How often do your record your weight?

Options
12346»

Replies

• rebeccasedwards
    Options
    I weigh daily and record if it is down. If it goes up I know it will come down if I do everything right. Then I record the next weight loss. I get excited about those losses too and know the weight will rise and fall.
  • ejacree1010
    ejacree1010 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh myself twice a week, usually on Wednesday mornings and Saturdays, but will only record my weight once per week.
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh myself once a week at the same time of day. I would become nervrotic otherwise! :-D
  • Chrisborro
    Options
    I also weigh daily (sometimes twice). I log any time I get a record low. Down .2 from yesterday? Logged! But if I go up a bit, I wait until I have a new record low before logging again. So if I logged 146.2 today - which I did :), and tomorrow's weight is 147, then 146.5, then 146 even, I won't log again until the 146 even so I'm not recording the same pounds over and over again.

Yay im not thte only one
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I record everyday so I can track trends so far I notice I always go up on Mondays and saturday is usually my lowest of the week. I can also see how sodium and water effect my weight loss or gain,
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I weigh & measure every Sunday
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily but only record my weight if its lower than the number I had before. Never if its higher :bigsmile:
    I do this too
  • gurganuss
    gurganuss Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am with most of the group. I hop on the scale everyday, but only log once a week my weight loss. When weighing every day you can see how different levels of sodium affect your weight. I look at it like a science experiment!!!
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I also weigh daily (sometimes twice). I log any time I get a record low. Down .2 from yesterday? Logged! But if I go up a bit, I wait until I have a new record low before logging again. So if I logged 146.2 today - which I did :), and tomorrow's weight is 147, then 146.5, then 146 even, I won't log again until the 146 even so I'm not recording the same pounds over and over again.

^^ I do this too ^^ :wink:
  • Jmstill300
    Jmstill300 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week on the same scale on Monday mornings. I figure I don't need the added stress of weighing myself everyday. To each, their own though.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I weigh and measure body composition every morning, without fail. I keep a very detailed daily spreadsheet of my metrics and progress - it's a great way to understand the many variables that make up fitness and health.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    Once a week. I'm too scared to check more often that that :/
  • clark60
    clark60 Posts: 3
    Options
    I weigh every day several times a day.........I cant help myself. I feel if i dont do that then I will go off my eating plan, my scale is my accountability. I only record it once a week.
  • Broken420
    Broken420 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but only record my Thursday weigh-in. I record losses and gains.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    when I moved I didn't buy a new scale. i'm not going to. I will weigh myself when I come across a scale. I am hoping to see a change in my body, I don't give a crap about the numbers. then I start obsessing about the smallest amount.
  • katelynpelerson
    katelynpelerson Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Once a week, on Monday mornings after I pee and before I eat. It's kind of like a thing to look forward to to see if I've lost weight, and if I haven't it's more motivation than anything else. Don't make your weight the biggest part of your weight loss journey, focus on eating better and exercising more.
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    Question for those who don't log if you gained: How much would you have to gain back before you would think of it as real gain and log it?

I gained almost 10lbs back between the Holidays, finals, and a break-up and it took me over 2 months to say "OK, I need to log the gain to be accountable that it's not going away on it's own"

I think I've convinced myself that little losses and gains are always "fluctuations" and ignore them. O_o
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I mostly log my weight here when ever I hit a new lowest. Sometimes I might wait a day or two if I feel like it's not going to stick or if I am hoping for an even greater loss.

But, honestly, I mainly just log it when I feel like it. :laugh:

But I never log gains. I keep track of those on my graph at skinnyr.com. But just lowest here. For example, 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was at 156. I'm currently back up to 162 after indulging a LOT. So right now I am working back toward my lowest of 156. After that, I will have my sights back on further weight loss toward my ultimate goal of about 120. :)
  • pacettas
    pacettas Posts: 4
    Options
    Speaking of OCD, with only short exceptions, I have been weighing myself daily since I was 17 years old. (I am now 56.) In the last 3 years I have started keeping a graph next to my mirror in the bathroom. (it is about 6weeks because I use a conventional piece of high school graph paper). I graph my weight 2 years ago in one color, (I was about 24lbs. lighter), a year ago in another color, (I weighed about 5lbs less than I weigh now) and then the previous 6 wks in another color. I also have a 4lb range for my goal that I bracket in yet another color. I have been fighting (gaining and losing) the same 25 lbs for all those years. It was official this week, I weigh what I weighed the week my 19 year old twins were born---the only other time I have gotten this high. That is what has motivated me to get with it on MFP.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself every single morning and sometimes even at random whenever I used the bathroom with the scale in it. And I would log it on here every Thursday. Now that I don't really care about my weight anymore I don't weigh myself as often. I just remembered to log it a couple days ago, lost .2 pounds since my last weigh-in! lol. I'm not doing maintenence yet, I'm at losing 1/2 pound per week.