How often do your record your weight?

Options

Replies

• hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I weight daily, but only record it once a week. I also measure weekly, but only record it biweekly.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    daily. But simply as a process of routine, encouragement and maybe a little bit like shining down a silver spork and replacing it to the glass cabinet. To only repeat the next day.

It brings me comfort.

*don't judge me* lol
  • MammaC66
    MammaC66 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every time I have a loss. It is encouraging to see the numbers ad up on the ticker as the pounds go down.:flowerforyou:
  • mrswinstead
    Options
    Bump
  • plarcade
    plarcade Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Once a week, after I pee and before breakfast. I'd love to weigh more often, but I get a bit obsessive.
  • gonnaloseweight06
    Options
    I weigh myself whenever I feel it's needed (about 2x per week) but record once a week (every Monday morning). I'm planning on recording my measurements every 10 days.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    daily. But simply as a process of routine, encouragement and maybe a little bit like shining down a silver spork and replacing it to the glass cabinet. To only repeat the next day.

It brings me comfort.

*don't judge me* lol

Where did you get a shiny silver spork?
  • fat2fitdancody
    fat2fitdancody Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Weighed myself today and I've lost 7lbs in 2 weeks! Felt so good today, under 20st (280lbs) for the first time in years.
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every time I have a loss. It is encouraging to see the numbers ad up on the ticker as the pounds go down.:flowerforyou:

Me, too! Whatever works to motivate, right?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,644 Member
    Options
    I log once a week on Saturdays after exercising and showering and in the buff but only record my weight at the end of the month when I take an average of all weigh-ins.
  • emstgm
    emstgm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and record daily. I like to see the daily fluctuations. However, I do try to turn off the setting where it broadcasts my weight loss if I am re-losing something I already lost, so people don't get confused (because MFP doesn't advertise when I've gained!)
  • DBlythe50
    DBlythe50 Posts: 18
    Options
    I check in every Sunday morning before breakfast. We are doing this as a family and since Jan 01 we meet at the scale for our measurements and weigh in then post it on a white board and on MFP. Keeps us all honest :smile:
  • Bmontgomery613
    Bmontgomery613 Posts: 200 Member
    Options

It brings me comfort.

*don't judge me* lol

No judgement here! I completely understand where you're coming from with the comfort aspect of it. While I like the idea of the big numbers on the scale, there's no way I could wait a whole month to weigh in. I'd go crazy. And, I find that my clothes aren't a good indicator. Depending on the brand, I'm in about 3 different sizes right now. I'm looking better in my clothes, but it's not enough of a motivator for me.

We all gotta do what works best for us, right? :flowerforyou:
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily and I log every time I have a new low to record.
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Once a week.
  • 5ladybugs
    5ladybugs Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ok, I admit it, I am a bit OCD about weighing myself. I get such a high when I see those numbers going down, so I check my weight every day, sometimes twice a day. It's my thing and I own it and I know there are going to be weeks when I plateau and weeks when I gain (had that last week), but I feel that it gives me more control over what I'm doing. I noticed I was slipping more and more diet soda into my diet and my body was responding by holding onto the weight, so I'm working again to keep it to a bare minimum. Also, I know that during certain times of the month, I'm going to hold more water and the scale isn't going to budge, or it's going to go up a little. I don't feel like I'm being unhealthy about it. I know that I'm being a bit neurotic and I'm ok with that. Personally I think it's hilarious that I've upped my calories last week and the weight has been dropping faster now.

Which leads me to my question for those of us who do weigh in daily. How often do you record your weight? I try to only do it once a week, but I've lost 3lbs since my weigh in on Friday and I'm just so stinkin excited about it!!

I could've written this myself! It keeps me on track, so I don't think it's a problem :)
    I record whenever it's lower.
    Also how much did you up your calories?
  • taylor0204
    taylor0204 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I record my weight every Sunday.
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Once a week... on Friday morning.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    I weigh in when I have maintained or exceeded my loss for a full week. That way I don't feel like I'm logging in natural fluctuations.
    Ex.
    2 weeks ago I weighed 178
    1 week ago: 176.8
    Today: 176.4.
    So today I logged in at 177 because I'm pretty confident that that pound is legitimate. If I get in at < or = to 176.4 next week, then I will give myself 176.5 as a weigh in.

I started this method because I had a really busy weekend once and dropped 4lbs on the scale, but those 4lbs came back almost immediately because they weren't really fat burned.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and normally log once a week. UNLESS like today, I had a .8 loss since yesterday. That I definitely logged.