has your "type" changed?

Options

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    It sure has. I definitely want someone fitness and health orientated now.
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    No, I am easy to please - Either men or women, no blondes.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I used to be extremely shallow about my 'type', and hated nice guys. I would always go for the *kitten* cliches who were built, not that much taller than me (I'm 5"5) and were usually pretty selfish.

But when I went on university exchange I met a guy there that I dated who was the nicest, funniest, most outgoing guy ever. He was also pretty thin in a lean way, and 6 ft tall. Now I seem to be on the prowl for people just like him LOL

Edit: Fitness is also very important to me. I could never date a couch potato because they would annoy me
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Yes
    I have been what is affectionately known as a "chubby chaser" for my entire dating life...........but the leaner I get...........the more the fit gals start to turn my head..........
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Yes it has.

people are always looking for someone that is more like them in the things that they do for fun. So as I become more active I am obviously drawn to more active people.
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Not really...I have always liked my ladies with a little extra padding! :) I'm not picky at all as long as she is beautiful on the inside as well! :)
  • pouringraina
    pouringraina Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I thought I liked tall (over 6 foot) and skinny guys. But once I started dating my husband, I realized that shorter broader guys were my thing. My husband has a "cave-man" face - prominent brow bone and jaw line, and deep set eyes. That's what I think is attractive now. My new celeb crush is David Giuntoli from Grimm. Yummmmmy. He looks a lot like my husband.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Yes, my type has changed. Before, I used to not think about it.

Physically:
    Fit - That's my only requirement. I don't care about looks much, and could learn to love a homely face if his body is fit and some of the requirements below are met.

Superficially:
    Likes fishing and camping, water and outdoor activities.
    Likes to drink a little.
    Doesn't do night clubs often.
    Stays up to date on current social and/or civil topics
    Not religious

Must have's:
    Extremely high intelligence.
    Moderate to high sex drive
    a HUGE..............sense of adventure
    Good sense of humor
    Is very honest with himself.
    Passionate about something in his life
    Not emotionally immature
    Has no more baggage than a carry-on, and must be willing to deal with whatever's in there 'cause I'm not the one.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I used to love the submissive type who would bend to my will, until I met Saddam. He's so alpha, I love it.

BAHAHAHA I <3 SP

Edited to add my type, woops.

Don't have one. Want nothing to do with anyone romantically for a long time. Never dating another drummer! GAH!!!
    :laugh:
  • Meaganandcheese
    Meaganandcheese Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Before Mr Cheesefries, I tended to date tall, dark athletic men. I had a thing for black Irish - dark hair and blue eyes - in particular. Mr CF is barely 6" and blond, a more stocky build - a football player rather than a swimmer. Still got those blue eyes though.

But we're well-matched and sometimes I think my "type" was all wrong before. While he doesn't match the physical type I went for before, his personality matches that "must-have" list I had made for myself years before we met: smart, funny, driven, caring, romantic, compassionate, and most importantly - crazy about me.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Nope. Breathing still works for me.
    Probably a good thing, since necrophilia is generally frowned upon.

Unless, of course, you're both zombies in the final stand against the Human Apocalypse... That could be an exception.
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Nope. Breathing still works for me.
    Probably a good thing, since necrophilia is generally frowned upon.

Unless, of course, you're both zombies in the final stand against the Human Apocalypse... That could be an exception.
    Or unless the dead person in question is a sparkling stalker fairy who answers to the name Edward -.- *shakes head*
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This man has been my type for 40 years - don't think its going to change any time soon.
    Mmmmmmine-1.jpg

That is so sweet. Also, you are both super hot!!
  • Banks01
    Banks01 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I use to be brunette only. Then went through a red and blonde phase,

And now it's just attractive, kind, and smart, and the rest is bonus
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    I used to SAY "tall, dark, and handsome", but all the guys I looked at were tall, blonde, and exquisite!!! :D I still like mine "haole" (love them white men!) lol!!! don't know why, not at all attracted to asians, but my husband was chinese, filipino, spanish, german. German in the last name... he was my height (not tall), dark (okay...very tanned), and had a great smile.

tall... oh, 5'8" or taller...
    blonde... negotiable... :) I don't care much for the bleached blonde... natural blonde, dirty blonde... brown ...
    handsome... rugged looking, cute, mature...

there's not mold...
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My "type" includes:
    -having a drivers license
    -a job, or trying to get one
    -don't live with mom and/or dad or both
    -no kids
    -must like physical activity

Hasn't really changed except the last one, lazy used to not bother me AS much, but now, I can't handle a lazy fuck.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Nope, I don't beleive so. Still have the same criteria as I did before.. EXCEPT maybe now I aim to look for ladies who are as physically active as me now. I don't ever want to be that lazy unhappy person ever again.
  • babybluefire
    babybluefire Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    When I was a younger adult/ teen I was into the very tall blond type. Dated an epic jerk. Any kind of blond or even light red is a huge turn off now. Married a 5'11 guy. Learned that I hate being so much shorter and smaller then my partner because it makes me feel small and childish. Its hard to have a disagreement and not feel that way when you have to crane your neck up to look at them.

So short stocky guys with brown hair and eyes... if they have a love of children(family), physical romance....lol, horses and star wars its a match made in heaven.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    my wife says i have a type: my hall pass list is rachel bilson, mill kunis, kate middleton and Emmanuelle Chriqui.
  • Allison22451
    Allison22451 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    nope.
    Cary Grant has always been "my type" .
    tall, dark and handsome.
    he was the epitome of debonair with killer comedic timing.
    what a delicious dish. *girlish sigh*
    they dont make 'em like that anymore.

-a