Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I GUESS..SOME WOMEN MIGHT FEEL LIKE IF THEY ARE ABOUT TO SWEAT IT OUT, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE A BEAUTY, BECAUSE MID WORKOUT YOUR GONNA BE MAKING UGLY FACES, SWEATING AND YOUR HAIR MIGHT COME UNDONE ANYWAY. SOME WOMEN MIGHT ALSO THINK THAT IF YOU ARE GOING TO THE GYM TO LOOK PRETTY YOU ARE NOT REALLY THERE TO WORK, BUT IF IT WORKS FOR YOU..THEN IT SHOULDN'T MATTER WHAT OTHERS THINK--JUST ROCK IT. :)

Exactly.... You took the words right out of my mouth.
  • onewithwings
    Options
    I go to the gym to work hard and get all sweaty. I don't go there too look good. I want my results to look good!
    Besides, who wants makeup running down your face from sweat?

There's this chick at my gym who cakes on the makeup, puts her hair in a "up do", wears tight fitting skimpy clothes and hangs out at the gym all day. Only going outside to smoke a cigarette.

WTFO?
  • hnguthrie
    hnguthrie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    In Texas we’re not allowed to leave the house without our hair fixed and make-up on.

I like my yoga pants.
    I like my side pony.
    I like my red lipstick.

I also like to see men come behind me and lower the weights. ;)

I'm a native, lifelong Texan. I wear makeup only on special occasions (read: weddings and funerals), and the only time a straightening or curling iron ever touches my hair is the day it gets cut and the stylist does it, which happens every three months at most. I don't even own a blow dryer. I've never felt these things were worth my time, though I have no opinion on anyone else's beauty routine. My point is this: It's great that you enjoy these things, but it has zero to do with your home state.

On the thread topic: who cares what anyone is wearing at the gym? Don't hog the machines, clean up after yourself, and forget about everyone else. Do your thing, whatever that happens to be.
  • superstankazz
    Options
    I could give a *kitten* less what ANYBODY at the gym is wearing! I think it takes a true narcissist to think that people are checking you out and hating on you because they think you're too cute! GET OVER YOURSELF HUN, NOBODY IS LOOKING! You are the LAST thing on anybody else's mind when they are getting sweaty and working hard. SMH!
  • neti_call
    neti_call Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think the general idea is that girls who get pretty to go to the gym are there to pick up guys.
    Not condoning this idea, but not condemning it either.
  • valenief
    valenief Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym to work hard and get all sweaty. I don't go there too look good. I want my results to look good!
    Besides, who wants makeup running down your face from sweat?

There's this chick at my gym who cakes on the makeup, puts her hair in a "up do", wears tight fitting skimpy clothes and hangs out at the gym all day. Only going outside to smoke a cigarette.

WTFO?

Ohh I hate those we have a ton of high school girl's that just hang out all the time. We have a small town with nothing but a gym and a wal-mart ..... It drives me nuts because for one you have to ask them to move then they stair at you like your retarded....Im like omg really go find a park to stand in.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Gimme a chick that looks homeless and can put up 325. I don't care if she's wearing a burlap sack or the latest Athena tank top, how many pull-ups can she crank out?

"Is that girl with you?"
    "Which one? Tinkerbelle, or the railroad hobo that just crushed your PR?"

Friends?
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I prefer to wear whatever is comfortable instead of going for fashion.

Beside I don't want chalk or blood on my nice t shirts :D
  • mandimommy
    Options
    I am a mom of three. What looks "sloppy" or "lazy " to one might have been exactly what I had time for so I could get my kids to school or the gym day care and make it into the gym period. Who gives a *kitten*? I am there to get hot, not look hot. I personally don't care what anyone else wears to workout.
  • kassiechambliss
    kassiechambliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I read this the other day and laughed this morning when I thought about it. I worked out at home today with my Wii wearing a tank top and panties.
  • IPAfan5
    IPAfan5 Posts: 27
    Options
    I don't know about the rest of you ladies, but I like to look and feel good when I am at the gym. I LOVE how I feel in a new nike/LuLu outfit. I love hot pink running tops and cute yoga pants. I love feeling my high ponytail swoosh around when I am on a long run. I like having my cheeks flushed and my lashes dark.

Why is it that this is hated & looked down upon by other woman? Woman who care about thier appearance at the gym are apparently silly in alot of other womans minds?

Well, I for one am not a fan of the "roll out of bed look" at 5:00 pm - so, I guess we will all have to agree to disagree.

But honestly, what really is your beef?

If you had a home gym would you still get all dressed up to work out? If yes then good for you, if no then stop trying to impress other people.
  • Reeny1_8
    Reeny1_8 Posts: 277
    Options
    I don't care one way or the other what a woman (or man) looks like at the gym. I'm there to work out. If I go to the gym in the morning before work, I seriously do roll out of bed, throw on my work-out cloths, pull my crazy-bed-hair into a pony tail, and go. If I'm there after work, well I might look a little more polished.

Regardless, by the time I'm done with my work out, I look horrid- red faced, sweaty, hair in my face (cause it pulled out of the pony tail). And you know what? I don't care. I feel AWESOME and that's all that matters.

This ^^^^
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I dont really pay any attention to what other people are wearing at the gym,but I can only hope that something im doing or wearing is ruining someones day and forcing them to type out their frustraions on some message board somewhere:laugh:

I think about this all the time.

I think "omg I hope I'm not the annoying gym member who everyone writes about on MFP" lmao

:embarassed:
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I personally dont go to the gym to be "seen". I go to grunt and sweat. I dont dress up but i dont look messy either. I see lots of girls there that have their outfits on,

im with the last poster. if you are dressing up to go to the gym and you dont do it at home you are doing it for attention.
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    So I guess everyone puts as much effort into getting ready when they are just gonna sit around the house, or when they are gonna go out to dinner... Doesn't matter... right? Of course it does! Most everyone looks different or puts in more effort, myself included.:)
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I could care less what people wear as far as clothing. If you are confident and comfortable enough to wear the tight/short workout wear - more power to you!

What I find silly are the women who get completely made up with makeup. If you are just going to sweat it off, what's the point? And if you don't sweat it off, are you really working hard?
  • KaDazzle
    KaDazzle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I personally could care less if anyone doesn't like what I am wearing to the gym. Why put on makeup and try to look cute.. I'm not trying to impress anyone, nor the equipment. However, I did go to the gym tonight with makeup on, but that was only because I already had it on from the day. I still threw my hair in a pony and whatever tshirt and my workout pants. I think if you have an issue about what other people are wearing at the gym, you should stop looking and concentrate on your own workout.
  • AmyOwl73
    AmyOwl73 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I make sure the clothes I'm wearing are clean, my socks match, and tie my hair up. I don't care if the person next to me is dressed to the nines. We're both sweating like pigs anyway :)
    I prefer a sports bra under a tank, and comfortably-loose yoga pants. My only real investment was shoes. Good shoes are critical!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I don't give a crap how I look at the gym. What I do care about Is how the gym makes my body look.

But then again... Who do you have to impress? I personally think its funny when women get all dolled up to do exercise... Kinda like puttin on make up and "cute" clothes to go to wal-mart.
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I always feel sexy in a pair of Luons...aka Lululemon. <3