Options

Replies

• Mariana_87
    Options
    I like my men a little pudgy.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

...or they don't like 'muscley men'
    I find that many (not all but many) extremely muscule-y men are compensating for something - height, personality, wallet size, penis size. A lot of the time they are very self absorbed too. I don't really mind muscules, I just mind the personality they usually come with.

Really because all the athletes I know here on my campus sure aren't like that. The real lifters I know lift to train, strength, and are really cool bunch of guys. The giant muscly men on TV maybe, but to generalize like that is a bit ridiculous IMO

My boyfriend is huge into lifting too. Doesn't fit into any of those negatives. I have talked to guys on here that are the same. Men's rugby team at my - school are all great guys too.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. The topic is "woman who don't like men with tons of muscles". If a guy posted "Men who don't like women with tons of fat", there would be a sh*tstorm. Now it would be perfectly acceptable here for them to post "Men who don't like women with tons of muscle." There is a definite bias on this site against muscle already. This topic just adds to it.

And it makes me sad.

me too.
  • MelissaT81
    MelissaT81 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't like muscular men either. I prefer the football player body types...ya know the broad shoulders, husky but not huge...(especially in the stomach), big arms.....*DROOL* :bigsmile: I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they are attracted to and not attracted to. It's a shame people take it to a whole other level.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I dont think I have a "type". I like thin guys, big guys and just about everything in between. Of course, there are extremes at both ends of this that I wouldn't like. But in general I have a wide range of what I think is hot. Then again, looks only play a role at the very beginning. I care about personality a lot more than looks. A body can change...once a D-bag always a D-bag.
  • MystiqueASAP
    Options
    For me, anything from this (not him, just the figure in this picture):

brad-pitt.jpg

to obesity.

Any more muscle is a turn-off, as would be any thinner.

My fiancé is morbidly obese, and of course I find him incredibly attractive.

I must admit that Brad Pitt looks good with (think Troy) or without muscles (Interview with a Vampire, Legends of the Fall, Oceans 11, and etc.).

Anyhow, I don't mind a man with a lean, toned body.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

I find that many (not all but many) extremely muscule-y men are compensating for something - height, personality, wallet size, penis size. A lot of the time they are very self absorbed too. I don't really mind muscules, I just mind the personality they usually come with.

Really because all the athletes I know here on my campus sure aren't like that. The real lifters I know lift to train, strength, and are really cool bunch of guys. The giant muscly men on TV maybe, but to generalize like that is a bit ridiculous IMO

My boyfriend is huge into lifting too. Doesn't fit into any of those negatives. I have talked to guys on here that are the same. Men's rugby team at my - school are all great guys too.

The person I quoted thinks that the only reason a woman would say they don't like musculey men is because they can't get any. That doesn't seem the least bit egotistical to you? really?
    Options

The person I quoted thinks that the only reason a woman would say they don't like musculey men is because they can't get any. That doesn't seem the least bit egotistical to you? really?

Nope. Just someone's opinion. I thought that when I was at my heaviest too. I sure wasn't muscly or self absorbed. A lot of it can be true. Most lifters are interested in girls who take care of themselves and do the same from what I have observed. I don't really agree with the original statement, but that doesn't mean I am going to generalize and put down a whole group of people.

Acg, Ilovedeadlifts, sidesteal, fpacudan, other muscular guys on here: what are you lacking you egotistical males? Hmm? Oh just working to improve strength and body? Whoa!
  • Lindsey1985x
    Lindsey1985x Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I once dated a "Pro-natural" bodybuilder (no steroids apparently) and he had a good body admittedly... HOWEVER... the work he had to put in to keep it was a major put off for me - he'd eat cartons on shredded iceburg lettuce on the hour, followed by lean chicken breast pieces every couple of hours and constantly work out... the lifestyle he needed to maintain just didnt fit in with mine at all - it was weird and all consuming.

I showed him the door when he started treating me like a project to get me to a UK size 6 to 8 (i was a size 16 at the time!!) all of a sudden he was going on and on about this "new me" he could create...errrrm, No. I lost the weight (and still have more to go) in my own time, in a healthy way and for me, no-one else.

Give me tall and well-built any day = think slim rugby player type - overly fat or overly skinny guys don't do it for me, however, everyone is different and everyone is sexy in their own way.
    Options
    I don't like muscular men either. I prefer the football player body types...ya know the broad shoulders, husky but not huge...(especially in the stomach), big arms.....*DROOL* :bigsmile: I think everyone is entitled to their opinion and what they are attracted to and not attracted to. It's a shame people take it to a whole other level.

Cut a little fat on them and some of those boys are ripped!
    I think we certainly all have our opinions and what we all think is attractive is perfectly fine. No wrong answer there :D

Shaming a whole group of guys though seems kind of messed up IMO though. Like stated earlier I would post a topic about "Guys who don't like women with lots of fat" then generalize and say that most but not all are lazy, boring, and rude? Because it is certainly not true!
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Nope. Just someone's opinion. I thought that when I was at my heaviest too. I sure wasn't muscly or self absorbed. A lot of it can be true. Most lifters are interested in girls who take care of themselves and do the same from what I have observed. I don't really agree with the original statement, but that doesn't mean I am going to generalize and put down a whole group of people.

Acg, Ilovedeadlifts, sidesteal, fpacudan, other muscular guys on here: what are you lacking you egotistical males? Hmm? Oh just working to improve strength and body? Whoa!

Thank you, sunshine!
    Funny how they have such nice, sharp minds too.
  • catattack13
    catattack13 Posts: 117
    Options
    this thread creeps me out. like whoever you like, who f'ing cares. pretty sure it's not necessary to bash an entire body type.
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. The topic is "woman who don't like men with tons of muscles". If a guy posted "Men who don't like women with tons of fat", there would be a sh*tstorm. Now it would be perfectly acceptable here for them to post "Men who don't like women with tons of muscle." There is a definite bias on this site against muscle already. This topic just adds to it.

And it makes me sad.

me too.

I think the opposite bias is true - there is a pro-muscle bias on this site. There is a lot of emphasis on lifting heavy which tends towards a belittling of other fitness activities.

There have been a spate of threads recently around these concerns - about cardio making you skinny fat and so on and it's just people reacting to the lifting heavy emphasis.

The bottom line is we can all learn something from each other and the best fitness programme is a balanced one that you hopefully enjoy.
    Options

Thank you, sunshine!
    Funny how they have such nice, sharp minds too.

Exactly. Awesome guys who help me whenever I ask. ilovedeadlifts is training for a competition, chrisdavey is a beast, acg is brilliant, fpacudan is one of the sweetest guys ever!

Muscle isn't the cause. I have met some guys with muscles that were jerks, I have met some scrawny punks that were douche bags. Doesn't make me think less of anyone else
    Options

And it makes me sad.

me too.

I think the opposite bias is true - there is a pro-muscle bias on this site. There is a lot of emphasis on lifting heavy which tends towards a belittling of other fitness activities.

There have been a spate of threads recently around these concerns - about cardio making you skinny fat and so on and it's just people reacting to the lifting heavy emphasis.

The bottom line is we can all learn something from each other and the best fitness programme is a balanced one that you hopefully enjoy.

Well pro-muscle is a pretty healthy bias. Strength trianing is encouraged in most plans for a variety of reasons. Yay strength and bone density! Haha I think many have nothing against cardio, but encouraging lifting is a healthy notion. Though I agree that cardio recently has been put down quite a bit. Combination of what you enjoy is what is important of course!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options

Math lesson
    many ≠ all

Many of the extremely muscley men (I'm not talking about guys that are fit, but extremely muscley men) that I have met are not very interesting and usually egotistical. Obviously, I have not met all of them, I'm sure there are some really great guys out there.
    Options

Math lesson
    many ≠ all

Many of the extremely muscley men (I'm not talking about guys that are fit, but extremely muscley men) that I have met are not very interesting and usually egotistical. Obviously, I have not met all of them, I'm sure there are some really great guys out there.

Thank you for the obvious.

Generalizing a whole group is still ignorant. Most fat people I have met are lazy, don't care about themselves, probably have a small penis, and lack personality - But that would get me a *kitten* storm if I were to post. Why? because it is rude and not true (I don't think that stuff at all btw!)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Math lesson
    many ≠ all

thats what we call a stereotype i believe...........and i thought those were bad?
  • Silverkittycat
    Options
    Math lesson
    many ≠ all

Lesson. Anecdotal evidence?
    You don't count.
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.
    how ****ing dare you?? so every fat ****ing *kitten* is compensating for something too then? because theyre not a stick.. theyre big.. so that must mean theyre trying to compensate for something else right??
    this downright pissed me off, nope i shouldnt let idiots on forums get to me but how can you not.. when you read such an ignorant ****ing remark.
    I saw a tough badass guy at my gym... huge black guy.. covered in tattoos.. muscles bigger than my whole body.. he came up to me and told me i have beautiful tattoos and he wanted to know who did them. and i told him. he THEN PROCEEDED TO HELP ME WITH MY WORKOUT. SHOW ME HOW TO DO CERTAIN LIFTS.. AND HELP PUT WEIGHTS ON MY BARS.. seriously??? if you take that ignorant stick from out of your *kitten* you may realize that these are people too, and generally theyre a lot nicer than those stick wannabe victoria secret models, the rejects. I'd rather be around macho men than people like you any time of the day.
    judgmental moron.

If there was a like button for this post I would have pressed "like" , then "unlike" and then" like" again just so I could have liked it twice.