Have you met any MFP friends in REAL LIFE?

Options

Replies

• MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    In CO we meet monthly to do some kind of physical exercise or activity before going out to lunch. I've met about about 20, I think.
    In April we're going to meet twice. Once at a park + lunch, then the next weekend for a hike + lunch. It's great.
  • supermom2002
    supermom2002 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Met one. was awesome....we had an amazing time together.

met another one a couple weeks ago.

meeting a bunch more in May for WD Maryland!!! whoohoo.

and meeting even more for another WD in July. Party!!!

I'm closer to some of my MFP friends than my IRL friends.
  • Mizzou91
    Mizzou91 Posts: 249
    Options
    Nope. In reality, I have a hump, a lisp and a raging case of body odor. I'm scared to meet anyone. I rarely go outside.
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I have IRL friends here

Met a few for lunches/ drinks and even dated someone I met here.
  • supermom2002
    Options
    Nope. In reality, I have a hump, a lisp and a raging case of body odor. I'm scared to meet anyone. I rarely go outside.

is it contagious? cuz you sound dreamy on the phone ;)
  • Mizzou91
    Options

Only through cross-pollination. Glad the lisp doesn't come through via cell phone.
  • supermom2002
    Options

Only through cross-pollination. Glad the lisp doesn't come through via cell phone.

SWPH cross-pollination? i'd be willing to overlook the hump for that. and i can get a nose plug
  • I_give_it_2_u_str8
    I_give_it_2_u_str8 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Yup!
  • Mizzou91
    Options

SWPH cross-pollination? i'd be willing to overlook the hump for that. and i can get a nose plug

Absolutely SWPH cross-pollination. I'll even provide the nose plug and shave my hump.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Just the ones I was friends with before joining MFP, but I'm not opposed if anyone wants to meet up for a salad or coffee:)
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Actually my husband (stevLL) and I are both friends with the same wonderful/supportive man. "Tim" was going to be passing through our neck of the woods, so he sent us a PM asking if he could meet us for a cup of coffee or tea etc. We jumped at the chance as he just so happens to be one of our oldest (longest) and most supportive friends on MFP. We all met, and it was like we had know each other forever. Tim is exactly the way we pictured and knew he would be. What a lovely person. It was a joy to spend time with him. The time we spent together passed too quickly. We both would love to see him again and meet his lovely wife. You can make good friends in real life on MFP. There are a few more friends on MFP that stevLL and I both have in common that we would love to meet in person as well. Hopefully we will get the chance! :happy:
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Guy who introduced me to MFP is ai student f mine, so yes. Have friended several in my city, but haven't met them yet.
  • Ozzyzmommy
    Ozzyzmommy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends is my daughter, and the other is a neighbor......
    I would love the chance to meet some of my friends on MFP, I think it would so nice :)
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Actually my husband (stevLL) and I are both friends with the same wonderful/supportive man. "Tim" was going to be passing through our neck of the woods, so he sent us a PM asking if he could meet us for a cup of coffee or tea etc. We jumped at the chance as he just so happens to be one of our oldest (longest) and most supportive friends on MFP. We all met, and it was like we had know each other forever. Tim is exactly the way we pictured and knew he would be. What a lovely person. It was a joy to spend time with him. The time we spent together passed too quickly. We both would love to see him again and meet his lovely wife. You can make good friends in real life on MFP. There are a few more friends on MFP that stevLL and I both have in common that we would love to meet in person as well. Hopefully we will get the chance! :happy:

I could never have asked for better and more supportive friends than Hoots or her husband stevLL. It was my pleasure and honor to finally meet them in person and just wish the visit could have been longer. We just need to meet a few other long time MFP friends and the circle will be complete. They know who they are.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    yup. :bigsmile:
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    yup. :bigsmile:

Hmm. Ponders the eyebrows and huge smile
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    nah...but maybe 1 day
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    None yet! Many I would love to though :]
  • Ro0kins_Wedding
    Options
    Nope. But i've met lots of people from Twitter.
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have met at least 8 of my pals and talked to about 15 of them via phone...A few daily.....They are so real that sometimes its unbelievable....We laugh and go on as if we have been friends for ever...The ones I met OMG...just picked up like long lost friens...dinners, bowling...shopping....I love MFP for the great friends and famly they have brought together...

I am traveling with 20plus of my pals in MIAMI...for a Met up in July!!! Can't wait!

^^This is awesome!!! I have not met any yet, but sure hope that some day I may get to because I have some pretty kick butt friends! They have made my weight loss journey easier and so much more fun!!!! :happy: :drinker: