tatoos>>>>?

Options

Replies

• Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have a question though...
    What is a 'tramp stamp'?
    I keep reading that here, and don't know what it is!
    Thanks to anyone who can tell me what this is....I'm guessing, though, based on what I've read, that it's a tattoo on the lower back...is this right?

Allegedly if you have a lover back tattoo you are an easy lay!! That is what I have been told, still freedom of choice... xx

Hope that explains it for you x
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Each to their own I suppose. I guess I'm biased as I was brought up when the only people who had tats were either criminals, or seamen.

If I saw a pretty girl at the bar, and she smoked, it was for me a huge turn off, these days if she has a tattoo, I just think she is stupid, you can express your individuality every day by wearing different clothes. I just think reduced IQ, not responsible.

I think Ozzie Osbourne got it right when he said if you want to be different, then don't get one, as every F**kers got one now!

They may be in fashion today, but fads change and you are stuck with it. I'd not like to be stuck with flairs from the 60's or Oxford bags from the 70's. So no, not for me. But if you get pleasure out of them, and you enjoy wearing them, that is your choice. But people do judge you (rightly or wrongly) on appearance, fat, thin, small, tall, skin colour, the lot, and make a quick judgment.

Just my option from a fat pompous bloke (No tats though) LOL.

Oh dear. I must be dreaming the fact that I am studying a Psychology degree to become a forensic Psychologist earning no less than £69,000 a year.... Silly me. After all, I must be incredibly stupid seeing as I have tattoos =/

Me too...I have a HIGH IQ and three degrees...including a master's...Had no idea my tattoo made me stupid! Good to know!

Oh good grief... why don't you people READ posts before commenting on them? The gentleman clearly said that's just what springs to his mind... even admitting it might be wrong. His point is 100% valid. Fact: humans make snap judgments based on appearances. Chill out. If you love your tattoos so much, just own it. Don't be such whiney b**@#s about it.
    You are awesome.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    High five!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I love my tattoos, will get some more when I feel I have achieved a firm stomach... That is my mission xxx

I started with a tramp stamp, but I must be real *kitten* score now,:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (single and celibate for years thank you very much) as it has spread up my back... The bottom was covered then it just spread....

They are addictive, I only spend about one or two hours a time getting them done, love it, I fall asleep............... After the first 5 mins that is............

Mine are for me and me alone!! xxx

Trying to post it.... Will try again later... Sigh................ xx

if they are for you then why are you trying to post it???

It is good to share!!! :happy: Also freedom of choice.......... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a question though...
    What is a 'tramp stamp'?
    I keep reading that here, and don't know what it is!
    Thanks to anyone who can tell me what this is....I'm guessing, though, based on what I've read, that it's a tattoo on the lower back...is this right?

Allegedly if you have a lover back tattoo you are an easy lay!! That is what I have been told, still freedom of choice... xx

Hope that explains it for you x

Thank you, I appreciate you taking the time to explain.
    That's so silly!
  • christinet8504
    Options
    I have two - both on my back so I only show them off when I want to. I think tats are sexy as long as they aren't over board or pointless. Gotta have a good story behind it!
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.

I completely disagree with this.

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

This comment is just idiotic.

THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry, but whether you're going to admit it or not, tattoos are a huge trend. How many TV shows are there about it now? It's just a fact.

Tattoo programmes which have only come about the past couple of years VS tattoos for Centuries... Use your common knowledge/sense please.
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.

Couldn't disagree more. Trendy is sport tattoo's or tramp stamps (lower back tattoos) or barb wire arm bands. not all tattoos are trendy and the folks that put in hours under the needle need to be respected because that is balls to the wall!!!!
    You are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't change the fact that tattoos are a current trend.

just becuase you think they are a current trend does not mean they don't mean anything anymore. and current...i got mine about 10 years ago and there were far from trendy...
  • tattooedtealady
    Options

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

30 years ago the number people who got tattoos was small. Now it is large. It is very trendy. That's why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Now, it may be that if you were around 30 years ago, you might have been one of the minority who still would have gotten tattoos, but that doesn't change the fact that it's trendy and so "me too" at the moment.

You are showing again how very little you know. Yes, tattooing and body modification is more in the public eye. That does not however mean it is more trendy nor that people are jumping on the band wagon.

You are claiming that 30 years ago tattoos were not common - Being unaware of something, does not make it common.

I would assume from your photo you are an adult - you should appreciate, in that case, that uneducated comments make people look extremely silly.
  • letobot
    letobot Posts: 205
    Options
    I'm getting Leviticus 19:28 put on my arm next week ;-).

LOVE IT! for my college drawing class, i did a project addressing this....and boy did i stir a pot.
  • Chipmaniac
    Options

THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry, but whether you're going to admit it or not, tattoos are a huge trend. How many TV shows are there about it now? It's just a fact.

Tattoo programmes which have only come about the past couple of years VS tattoos for Centuries... Use your common knowledge/sense please.
    You made her point. For centuries it languished and now it is trendy.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

30 years ago the number people who got tattoos was small. Now it is large. It is very trendy. That's why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Now, it may be that if you were around 30 years ago, you might have been one of the minority who still would have gotten tattoos, but that doesn't change the fact that it's trendy and so "me too" at the moment.

I think you mean "socially acceptable" not "trendy."
  • Chipmaniac
    Options

Couldn't disagree more. Trendy is sport tattoo's or tramp stamps (lower back tattoos) or barb wire arm bands. not all tattoos are trendy and the folks that put in hours under the needle need to be respected because that is balls to the wall!!!!
    You are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't change the fact that tattoos are a current trend.

just becuase you think they are a current trend does not mean they don't mean anything anymore. and current...i got mine about 10 years ago and there were far from trendy...
    That's good because I never said that.

Fact: Tattoos are trendy
    Fact: I find them a turn-off with rare exceptions
    Fact: I will never willingly tattoo my body

Any extrapolations of my opinion beyond the above three points is a complete fabrication and comes completely from your imagination.
  • KrisyKat
    KrisyKat Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Tattoo
    > three "tees", two "ohs"

(Today's spelling lesson brought to you by the letter "T" and the number "9" :laugh: )
  • tattooedtealady
    Options
    Each to their own I suppose. I guess I'm biased as I was brought up when the only people who had tats were either criminals, or seamen.

If I saw a pretty girl at the bar, and she smoked, it was for me a huge turn off, these days if she has a tattoo, I just think she is stupid, you can express your individuality every day by wearing different clothes. I just think reduced IQ, not responsible.

I think Ozzie Osbourne got it right when he said if you want to be different, then don't get one, as every F**kers got one now!

They may be in fashion today, but fads change and you are stuck with it. I'd not like to be stuck with flairs from the 60's or Oxford bags from the 70's. So no, not for me. But if you get pleasure out of them, and you enjoy wearing them, that is your choice. But people do judge you (rightly or wrongly) on appearance, fat, thin, small, tall, skin colour, the lot, and make a quick judgment.

Oh dear. I must be dreaming the fact that I am studying a Psychology degree to become a forensic Psychologist earning no less than £69,000 a year.... Silly me. After all, I must be incredibly stupid seeing as I have tattoos =/

Me too...I have a HIGH IQ and three degrees...including a master's...Had no idea my tattoo made me stupid! Good to know!

Oh good grief... why don't you people READ posts before commenting on them? The gentleman clearly said that's just what springs to his mind... even admitting it might be wrong. His point is 100% valid. Fact: humans make snap judgments based on appearances. Chill out. If you love your tattoos so much, just own it. Don't be such whiney b**@#s about it.

And in return don't be a hypocrite. I responded to the part of his comment that was relevant. You were presumptuous and claim I responded to the entire comment without reading. No. I commented back at the part I felt I had a right to counter.

Also - Please, if you want to be a keyboard warrior and call me names remember this - It is immature. Not only is it immature, but you are sat on a PC/laptop/phone making said comments. How very big of you.

Making valid points, does not make me a whiny *****.

Calling someone a whiny ***** that makes a point you disagree with but are too narrow minded to accept, makes you appear immature and pathetic. I think I'd rather be me in this situation :) at least I don't resort to name calling on the internet....... (and before you attempt to point it out, calling you immature and pathetic is in reference to the way you have portrayed your personality, which is poorly. Calling me a ***** is clearly not.)
  • coke281
    coke281 Posts: 21
    Options
    Yes for me! its a way of showing your own identity......such a turn on...i have 3 and plan to get more. in 3 weeks for my birthday im getting a half sleeve of polynesian art :)

some people get some ghettooooooo tattos so that can be where i understand people say no to them,
    a tattoo should be something for life, something that means something to you...

my vote is YES..lol
  • tattooedtealady
    Options

THANK YOU!!!!

You made his point. For centuries it languished and now it is trendy.

There is a difference between what is popular within the media industry and makes money, to what has been around, and been popular, for centuries.

Jesus, do you have any common sense?!

They are fairly easy to distinguish between.
  • zeikiya989
    Options
    I think its art and if you want to have them go for it. I myself have two and can't wait til finances change to get many more.
  • Chipmaniac
    Options

You are showing again how very little you know. Yes, tattooing and body modification is more in the public eye. That does not however mean it is more trendy nor that people are jumping on the band wagon.

You are claiming that 30 years ago tattoos were not common - Being unaware of something, does not make it common.

I would assume from your photo you are an adult - you should appreciate, in that case, that uneducated comments make people look extremely silly.
    It was uncommon 30 years ago. If I took this discussion more seriously, I'd research the statistics. I'm sure they exist.

Nothing I said has been disproven. It is a current trend that has spread out across many societal segments where it used to be rare. This is a fact. You should be happy that there are more people with tattoos. It gives you more people to relate to. If you don't like the fact that it is trendy, I'd suggest you take it out on the posers who have made it so.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have a few and love them!!! its not for everyone i guess!!
  • finz96
    finz96 Posts: 102
    Options

Smooches!! LOL! I'm an educated business professional, not a whiney b**@#s. ;)