Have you met any MFP friends in REAL LIFE?

Options

Replies

• Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    A few of them...and others hopefully in the future...there are some folks that actually make a good case for MFP. Plus I've also had friends from real life that I've come across on here
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    nope... but i would like to
  • marcia724
    marcia724 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Most of my friend on here are my actual friends and family...except for maybe 3 or 4!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    YES!! And trying to get more of my MFP local peeps to come out and link up!! It is great to meet the people behind the amazing encouragement!

But like any smart woman, I am not trying to meet anyone from the internet alone in a dark alley! LOL
  • GrokOn
    GrokOn Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Nope, but if anyone wants to hang out I wouldnt be opposed to it.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    I have met one, and she is awesome. We have had 3 meetings (we live 2 hrs. away so have a meeting spot in the middle). I'm so glad too since she stopped logging onto MFP. It's amazing--we felt from that first meeting like we have known each other for years! Would love to do it with some others if I could....maybe some day!

I actually have turned some people I know in person onto mfp but actually do not have them on my friends list...I think I get too personal here and don't really want to talk about this kind of thing with them here. Even my husband and best friend.....both are members of mfp but not on my friends list :). funny.....anyway, they ask me questions in person if they want......
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I have met 2, talked to a few on the phone and texted a bunch...

: ))
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    No, not yet at least.. it would be nice to though :)
  • Ding724
    Ding724 Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    YES!!!!!!! I have! I interviewed for a job with her. She's super sweet and looks amazing! She was one of my first pals on MFP and it was inspiring to see her weightloss in person and know that she's not only awesome online :laugh:
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    No but I would like to, I consider a few of my friends on here true friends. Alot of people don't understand my sense of humour, including my ex step dad, so the few who actually get me I would like to keep hold of. I would definately meet up with my closest friends on here, it would be fun lol.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Sister-in-law, few friends I went to school with, and another girl we were stationed with., Do all those count:)
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Nope but a couple of them live quite close to me so there might be a coffee session at some stage :) x
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I've never met any of my MFP friends in real life, but I have one I'm exchanging food packages with in England.

I used to be very active on LiveJournal, and actually have several friends there that I talk to on Facebook, etc. One I have now known for years, has actually come and visited me and we text/email/FB all the time. She's even coming to my wedding!
  • muwchck
    muwchck Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Only one, but I've known her several years longer than I knew about MFP. We decided to be long distance work out buddies, and when I found out about MFP, it was an easy way for us to help keep each other accountable.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Not yet, but I really want to meet some of them. There is one friend on here that I REALLY want to meet. He knows it too. We have talked on the phone several times and Im sure we will meet up one of these days. :)
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Yes, during one of my trips up North:bigsmile: She is wonderful:heart:
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    had a girls night out just this last weekend with one of mine...we got along in person as well as on MFP. As for details....What happens in Altoona, stays in Altoona :wink:
  • angied80
    angied80 Posts: 749
    Options
    had a girls night out just this last weekend with one of mine...we got along in person as well as on MFP. As for details....What happens in Altoona, stays in Altoona :wink:

Touche'......................I am still hurting.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

LOL Ill have to remember that about Altoona. The Las Vegas of the of Podunk midwest
  • LeSsOvMe
    LeSsOvMe Posts: 117
    Options

LOL Ill have to remember that about Altoona. The Las Vegas of the of Podunk midwest

Lmao!!