Beautiful Blue Team WEEK 3

Options

Replies

• LostinCali
    LostinCali Posts: 155
    Options
    I've tried Midol, it does help with the bloating and owies but not so much with the cravings... at least for me it didn't. Can't hurt to try :)
  • LostinCali
    Options
    I did my work out for the day and have a lot of housework, so will be burning cals all day :) Have a good Tuesday!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the wii active. I'm doing the 30day challenge. You do two days in a row and the next day is your day off. So tomorrow is my morning off. I will just keep going like that. I'm starting to feel tired now however but maybe this will mean I won't sleep as late. And since I got a start on the laundry that means less work for me today. :bigsmile:

j_g4ever
    I bought my bf (and kind of me:wink: ) a Wii for his birthday. I've been thinking about buy a Wii Fit and I've heard about the Wii Active but I'm not sure what type of activities you do with it. Can you clue me in on the Wii active and which you think is better the Wii Fit or Wii Active?
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Warning... Women's issues ahead...

LostinCali ~ What is sex? And this sex drive of which you speak? :laugh: I'm kidding, of course. But seriously, I'm hard pressed to remember the last sexual encounter. Although, my husband probably appreciates that considering he's not home! Hehe!

Carrie ~ I don't get bad PMS, I get it really bad DURING my TOM. Midol does nothing for me. As far as mood swings go, I'm asking my Dr. at my next visit if maybe I have PMDD. I don't just get a little pissy, I get deeply depressed and don't want to get out of bed or off the couch. I thought maybe it was just my lazy lifestyle of not working out, eating crap and feeling sorry for myself for being fat. But even since I've started eating healthy, working out and losing weight, my TOM still sends me into an emotional downward spiral. I was thinking of asking for Yaz instead of my regular birth control pill since it is FDA approved to treat PMDD. I still have two more weeks until my appointment but maybe he can give me some info. on what to do for PMS cravings. Those are a killer for me, too! Hang in there and come back to us!!! :flowerforyou:
  • LostinCali
    Options
    LOL ngwife... oh man.. that gave me a chuckle :)
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I'm loving the wii active. I'm doing the 30day challenge. You do two days in a row and the next day is your day off. So tomorrow is my morning off. I will just keep going like that. I'm starting to feel tired now however but maybe this will mean I won't sleep as late. And since I got a start on the laundry that means less work for me today. :bigsmile:

j_g4ever
    I bought my bf (and kind of me:wink: ) a Wii for his birthday. I've been thinking about buy a Wii Fit and I've heard about the Wii Active but I'm not sure what type of activities you do with it. Can you clue me in on the Wii active and which you think is better the Wii Fit or Wii Active?

I would send back my wii fit if I had the choice. I don't really care for it. The wii active isn't really accorite when it comes to the calorie count but like with the 30 day challenge it changes things up for you so you are not doing the same exercise everyday. It encourges you and knows when you are doing something wrong. I LOVE it and would suggest it. The normal workout is about 20 mins or so. It really makes you sweat. If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just ask.
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    Options
    Hi Rach....I'm posting my weigh in for this week, down 1/2 lb, at 141.5 lb. yeah!!!! :bigsmile:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Carrie ~ I don't get bad PMS, I get it really bad DURING my TOM. Midol does nothing for me. As far as mood swings go, I'm asking my Dr. at my next visit if maybe I have PMDD. I don't just get a little pissy, I get deeply depressed and don't want to get out of bed or off the couch. I thought maybe it was just my lazy lifestyle of not working out, eating crap and feeling sorry for myself for being fat. But even since I've started eating healthy, working out and losing weight, my TOM still sends me into an emotional downward spiral. I was thinking of asking for Yaz instead of my regular birth control pill since it is FDA approved to treat PMDD. I still have two more weeks until my appointment but maybe he can give me some info. on what to do for PMS cravings. Those are a killer for me, too! Hang in there and come back to us!!! :flowerforyou:

Yes exactly! Im the same way!! But its about a week before.. I break out, I get tender "ladies", I EAT EVERYTHING in sight! I get so angry for no reason, then im happy, then im extremely depressed.. Then I see the scale which makes it worse haha

I just want my moods and eating to be under control! The depression sucks! I get very lazy and mopey and irritable. haha When I start to break out and my husband sees it.. he knows its time to lay low for a while haha But the day after I get TOM Im as happy as can be!
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options

j_g4ever

I would send back my wii fit if I had the choice. I don't really care for it. The wii active isn't really accorite when it comes to the calorie count but like with the 30 day challenge it changes things up for you so you are not doing the same exercise everyday. It encourges you and knows when you are doing something wrong. I LOVE it and would suggest it. The normal workout is about 20 mins or so. It really makes you sweat. If you have any other questions that I didn't cover just ask.

I agree.. Wii fit isnt too great.. I havent tried the Wii active... I have done the Outdoor Challenge Wii.. was THAT ever a work out! You need to jump, sprint .. all different things! That really got my heart pumping! Its really fun when you have someone to go against too!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling good after my Plyo this morning, so I'm thinking about running tonight. It's been raining off an on all day, but it's mostly just drizzle. I think I may pick up a cheap mp3 player and download some podcasts first.

You all are so inspiring to me, and I appreciate all the support you've given me over the last couple weeks! :heart:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :sick: Will someone change my turtle's water - he stinks!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    :sick: Will someone change my turtle's water - he stinks!

Ugh my turtle was sooo dirty...I used to have to clean the tank every other day at LEAST! :sick:
  • chrissyh
    Options
    They've got to be the stinkiest pet ever! We've had him for like 10 years - he was supposed to live 6 months

While your at it the litter box could use a scooping too.....
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Rach what do you think of couch to 5k - have you started yet?

I did workout 2 week 4 yesterday - getting ready to do 3rd one....It's a tough one...it's taking me about 1minute extra - having to catch my breath in between a bit after the 1/2 miles
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Rach what do you think of couch to 5k - have you started yet?

I did workout 2 week 4 yesterday - getting ready to do 3rd one....It's a tough one...it's taking me about 1minute extra - having to catch my breath in between a bit after the 1/2 miles

I'm starting tonight, and from what I remember doing a few days of it with my sister, years ago....I'll be dying on week 1 for awhile! How do you measure how far you're running?
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I just got home from work. I am getting ready to go for a run with my dad we are planning on doing 2 miles in training for our 5K. I have plenty of calories for dinner and after I workout enough for a snack later.:smile:

I have tons of hw to do tonight so I will be in my bed reading several chapters of science :grumble:

I hope that everyone had a heathly day.

:heart: J
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    Options
    So I think I've officially died...:indifferent:

:laugh:

Just did the first day of C25k, and though I only did 5 outta the 8 run/walks I did walk the rest of the 25min. Managed to burn another 270calories and feel like I've really pushed myself today. I'm off to take another shower and then find something for dinner. Probably a chicken salad. I'm trying to do big breakfasts and lunches and light dinners.

Then it's studying for the rest of the night. :ohwell:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Woo! Go Rach and Chrissy! I'm making myself stick to a workout schedule after Thursday (my final exam!) because without one, I just don't make time for it.

Speaking of school, my teacher finally posted all but two of my grades and they're all a 91 or above! I cannot believe that I did the class in about 2 weeks and have an A in there so far! Even more mind boggling to me is that I got a 100 on a paper that I wrote in like 3 hours while my daughter played and tugged at my feet. And even more crazy is that I took this class once before and failed it because I never went to class (morning sickness sucks when you have an 8am class!). So, I'm crossing my fingers I pass the final exam. That's all I need now to get my Bachelor's degree!!!! I'm so excited that I don't even care what the scale says tomorrow morning!!! Though, it would just be even more incredible if it told me I reached my first mini goal!
  • RachVR6
    Options
    Don't forget to weigh-in tomorrow!!! :flowerforyou:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I binged so much on sugar and carbs last night it was obscene!:noway: I started over again, as usual, and walked and planted flowers. Probably burnt about 300 cals or so I figure. That's my exercise for today. I normally wouldn't call that "exercise", but I know I won't be doing anything more today. Lately I just want to eat. And as for PMS week-uggh. I take a Midol type pill and it works for the aches. As for chowing, it's like "excuse" week. And I take "happy pills" for the PMS moodiness. Before, I would want to push my hubby down the stairs, and shake the kids when they were fighting, so now, we're all still alive, in one piece, and a lot more pleasant. :wink: :drinker: