Skinny gossip

Options
14567810»

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I agree! Kate Upton is gorgeous! All different types of bodies are gorgeous and it makes no sense for anyone to compare or want to be like someone else when so much of it is based on genetics. Being fit will look different on all different women and is something a person can work on as much or as little as they want, all choices are fine in that as well. Would Kate Upton want to change or trade her body? Of course not!! And neither should any other women (because it's impossible). We can all just appreciate and love the body that we have (and do so without putting other women down). Being healthy and fit is an act of self-love as well (regardless of the outcome of the work, just doing the work is healthy). I agree that the article on that web site is disgusting. I'm sorry if anything I said came across wrong. I was talking about different body types, but I do not think that any one body type is better than another. I think they are different and all beautiful and not something that can be set as a goal. We can only be ourselves.

No, I agree with you. I honestly wasn't even referring to your posts.

Phew! :wink: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • holothuroidea
    holothuroidea Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I don't think "objectively gorgeous" or "universally attractive" are things that actually exist.

However, I'm well aware that what I think about Kate Upton's appearance means absolutely nothing to anyone. She doesn't exist for us to judge her appearance, nobody does. I think it's really very sad that we've normalized this kind of objectification and it fills me with anger and sadness every time I see it.... which is often.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't think "objectively gorgeous" or "universally attractive" are things that actually exist.

However, I'm well aware that what I think about Kate Upton's appearance means absolutely nothing to anyone. She doesn't exist for us to judge her appearance, nobody does. I think it's really very sad that we've normalized this kind of objectification and it fills me with anger and sadness every time I see it.... which is often.

I understand how you feel about that. But, it actually is her job to be a model and she models for sexuality reasons (it's a matter of opinion on whether or not that is acceptable or not. I am not a fan of "slut shaming", as it is called). So, people are going to notice and comment on her being attractive (and it doesn't mean people think she exists only for that). But, I understand if what you mean is that you are against the industry as a whole for the impact it has on women and society. I certainly have mixed feelings about it. I see the down sides. I also think it is ok to celebrate the body and acknowledge that it is natural for people to notice and enjoy the human body.