicable here. They're distortions because they're based on partial truths and exaggeration. Here are some guidelines for responding to cognitive distortions when they crop up:

http://psychcentral.com/lib/2009/fixing-cognitive-distortions/

The problem I've had myself with this sort of thinking in the past is the thought is usually followed by self-soothing with food and a "what the hell, I might as well do whatever" sort of attitude. It's one of the quickest ways to sabotage your improvement efforts.

EDIT: By the way, I had a couple of scoops of high-fat ice cream last Saturday ... I ate it slowly and thoroughly enjoyed it ... zero effect on the scale. Having a muffin or a dish of ice cream once in a while won't kill your diet ... agonizing over it might.

i can relate to this. in fact, this is what causes binging (eating mass amounts of food). i am guilty of this. i think "what the hell" when i go over and start eating whatever. DON"T do this! it's counterproductive. just say "oh well, it was 1 muffin" and move on. i think we all get in a pattern here, and sure it's nice to not go over calories. but sometimes, you just do go over, and that's ok. just enjoy the rest of your day, work out and try and not sweat it.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is fixable. What we'll need to do is just remove an appendage or two to make up for the calorie overage. My suggestion would be a few toes.

You'll need a few things: a 2.5 lb sledge hammer, a flat cold chisel, a red-hot iron bar (for cauterizing once the toes have been removed), a bottle of vodka and four extra strength Tylenols.

Why don't you see if you can gather those things before we go any further?

I'll be right here.

Can I help???? You need an assistant, don't you?

I'll wear a nurse uniform :wink:
  • TheJustPull
    Options
    You had a muffin!? Eggad! This is a site to loose weight, how will you ever continue to if you keep eating muff... Oh, wait... I'm only kidding.

Just go for walk or something and gain those calories back! Then you can *gasp* eat more!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I've got the sledgehammer... but that's it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

I saw people giving good advice with a sense of humour. I thought this thread was pretty good-natured, actually. Maybe a muffin would help you to look on the bright side? They seem to make people really happy. :smile:
  • sgressock
    sgressock Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    It's one meal hun. Not the end of the world. Just don't think about it like you messed up one meal today so the rest don't count. They do count.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?!
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!

You wait until lunchtime and just continue.

You've still got 900 calories left for crying out loud!
  • jaqiswany
    jaqiswany Posts: 76
    Options
    Dont do anything...eat sensible for the rest of today but dont go too short , then start again tomorrow, next time cut it in half and save the other half for the next day :-)