Woman who don't like men with tons of muscles

Options

Replies

• Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    It's all in the wording. The topic is "woman who don't like men with tons of muscles". If a guy posted "Men who don't like women with tons of fat", there would be a sh*tstorm. Now it would be perfectly acceptable here for them to post "Men who don't like women with tons of muscle." There is a definite bias on this site against muscle already. This topic just adds to it.

And it makes me sad.

me too.

I think the opposite bias is true - there is a pro-muscle bias on this site. There is a lot of emphasis on lifting heavy which tends towards a belittling of other fitness activities.

There have been a spate of threads recently around these concerns - about cardio making you skinny fat and so on and it's just people reacting to the lifting heavy emphasis.

The bottom line is we can all learn something from each other and the best fitness programme is a balanced one that you hopefully enjoy.

Well pro-muscle is a pretty healthy bias. Strength trianing is encouraged in most plans for a variety of reasons. Yay strength and bone density! Haha I think many have nothing against cardio, but encouraging lifting is a healthy notion. Though I agree that cardio recently has been put down quite a bit. Combination of what you enjoy is what is important of course!

You win the award for the most convoluted comment I've seen on the forums today :) I like A, but B is good, but then again A is good but B is great choice...then again A makes a good arguement...holy moly ;)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Oops sorry made sense in my head xD
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I find that many (not all but many) extremely muscule-y men are compensating for something - height, personality, wallet size, penis size. A lot of the time they are very self absorbed too. I don't really mind muscules, I just mind the personality they usually come with.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.
    how ****ing dare you?? so every fat ****ing *kitten* is compensating for something too then? because theyre not a stick.. theyre big.. so that must mean theyre trying to compensate for something else right??
    this downright pissed me off, nope i shouldnt let idiots on forums get to me but how can you not.. when you read such an ignorant ****ing remark.
    I saw a tough badass guy at my gym... huge black guy.. covered in tattoos.. muscles bigger than my whole body.. he came up to me and told me i have beautiful tattoos and he wanted to know who did them. and i told him. he THEN PROCEEDED TO HELP ME WITH MY WORKOUT. SHOW ME HOW TO DO CERTAIN LIFTS.. AND HELP PUT WEIGHTS ON MY BARS.. seriously??? if you take that ignorant stick from out of your *kitten* you may realize that these are people too, and generally theyre a lot nicer than those stick wannabe victoria secret models, the rejects. I'd rather be around macho men than people like you any time of the day.
    judgmental moron.

I like this. Most of the people in the gym, full stop, are decent people.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options

:) Sorry had to tease you on that one, maybe I was just too tired to understand it :)
    Options
    I find that many (not all but many) extremely muscule-y men are compensating for something - height, personality, wallet size, penis size. A lot of the time they are very self absorbed too. I don't really mind muscules, I just mind the personality they usually come with.

YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.
    how ****ing dare you?? so every fat ****ing *kitten* is compensating for something too then? because theyre not a stick.. theyre big.. so that must mean theyre trying to compensate for something else right??
    this downright pissed me off, nope i shouldnt let idiots on forums get to me but how can you not.. when you read such an ignorant ****ing remark.
    I saw a tough badass guy at my gym... huge black guy.. covered in tattoos.. muscles bigger than my whole body.. he came up to me and told me i have beautiful tattoos and he wanted to know who did them. and i told him. he THEN PROCEEDED TO HELP ME WITH MY WORKOUT. SHOW ME HOW TO DO CERTAIN LIFTS.. AND HELP PUT WEIGHTS ON MY BARS.. seriously??? if you take that ignorant stick from out of your *kitten* you may realize that these are people too, and generally theyre a lot nicer than those stick wannabe victoria secret models, the rejects. I'd rather be around macho men than people like you any time of the day.
    judgmental moron.

I was at a brand new rec center today and was having trouble figuring out how to adjust something since I had never been there. Big gy came over and asked if I needed help and fixed it for me, then complimented me on the weight I had on the bar, and went about his own lift.

Also had a time where I failed out on bench press and had some guy run over because he thought I was hurt to get the bar off of me (though i had it under control) said if i needed a spotter that he would certainly help me.

Darn big oaf.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about this topic, is it was started just as one about personal preference, which there is nothing wrong with. What I find amusing though, is how it is perfectly acceptable for people to generalize and stereotype muscular guys. The op, just asked what people found attractive. Which could have been answered very simply without saying that every muscular guy has a small p**is and is a *kitten*, but that is the route people often choose to take. I just find it funny, that big muscular guys seem to be the only group left that it is ok to openly mock and talk s**t about. Hell, planet fitness marketed their whole empire around making fun of bodybuilders!
    Options

:) Sorry had to tease you on that one, maybe I was just too tired to understand it :)

I reread it and confused myself I think xD haha! No worries :D
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    20068nk.jpg

Ooh man that's sexy.. time for a cold shower.. lol
    Options
    I want eye candy!

300-Leonidas-B.jpg

lol :D
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    borrowed from Elizabeth. ;)

va.jpg
  • Elenazuniga
    Options
    Nice back bigbearw.. ;)
  • Lost_Mermaid
    Options
    Well, I like guys with muscles...or I like one guy with muscles anyway lol, my husband that is. I never had a certain body type or any physical attributes that I was attracted to, sexy comes in a lot of different forms. But when I saw my husband for the first time, I was like 'DAMN!' lol I hadnt seen a lot of muscles up close before and I liked what I saw...but anyway, I like the way he looks and feels and how strong he is and it doesnt bother me that he isnt soft like a pillow (somebody mentioned that being a reason they dont like muscles) because...well, thats what they have pillows for, isnt it! I dont think a guy wants to sit around and be his girl's personal pillow anyway ;)
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Tall, lean (almost to the point of scrawny), dark hair, dark eyes, broad shoulders. I got that exactly in my husband. Just enough muscle to keep me looking but not so much that it unattractive. I don't like lumpy.
  • nutandbutter
    Options
    I want eye candy!

pic

lol :D

Agreed!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRyKoSP8v7nIMW44QRqlyq9DFiUGTnLlFqNPv5Oe__re8w-EomW
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The funny thing about this topic, is it was started just as one about personal preference, which there is nothing wrong with. What I find amusing though, is how it is perfectly acceptable for people to generalize and stereotype muscular guys. The op, just asked what people found attractive. Which could have been answered very simply without saying that every muscular guy has a small p**is and is a *kitten*, but that is the route people often choose to take. I just find it funny, that big muscular guys seem to be the only group left that it is ok to openly mock and talk s**t about. Hell, planet fitness marketed their whole empire around making fun of bodybuilders!

Yea! thank you for pointing this out, I really didn't mean to make this a bashing thing, AT ALL! and I am sorry for offending any one, I just kinda wanted to show that its not so black and white regarding what people are sttracted to, and yea looking at it now I guess the name sounds kinda mean but I really meant just general attraction, and of course people will change who they are attracted to once they met the person and find out their personality,

MAN! but once again didn't mean to offend any one! and I don't think its wrong to have budging muscles, I am sure there a lots of health benifits for it, so that cool,

I wouldn't liken this post to if some one said men who don't like fat woman, I would liken it to a post were it says men who don't like skinny woman then proseded to talk about liking chuby girls or ect. and I wouldnt take offence to that I would think yayy there are men that like woman who are chunky like me, and I thought a dude could read this and think oh yayy there are woman who like skinny dude like me,

thats all sorry for the up roar
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't like the ones that go for world-wide body building. Vin Diesel amount is enough for me!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I don't care too much either way about muscles - broad shoulders and height (above 6 ft) are much more important to me. I dated one chunkier guy with muscles, and one quite overweight guy, but most of the guys I've dated (and the one I married) were tall and wiry - athletic but not built. I probably would not be into a serious HUGE body builder build, but anything else would be okay. I am much more into personality and can they make me laugh when it comes to relationships
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I just like men.....
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    It is my opinion that women who say they don't like 'muscley men' only say so because a 'muscley man' hasn't taken interest in them.

...or they don't like 'muscley men'

Really because all the athletes I know here on my campus sure aren't like that. The real lifters I know lift to train, strength, and are really cool bunch of guys. The giant muscly men on TV maybe, but to generalize like that is a bit ridiculous IMO

My boyfriend is huge into lifting too. Doesn't fit into any of those negatives. I have talked to guys on here that are the same. Men's rugby team at my - school are all great guys too.

The person I quoted thinks that the only reason a woman would say they don't like musculey men is because they can't get any. That doesn't seem the least bit egotistical to you? really?

Nope. Just someone's opinion. I thought that when I was at my heaviest too. I sure wasn't muscly or self absorbed. A lot of it can be true. Most lifters are interested in girls who take care of themselves and do the same from what I have observed. I don't really agree with the original statement, but that doesn't mean I am going to generalize and put down a whole group of people.

Acg, Ilovedeadlifts, sidesteal, fpacudan, other muscular guys on here: what are you lacking you egotistical males? Hmm? Oh just working to improve strength and body? Whoa!

Math lesson
    many ≠ all

Many of the extremely muscley men (I'm not talking about guys that are fit, but extremely muscley men) that I have met are not very interesting and usually egotistical. Obviously, I have not met all of them, I'm sure there are some really great guys out there.

A few of the muscly men I have known have been nice guys. A few have had issues and been ****s. Either way, I didn't find the lots of muscles thing attractive. In fact I broke up with an extremely fit and well built guy (a semi pro rugby player) to get together with my now husband, who at the time weighed 125 lbs (he's 5'11"). So nothing to do with what I can get, I've been hit on by all types. I just prefer thinner men.
  • nutandbutter
    Options

Yea! thank you for pointing this out, I really didn't mean to make this a bashing thing, AT ALL! and I am sorry for offending any one, I just kinda wanted to show that its not so black and white regarding what people are sttracted to, and yea looking at it now I guess the name sounds kinda mean but I really meant just general attraction, and of course people will change who they are attracted to once they met the person and find out their personality,

MAN! but once again didn't mean to offend any one! and I don't think its wrong to have budging muscles, I am sure there a lots of health benifits for it, so that cool,

I wouldn't liken this post to if some one said men who don't like fat woman, I would liken it to a post were it says men who don't like skinny woman then proseded to talk about liking chuby girls or ect. and I wouldnt take offence to that I would think yayy there are men that like woman who are chunky like me, and I thought a dude could read this and think oh yayy there are woman who like skinny dude like me,

thats all sorry for the up roar

How can you not understand that it's not cool to say that about anyone? In this example, you're insulting skinny girls. Of course you wouldn't be offended by it. If there was a thread that said "men who don't like women that are fat", would you find that insulting?