bump 4 l8r
  • meg0013
    meg0013 Posts: 102
    Options
    bump
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    bump. And I have the exact calculation as you. 131 pounds and 68 inches :P Made it easy haha

Hah awesome :D
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options

How short is very, very short? MFP has my goal set at 1200. I am 61" tall, or 5'1"

you are WAY to tall to be eating 1200 calories...please do the calculations that the OP gave you and see what you should be at...and eat a sandwich lol

I've seen others who are very short, like 4'11 or less, on other posts claim that because they are so short they are ok eating that little. I personally don't believe this because every single person on the earth has the same cells and organs that need the same amount of calories to do their work. But, as I am not short, I can't really say if my instinct on the subject is true or not. I personally don't think anyone should eat less than 1400 calories for any purpose. And that is NOT including exercise calories burned. But, I'd say try doing the calculations and see how they work for you and if it isn't working out, change it up.
  • AJ_MotherRunner
    AJ_MotherRunner Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this!!! : )
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ARe these calculations only for those that lift weights? Also, does one eat back exercise calories on days of workouts?
  • guinessngolf
    Options
    bump
  • k8lyn_235
    k8lyn_235 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    ARe these calculations only for those that lift weights? Also, does one eat back exercise calories on days of workouts?

i'd like to know this, also, please!
  • k8lyn_235
    Options
    another question
    If your BMI is 18-24.9:
    Multiply X by:
    On non-workout days: 1.6
    On workout days: 1.8

If your BMI is >25
    Multiply X by:
    On non-workout days: 1.5
    On workout days: 1.7

So for me, I'll do
    Non-workout days: X = 1222.54 * 1.6 = 1956 calories
    Workout days: X = 1222.54*1.8 = 2201 calories

do you memorize your "workout day" calories and just try to hit that on MFP (because, as far as i know, there is no way to have two different calorie goals on MFP).. AND are these net calories or just overall calories on workout days?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I just bought the kindle edition of this book, and started reading today, but had not hit any actual recommendations yet. E-books are a pain to flip back through, so I'm glad to have found this all laid out clearly!

There should be a way to set "bookmarks" on your Kindle - it's very useful for books like NROLFW with charts, etc. hope that helps. :)

Hey, I hope this helps... I have an older Kindle and I can set bookmarks. Here is how I do it. I just click the menu button when I'm on the page I want to bookmark. Then there is a "Add a bookmark" option. I just click it. Then, later, I can just open the book, click menu and click "View my notes and marks". It lists all of my notes and bookmarks, go to the one I want, click and it takes me there.
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks..
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    another question
    If your BMI is 18-24.9:
    Multiply X by:
    On non-workout days: 1.6
    On workout days: 1.8

If your BMI is >25
    Multiply X by:
    On non-workout days: 1.5
    On workout days: 1.7

So for me, I'll do
    Non-workout days: X = 1222.54 * 1.6 = 1956 calories
    Workout days: X = 1222.54*1.8 = 2201 calories

do you memorize your "workout day" calories and just try to hit that on MFP (because, as far as i know, there is no way to have two different calorie goals on MFP).. AND are these net calories or just overall calories on workout days?

In the past I would just change it every day. You could set your calories at the higher number and on your non workout days you'd be technically under.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    bump! thanks for this! I was thinking of buying the book but really wanted to know this part before I went to buy it. (some people were claiming it would tell me to eat a thousand cals more...) this seems more realistic. I'm in :)
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    The very idea of eating more than 1600 calories is TERRIFYING!!!!
  • amonkey794
    amonkey794 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    bump
  • k8lyn_235
    Options
    The very idea of eating more than 1600 calories is TERRIFYING!!!!

i totally agree! according to this i need to eat over 2000 on workout days to maintain! i don't think i could ever make myself do that!
  • banderson1107
    banderson1107 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    bump