Options

Replies

• LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    20068nk.jpg

Yup...I see I'm not the only one who finds him sexy. :love:

MMMMMMMM!!!

I would take him or Scott Caan any day of the week.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I presonally do not like men with huge muscle and I don't really think skinny boys are attractive either.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. The topic is "woman who don't like men with tons of muscles". If a guy posted "Men who don't like women with tons of fat", there would be a sh*tstorm. Now it would be perfectly acceptable here for them to post "Men who don't like women with tons of muscle." There is a definite bias on this site against muscle already. This topic just adds to it.

I see more bias against people without a lot of muscle. How many times a day do you see "cardio makes you look good with clothes on, lifting makes you look good naked" or something similar?

yea, but the difference is that's true.

I'm sure they both are true, since we are talking about opinions.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. The topic is "woman who don't like men with tons of muscles". If a guy posted "Men who don't like women with tons of fat", there would be a sh*tstorm. Now it would be perfectly acceptable here for them to post "Men who don't like women with tons of muscle." There is a definite bias on this site against muscle already. This topic just adds to it.

I see more bias against people without a lot of muscle. How many times a day do you see "cardio makes you look good with clothes on, lifting makes you look good naked" or something similar?

This is a very recent MFP phenomenon. And only the most zealous of lifting-junkies are saying that. There's plenty of runners/cardio bunnies who look good.

I'm obese. I'm not muscular. But it's an obvious shot at people who are. And seeing as I wanted to lift more weights and become stronger, I will eventually become "muscly" or "bulky" or whatever people want to call it. So apparently I'm ****ed if I do, ****ed if I don't.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Lean/athletic/ripped are fine

if they look like some of the guys on World's Strongest Man or bigger (Bodybuilders)---no thank you.
    They look like they're made of plastic or leather. Big turn off.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't like muscly men at all. David Tennant is my ideal man, and happens to look a lot like my husband.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I don't find myself attracted to overly-muscular men, but I absolutely admire all the hard work they put into their body.

My boyfriend is tall and lanky, but if he toned up just a wee bit, he would be irresistible
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    I find myself attracted to men that are ......men. Yep, I like men. All shapes and sizes. That about sums it up. ;)
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I like a man who looks just how my husband looks - whatever that may be at any given time - because I love HIM.
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I love Adam Levine from Maroon 5, and I have bigger muscles than he does probably. But, he's still HOT!
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I like a man who looks just how my husband looks - whatever that may be at any given time - because I love HIM.

Ditto! My thoughts exactly.
  • Pokermom10
    Pokermom10 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

You're opinion would be wrong. I've had "muscley men" take an interest. I prefer teddy bears. Thank you.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

This is a very recent MFP phenomenon. And only the most zealous of lifting-junkies are saying that. There's plenty of runners/cardio bunnies who look good.

I'm obese. I'm not muscular. But it's an obvious shot at people who are. And seeing as I wanted to lift more weights and become stronger, I will eventually become "muscly" or "bulky" or whatever people want to call it. So apparently I'm ****ed if I do, ****ed if I don't.

No you're not!! No matter what your shape or size there will always be someone that doesn't like it. That's just the way it is.

I'm sure there are some that wouldn't think I "look good naked". But the only person whose opinion on it matters to me thinks I do.
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    I've always been attracted to men who are lean with a little bit of muscle, or average-built. I do not think a ton of muscle makes a man more attractive, especially if the muscles are bulging out of their clothing. I like a strong man, but not one who looks like they could break me in half with their bare hands.
  • healthycurves2012
    Options
    I second the poster who said they like Adam Levine. He is very attractive.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

You're opinion would be wrong. I've had "muscley men" take an interest. I prefer teddy bears. Thank you.

I'm not criticizing you , but an opinion is subjective by its very nature; the person who voices it can be wrong or right regardless of the other possibilities , (unless it's 6 sigma that's pretty much as certain as it gets:laugh: )
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I like big, tall men that are muscular (I LOVE to feel super tiny compared to them), but aren't all cut up to where you can tell all they do is go to the gym and stare at themselves all day. To me, some fat on a man's belly is better than 8pack abs. It's "manlier" to me.

What I love about my husband is that he is big, tall and muscular and he got those muscles from doing real work...Working on cars, working on our house, construction work...stuff that has a purpose beyond vanity(obviously working out has health benefits, but honestly that's not the thing that motivates most people to work out, looking better is) That, to me is so much more attractive than a meat head who lives in the gym.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    why is this conversation in the fitness and exercise forum and not the chit chat forum?

People need to know what they're supposed to be aiming for with their training. You should be taking notes as to what people on the interwebs find attractive.

Some people in life just have low standards for what they like, it's important to raise your standards so you're happy.

Sorry I miss posted in the wrong forum, and I wasn't trying to hurt the feelings of dudes that have big mucles, I just wanted to point out for the dudes that don't its cool there are woman that dig that, there's no need to be a**'s

And it makes me sad :(
  • kayleesays
    kayleesays Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Tall and skinny with lean arm and stomach muscles, but mostly just tall and skinny.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

...or they don't like 'muscley men'
    I find that many (not all but many) extremely muscule-y men are compensating for something - height, personality, wallet size, penis size. A lot of the time they are very self absorbed too. I don't really mind muscules, I just mind the personality they usually come with.