bump
  • BeccaBollons
    BeccaBollons Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing this with us worked out my numbers and it is much higher with 1915 on non workout days says to cut lbs can loose up to 300 off this which leaves me at around 1600 which is what i try to make on workout days with 1300 on non, so yea it is interesting seriously thinking of switching up of i begin weight training really considering it now
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This lines up pretty closely with my -20% calculation. There is so much different information floating around that it is hard to feel really confident about a decision, and it's nice to see some confirmation from different sources.

I am really interested in this book!
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    No problem! I am not an expert and of course am only posting what the book says, but I truly believe that MFP should not be putting everyone and their brother at 1200 calories a day - unless you're very very short, it's really too little. It may seem excessive, but if everyone eats more they will still lose weight, will build muscle, and will be able to keep it going throughout their life without feeling like they are restricting themselves too much!

I ate at 1200 net for the first two months of my weight loss since January and while it worked fine, I'm a little ashamed because I should have done more research instead of just taking MFP's suggestions at face value. I don't believe that anyone should eat below 1400 net ever, and definitely even a little more than that usually. Especially if you're working out and want muscles to grow :D

I am very short (5'0") and 1200 is too low for me. I was starving so I upped to 1550. According to this, to lose weight, on my non workout days I should eat 1636 and on workout days, 2023. That's a pretty big difference.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    bumping
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Crazy high. It means I'd have to eat 1900 calories on rest days! I highly doubt I'd lose with that much...
  • KBoddu
    KBoddu Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    bump
  • shabbychick81
    shabbychick81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    i have upped my caps and i am losing great . i eat 1700 a day. . except or the later 2 days i have been sick. it really works . of course i think you should eat healthy
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info!
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump