Have you met any MFP friends in REAL LIFE?

Options

Replies

• skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    1 yes and she is my bestie now. plans are being made to meet with others and I'm meeting a sh*tton in May at WarriorDash

YES YES YES....I cant wait !!!!!! although you and Michelle better pull me out of the nud if I can make it !
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I know a few people on here that I know in real life. Curiously, we all found it independently. My friend Elena and I found it the same day and joined the sdame day and didn't know it until we were talking later about it, "OMG! You too?"

Two other friends of mine were here long before I joined. One I found becuse I mentioned the site to her and the other found me after seeing me causing havoc in the forums.

As far as people I met here? Not yet. But I would imagine we will eventually.
  • blh_1010
    blh_1010 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yes! :) and they are wonderful friends of mine now :)
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Yup. One I met up with to go to the Great American Beer Festival. And a bunch of others I see every month for the Colorado get-togethers.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Probably over 10 by now, and none of them were my IRL friends before MFP.

One of them is my very special someone. :heart:
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that the OP is "spynoodle" and now I am just way freaked out by this thread.
  • pinstripepirate
    pinstripepirate Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I did, and he became my boyfriend. :)
  • mcelledge
    mcelledge Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yes i have one who works in the office with me.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Yep! And I'm not talking IRL friends. I did my first 5K with one of my MFP friends.
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    I have. A few have become good friends whom I run with weekly. One I met in June at Warrior Dash. I'm meeting two more in May in Virginia for our first half marathon! Woot woot!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    No, but I would LOVE to someday! My MFP friends are all awesome!
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Yes, by Skype but not in person yet. We are planning that.
  • efcdcdb
    efcdcdb Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I've met my sisters (LOL) and some other people who I encouraged to join, but no one who I became friends with just from the site. That would be fun though! There are a few of my MFP pals that I seem to have a lot in common with. A few also live in my area, but we have yet to get together. It would sure be interesting! :laugh:
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I only meet them in my fake life.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I know a few people on here that I know in real life. Curiously, we all found it independently. My friend Elena and I found it the same day and joined the sdame day and didn't know it until we were talking later about it, "OMG! You too?"

Two other friends of mine were here long before I joined. One I found becuse I mentioned the site to her and the other found me after seeing me causing havoc in the forums.

As far as people I met here? Not yet. But I would imagine we will eventually.

^^This
  • y353
    y353 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well, two of my real life friends entered the site because I indicated to them. They created profiles here but don't acess anymore.

One of my RLF entered later, and them I found her. Guess it's not really met MPF friends...
    Living in freaking capibaracountry doest' help either. ahahah
  • Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yes I did!!!! She is a true sister to me!!!! Love love love her!:heart::heart:
  • GroupXZ
    GroupXZ Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I live out in the middle of nowhere in Ohio. I do not think anyone on MFP lives close to me. One day maybe I will meet other MFP members though!
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    nope not yet but maybe someday. I love new friends
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    not yet as I have only been on here a couple weeks