how many calories burned with 30 day shred levels?

Options

Replies

• charm_quark
    charm_quark Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    If you want to find out how many calories you burn, compare it to the standard.. set up as a preportion
    154 lbs your weight
    ______ = _________
    503 calor ies x (how many calories)

cross multiply to get 154x= 503 *your weight
    divide your weight answer by 154
    that will be how many calories your burn in one hour
    divide by 3 to find out how many calories you will burn in one 20 minute session

Bump!!
    145 lbs
    Burned kcals per hour = 503*145/154= 474 kcals
    Burned kcals per 20 minute session = 158kcals
  • baronbvp
    baronbvp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    8 cal/min is a good metric, so 20 mins = 160 calories.
  • jbg5889
    jbg5889 Posts: 5
    Options
    I bought mine at Costco for maybe $7.95! Great deal. Did it for the first time today--who knew 2 minutes could last so long!
  • hilarysgiants
    hilarysgiants Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3", around 130 and burned 150 calories on Level 1. I used an HRM to determine my calories.
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Either my heart rate goes too high, I'm really unfit or a sweat a lot, cos according to my HRM I burned 260cals doing Level 1 of this! I weigh 145 (ish)

That said, I didn't think it was too hard, I had expected worse. Strange.
  • triplemintx
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred and right now I'm 149 pounds and Im 5'5. I've lost 14 lbs taking prescription diet pills and now I want help getting off of them. Any suggestions?

I am in same boat :frown: same weight and all! I have lost about 10lbs from diet pills and exercise..I am very slowly weaning off the pills. Right now I am doing 30day shred and walking/jogging at night for about 20minutes. I really suggest slowly weaning off the pills.
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred and right now I'm 149 pounds and Im 5'5. I've lost 14 lbs taking prescription diet pills and now I want help getting off of them. Any suggestions?

I would say continue with 30 day shred, keep a healthy diet and do Ripped in 30, also by Julian Michaels, when you finish 30 day. Great job losing 14lbs! Are you almost to your goal weight?
  • cristina_marie
    Options
    I weigh 145 and burn 220 for level1 and the same for level2--- BUT, I "jump rope" in place while she is explaining all of the moves that I already know.
    Smart idea!
  • Monde68
    Monde68 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 74.8kg 167cm tall (sorry we go in metric system here do I have no idea what that is in pounds). I burnt only 115cals on level 1. First day I ran before 30 DS workout though so hr was already up and burnt more. I Definitely need to tag on some other exercise as I will not lose weight only burning 115 cals in a workout session.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    really 180-220 cal...I didnt sweat that much and it felt more like 80-130 cal to me???
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have just done this on level 1, the first set of cardio made me really out of breath as I haven't exercised for over a week! I normally do Zumba roughly an hour 2- 3 times a week so I'm quite use to fast cardio to get my heart rate up. But saying that I defo felt a burn and Sweated! Can some one help me out though... How many times/ days do you do each level in a row before moving on to the next level???
  • chrysalisenergy33
    Options
    I used my Heart Rate Monitor while completing Level 1 of 30 Day Shred today.
    I weigh 257lbs and it showed I burned 628. I was pushing it hard and was sweating and breathing pretty heavily.

The intensity really determines how much you burn.
  • miaroche
    miaroche Posts: 12
    Options
    bump
  • BeccaSm21
    BeccaSm21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been using 30 DS for almost 30 days (give or take some days off!) and I have seen magnificient chan ge! I was also taking Phetermine for 2.5 months before starting this workout and even after using it just that little bit, I had thoughts of anxiety about overeating and not drinking enough water and so on. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that usually after 3 months, the body gets used to it and it becomes ineffective as well as addicting. I say talk with your physician and see about a group that you can talk to. It's not easy, but I did it and I fell amazing!!
  • alikrorp225
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips! I am starting this today, but by no means will it be my only exercise. I *heart* my elliptical and my husband only has time to exercise in the evening, so we walk 5 miles on a trail together. I will still keep track of my inches, as it seems like that is where people benefit the most. Can't wait to get started!!!
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" - 108lbs...I only burn about 130 calories on level 1. I use a HRM. bummer!!!
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Ok I just started this site, and I'm hearing alot about this 30 day shred levels..I'm lost what is this program? I would like in. what ever will help me shred these last 30 lbs of baby weight..Help!!! anyone

Workout Video from Jillian Micheals.
  • jmhurley87
    Options
    Im 155lbs and i done the workout wice and both time my heart rate monitor said 367 and 380, i sweat galore and feeli like im going to collapse but im sure as the time oes on my heart rate will go down....It doesnt just depend on weight but also fitness level.
  • escape4asecond
    Options
    Can some one help me out though... How many times/ days do you do each level in a row before moving on to the next level???

I'd like to know too!! How many days before moving on up?
  • izzaymarie
    Options
    I am 5'2 and weigh 120 pounds on level 1 of the workout how many calories would i burn?