Sloppy Women at the Gym

Options

Replies

• cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    This post makes me laugh because I totally agree. Who cares what the person's wearing - they showed up and that's what matters!
    (Unless of course they are showing parts that shouldn't be shared publicly!)

I have super baggy pants and t-shirts on when I go to the gym. Why - because I lost 20 lbs and need new clothes!!
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I would say I am in between... I wear decent clothing, I don't buy brand name clothing or anything. I work in a barn so when I finish work and head out to the gym I have my hair tied up in a bun because I have just had a shower at work (would stink rank if not) and no makeup... It's not that I wouldnt, I just don't think I need to.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I too wear make up and make sure I look decent when working out. However, there's a difference between going there to work out, and going there to show off. Not everyone can look amazing at 200+ lbs with flustered cheeks, running (struggling most of the time) on a tredmill. Not everyone likes others staring at them. It's hard to go in the first place sometimes because of the stares you may get. Most "sloppy" women had a rough day and just want to work out and go home and aren't putting on a show. Most of those sloppy women you're talking about will look like a million bucks in a year and will most likely feel the same way you do now. The question is, what's your beef?

**ETA** I was minding my own business the other day and some high pony tail (I wear mine too sometimes) flinging chick walks past in tight, black booty shorts that literally showed off the 2 inch bottom of her booty cheeks. There are some of you make up wearing, high pony tail swinging, chicks that go for obvious reasons than to work out. Finding a man! We all know it lol. I have a buddy who posts on facebook all day long about how she has to switch gyms because too many guys hit on her. I love her with all my heart, but by the pics she posts, her outfits, make up, etc all scream hit on me!
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I work out at home (can't afford to work at the gym). I love putting on my cute clothes to workout in, I then like to sweat & see the tops change color with my sweat. I am a freak!!!! I also will wear sloppy clothes because they are going to get sweaty & stinky but it just depends whats clean & quick to put on. I procrastinate so long sometimes after I get dressed that I never get the workout in. I will definately like it when my workout clothes look better on me but that is a long time coming if I don't get my bottom in gear & work out more. LOL.:flowerforyou:
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I read this the other day and laughed this morning when I thought about it. I worked out at home today with my Wii wearing a tank top and panties.

LOL this is awesome ^^

When I do insanity at home I pretty much strip all clothes off by the end xD bra and panties ftw!
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    i love the cute workout clothes but right now at my weight none of those fit me unless i want to pay like 50 bucks for a top so i wear some capris and a tank usually hair up no makeup unless i had it on already :) when i lose weight i will be getting some nice cute ones lol
  • ProjectLGD
    Options
    To the woman in my Zumba class who touches up her lip gloss (spread, pucker, spread some more, pucker again) in the mirror before class starts, I think WTF??!!

To the 50+ y.o. woman who wears her daughter's cheerleader gear, I think WTF??!! Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Anything but the extremes and I say C'est la vie.
  • nicoleh82
    nicoleh82 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am still fat...I would neither kick a dog nor subject anyone to my body in spandex...plus I have never been a person that shows off the wares..... I am comfortable in my grungy clothes,plus there will come a time when I will have to purchase new workout clothes or be faced with my pants falling off. no sense in spending money I don't have on lookin' purty

Snap.
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm a native, lifelong Texan. I wear makeup only on special occasions (read: weddings and funerals), and the only time a straightening or curling iron ever touches my hair is the day it gets cut and the stylist does it, which happens every three months at most. I don't even own a blow dryer. I've never felt these things were worth my time, though I have no opinion on anyone else's beauty routine. My point is this: It's great that you enjoy these things, but it has zero to do with your home state.

On the thread topic: who cares what anyone is wearing at the gym? Don't hog the machines, clean up after yourself, and forget about everyone else. Do your thing, whatever that happens to be.

As another native Texan, I wholeheartedly agree with you! I only wear minimal makeup...NEVER when I go to the gym...and generally just throw a ball cap on my head, unless I'm going to work or a night out with my husband. Texas is full of beautiful women, but not all of us pile on the makeup and wear side ponies!:huh:
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    My ponytail is way cuter than your ponytail.

lol
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I love being a man and not having to deal with this bull****. Gym shorts + t-shirt, and I'm good. Notice I said man; not curlbro that turns a t-shirt into a window for their obliques.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I couldn't care less what you wear to the gym - as long as it fits you properly (no one wants a peep show when you bend over, thanks). I wear what I'm comfortable in - which is pair of men's cotton shorts (they are longer and more comfortable when I run) and a t-shirt or tank top. I see absolutely no need to get all dolled up to get sweaty.

To each their own. Do what you please, but please.. spare everyone the dousing of perfume.
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, look however you want...it's your business....just please, please, PLEASE leave your fragrant perfume, hairspray, shampoo, hair product, etc AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm with all those ppl who prefer to workout at home and a large part of this is those ppl that treat the gym like a fashion parade and b'^*h -fest... I really dont want to see or talk to anyone when I'm bright red with sweat pouring off me... All I want to do is focus on finishing the workout with the best form and effort possible!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    All I can say is, look however you want...it's your business....just please, please, PLEASE leave your fragrant perfume, hairspray, shampoo, hair product, etc AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahaha, I do bring my perfume, shampoo, conditioner, soap, facial wash, face powder, lip gloss & sometimes blush-on poweder at the gym but I wear it AFTER my workout (of course right after I take a shower). I'm also not a fan of the "fresh from the bed" look but at the same time I hate wearing too many make-up especially the mascara

I love wearing sports bra + yoga pants to the gym, kinda common for the West but its kinda rare when you are in Philippines so its why I get constant stares from both men & women. Anyway who cares, we all go to the gym for ONE reason... to WORKOUT.
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    What's the point of makeup if I'm just going to sweat it all off. Wear makeup if you don't intend to work hard enough to sweat and if you're there to pick up.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    What's the point of makeup if I'm just going to sweat it all off. Wear makeup if you don't intend to work hard enough to sweat and if you're there to pick up.
    First: I (and before any of you think I'm getting offended, I'm using I because I can't speak for everyone) use water proof make-up

Second: It's colder than a snow storm on the north pole in my gym, so sweating would take a lot of work (unless I'm in Zumba and they forget to check the number of women in the room)

Third: Wearing makeup doesn't mean you want to just get hit on all day. Anything could happen at anytime. There could be a camera crew there with Brad Pitt for some odd reason. Plus MANY women do it for themselves, NOT to make anyone else happy.
  • Jules_1111
    Options
    When I exercise I wear whatever t-shirt/shorts/pants are on top of the clean pile and I don't care if I end up some orange and purple monstrosity, they get used, washed and put on the bottom so they wear out evenly. I'm not about to drop cash on clothes that take that much abuse. I will spend money on a good sports bra and decent shoes, and that's about it.

If you've got the money to drop on matching, wicking under armour in colors that suit your mood, great. More power to you, that cash goes in my gas tank or to the local grocery store. Tshirts are there to catch sweat and you can get them for free by running a 5K or doing a charity carwash. My pants are some great hemp fisherman pants I got in thailand and my shorts are whatever's on the clearance rack that has a key pocket in the waistband.

I do, however attempt to keep my hair tied back neatly and find a matched pair of socks. A girl's gotta have some standards.

Well Said!! :)
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    I personally like to look like a soup sandwich when I work out.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I don't care what you or anyone else wears.

I do care when people who are doing NOTHING get in my way and use machines as places to rest against while chatting.

And guess what? It may be a stereotype, but typically they are the girls who are made up and wearing super cute stuff. You probably aren't one of those girls, but they exist.