im so tired of people who...

Options

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Do I think it is manly? No, but I also do not think it is very attractive. Then again, I don't find men with extremely developed muscle very attractive either. That is my personal opinion. I find some muscle tone sexy, but nothing that extreme. I am not hating on anyone, nor am I jealous because that is not a look that I have any interest in achieving. All that matters is if that's the way YOU want to look, then rock it without caring what the hell others think. I can only imagine how difficult that physique is to achieve, so I do admire the hard work that goes into it, but it is not what I strive to do for myself.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    You DO look manly. Sorry.

Lets see pics of you so we can tell you how ****ty you look.
  • ewells2420
    Options

Just because you dont say it, doesnt mean youre not still a bad person. If you think it, might as well have the 'balls' to say it.

It does however mean you have tact. Everyone has opinions, NOT everyone has the ability to keep them to themselves. There is a difference between helpful and hurtful.

My point is you cant take the high ground if in your 'heart' you still feel a certain way about someone. Words by people are normally very empty and full of lies.
  • ladykate7
    ladykate7 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    i don't think it's a manner of opinion.. it's a matter of manners. why would you walk up to ANYONE and say anything that could be construed as rude? if you're not gonna say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

Agreed, manners.

Personally, the really lean, ultra six-pack, utlra defined arms is not the look I think is sexy. Its fit as hell but not MY goal. I've certainly seen women who look like men - at many different body sizes, but I would never give an unsolicited opinion like that to them.
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    When I get my rockin body (and I WILL look like those pictures) I'll just squeeze anyone who makes that comment with my muscles.
    I strive to look like that. I think when you get to that point you really are just above the petty comments like that.
  • CandiesAndSweets
    CandiesAndSweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Anyone tries to give you sh!it, just give *kitten* back. If someone says you look like a dude, just snap back with 'well that's funny, cuz you look a hell lot manlier with that face than I do with my muscles'.

I would love to be in that kind of a fit form where my muscle tone is seriously showing. Women should feel nothing but pride when they achieve that.
  • Lane1012
    Lane1012 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    1. People have their own opinions/tastes/feelings about everything and are entitled to them.
    2. Some people need to learn to be tactful and/or to keep said opinions to themselves.
    People's tastes and preferences are as varied as the many different people there are in the world. That's great. Otherwise, we'd all be listenting to the same music and driving the same kind of car. Chasing the same woman. Whatever. Variety. Gotta love variation.

While I agree that whoever made the comment that set you off was insensitive, I don't think daring everyone to knock the chip off your shoulder is the best avenue for garnering alliance.

The most appropriate responses I think. I also agree with the poster who mentioned environment and upbringing. People are conditioned to think 1 thing is "right" and another is not. People just need to brush up on their manners every now and again ... tactfulness is a lost art.
  • ewells2420
    Options
    You DO look manly. Sorry.

Lets see pics of you so we can tell you how ****ty you look.

Wouldnt hurt my feelings at all. I know im fat and look like **** right now. Its not like a woke up fat this morning.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I got my first "you look like a dude" comment last week. I honestly had to roll my eyes.

You definitely don't look like a dude to me! LOL!

Some people are just ignorant and think that super-model-anorexic look is beautiful. Just ignore 'em! They aren't worth the effort!

~It would be nice if I could spell things right the first time around...

I don't dare state an opinion here, but who's to say what is "RIGHT"? An opinion or preference is just that. Nobody should be judged if chunky people are more attractive, to them, than skinny people. If a man likes a woman with defined muscles, good for him. But, if a man likes a skinny or chunky woman, that certainly doesn't make him ignorant. The only ignorance I see is when someone calls another person ignorant for something which can't be helped.. like what is appealing to one's eye.

Edit: If only ONE body type was "right", what would the rest of us do... commit suicide??
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    What I take from the OP is that one cannot be "fit" unless one has abnormally low body fat and bulging, defined muscles.

That's right up there with, "Real women have ..."
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I got my first "you look like a dude" comment last week. I honestly had to roll my eyes.

You look rocking! Keep up the good work!
  • AlaskaLily
    Options
    this is just the internet. keep calm and carry on!

do what you have to do. you can't control anyone else but yourself!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    1. People have their own opinions/tastes/feelings about everything and are entitled to them.
    2. Some people need to learn to be tactful and/or to keep said opinions to themselves.

^^^ This ^^^ When you can't say nothing nice...

There are certain things that I find attractive and things that I don't... but it's not my place to say them out loud to be snarky or an asshat... Unless it's banter back and forth.

Yup. This.
  • lynne172
    lynne172 Posts: 11
    Options
    My motto is...It's none of MY business what other people think of me... I yam what I yam and that's all that I yam...lol

Have a great day everyone!!
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    sorry, but your first photo DOES look like a dude.

a woman is not "supposed" to look any certain way, just as long as she's healthy and takes care of herself.

i think YOU'RE the one that's hatin. sorry, just callling it like i see it.

What? If that first picture looks like a dude, you must think men are all skinny, she looks fit for a woman but that would be one skinny man.

Well, without anything to gauge real size in that photo, that first pic could EASILY be a photo of my husband. He's 6-3 and has a 32 inch waist. Plus, there's no feminine traits that I can see, except for maybe the absence of a bulge in the pants.

I agree, with no head on the 1st picture It could easily be mistaken for a man, no womanly hips. But it's also a b&w picture i didn't notice the sports bra right away.

(Don't hate me I'm not saying she looks like a man, I'm saying a b&w photo with no head is not the best picture to put up on this topic. I think lifting women look fantastic. )
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Women typically suck.

Yes, yes they do.

I like that kind of woman.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    you cannot be a dumb b!tch and go up to a woman who works sooo hard and tell her she looks like a man.. the same way you dont go up to a fat person and call them a pig..

Except people DO go up to fat people, and call them worse than just a pig. If you want to be all bulked up, that's your choice, but it's also everyone else's choice to react to that however they want. Is it really worth freaking out on everyone?

And they shouldn't. That is just as wrong as calling someone "manly" for being a muscular woman! Whatever happened to civility? Everyone has the right to an opinion, but namecalling is unnecessary... I don't know about you guys, but my parents taught me that I have the right to think/believe whatever I choose, but I don't need to say it if it's going to hurt someone... it's rude to insult someone. Period. Whether you think they are fat/skinny/manly whatever.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    +_b0663174cb124cff67cc665e3c543119.jpg
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    sorry, but your first photo DOES look like a dude.

a woman is not "supposed" to look any certain way, just as long as she's healthy and takes care of herself.

i think YOU'RE the one that's hatin. sorry, just callling it like i see it.

What? If that first picture looks like a dude, you must think men are all skinny, she looks fit for a woman but that would be one skinny man.

Well, without anything to gauge real size in that photo, that first pic could EASILY be a photo of my husband. He's 6-3 and has a 32 inch waist. Plus, there's no feminine traits that I can see, except for maybe the absence of a bulge in the pants.

I agree, with no head on the 1st picture It could easily be mistaken for a man, no womanly hips. But it's also a b&w picture i didn't notice the sports bra right away.

But maybes its the curves from the side profile that ones after. And i find those much more attractive then wide hips.
  • KansasRain
    Options
    i think woman should have muscle and strength but not so much that they look like a body builder, but that's just me. i mean it looks perfectly fine, a woman is going to look like a woman no matter how much muscle she has because of our bone structure i just don't like lots of muscle on ANYONE even men, to much is just not attractive to me, i like something that's can be seen and felt but that doesn't make your clothes look stretched out or those veins pop 24/7. now i don't mean to sound as if people with a lot of muscle or body builders are not attractive at all because they are, they just aren't MY type, they are still pretty/hot just not what i would want to go to sleep with at night.
This discussion has been closed.