I JUST RUINED MY DIET IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD

Options

Replies

• Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    The end of the world is when your iPod battery is drained and you have a long run.

This is just a muffin. Muffins are the cradle of civilization, not the end of the world. Celebrate this muffin.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Not the end of the world, by any means. Eat lots of lean protein, lots of veggies - fill up your tummy with good stuff.

Exercise, give yourself a bit more calories.

You'll be ok!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Go work out... burn 430 calories... and it works out to never having eaten that muffin.

not the end of the world.
  • daisyduck0427
    Options
    exercise!! :) Go for a walk. Get your body moving for 30 minutes or so!! Don't let one muffin defeat you. I had a cupcake today. :) AND IT WAS GOOD!! Hang in there and keep working at it.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Is this a joke?
  • toriaenator
    toriaenator Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    just go on a run! now you know :)
  • mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    Don't stress over it. I did worse yesterday after over 2 months of no soda and no fast food at all I caved and got Mc Donalds with the kids. that meal alone was 1000 calories it was horrible. It was one day though and it will be okay do a good work out and burn extra calories.
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Have another muffin and give up.

muahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
  • margejonez
    Options
    You will be fine. Maybe you could elimnate 1 thing from your dinner or eliminate snacks for the day. Exercise or walk and you will be able to add calories. Your only human and 1 banana muffin won't ruin you diet.
  • jennkess
    jennkess Posts: 86
    Options
    1 pound = 3500 calories. So, one day with an extra 430 calories isn't going to harm your weight loss goals. Just get back on track tomorrow.

^^^^ THIS^^^^^
    this site is about learning to eat and manage our weight in the real world- not the world were everything is perfect. enjoy your muffin and please don't stress, we have all had those days and you will again in the future, family dinners- picnics- birthday parties- please don't let one muffin ruin your whole day.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?!
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!!

LMAO, its the end of the world aye?

This breakfast is not going to hurt your diet, and you may want to consider raising your calories to 1400 anyway. I did and eat back most of my exercise calories and started losing more weight.
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Get in a 430 calorie burn today. Muffin calories are now nixed. Problem solved :)

It's not the end of the world. Honest! The whole point here is to incorporate the foods you want into your daily routine. Heck I had a burger and shake the other day and didnt go over because I worked out and ate low calorie the rest of the day. That's okay to do.
  • Nikkislim32
    Nikkislim32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else.

Focus on your weekly calorie goal. That helps me when I panic about something I've eaten.

Good luck!
  • MrsMrtz
    MrsMrtz Posts: 73
    Options
    can you count it as your "cheat" snack/meal? ...keep your head up and put an extra pep in your step/workout tomorrow/evening!
  • margejonez
    Options
    Wonderful advice.
  • daisyduck0427
    Options
    HA... great!! If you died tomorrow at least you died with a tasty muffin!! :) Sorry but I thought that was hilarious.
  • mikanjuliansmommy
    Options
    try to develop a healthy relationship with that muffin...hi muffin how are you....oh you are high calorie and have a ton of fat in you, BUT i can have you once in a while, as long as i dont make a scene about it and become some sort of wide eyed crazy coffee cake banana nut infused muffin fiend...

Its all about moderation, dont eat the damn muffin if your penance has to be 500 miles on your bike, jeez....gotta chill eat healthy and have what you want its all about the moderation....

HAHAHA I almost peed that was funny!
  • WinwillLose
    WinwillLose Posts: 101
    Options
    my father in law passed last week, I took an entire two weeks off. gained 1.5 lbs, the idea is not to let that happen every day. Now you know about muffins....learn and move on. Try and add a little more Cardio to your day.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    it's ok... you have about 1000 calories left. it's ok if you go over a little. a spike day can be good and help boost your metabolism. just get an extra workout in.

one thing i've learned, if you think about it being the end of the world, then in your mind you set yourself up to do it again... realize it's not the end of the world, and move on. it's not really that bad... i know i'd be worried about it too but you can do extra workouts and move on from this
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You're totally frucked. Might as well end it all since this basically ruined your life.