tatoos>>>>?

Options

Replies

• lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It all depends if you like them or not. My husband and I both have a few tattoos. I feel like we are finally getting to a point where they are becoming more socially acceptable. I remember when I used to have to hide my tattoos to go to work and now it seems like people can show them more freely. It's your body, you should be able to ink it up if you want. My kids ask about them, and my husband and I agreed we won't be hypocrites when our kids are adults and want to get them as long as they are tasteful and placed in appropriate place. I am a big fan of tattoos but the next person may not be, and that's fine with me, I don't judge either way. :wink:
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I am 60 years old and just got my 4th tattoo a couple of weeks ago. My first one was on the back of my neck about 3 years ago. All of mine have meaning. The reason I have tattooes - because I can!! After being ill over 14 years and a subsequent kidney transplant, it was time to live life to the fullest. I even asked my nephrologist first if I could, and, since he's known me all of those years, he just shook his head and said, 'go ahead'. My husband has two and will be getting another in a couple of weeks.

It is a personal preference whether you have tattooes or not. It is also a personal preference whether or not you like tattooes on other people. The only thing I have to say is - don't knock them!
  • lesley12345
    lesley12345 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am 60 years old and just got my 4th tattoo a couple of weeks ago. My first one was on the back of my neck about 3 years ago. All of mine have meaning. The reason I have tattooes - because I can!! After being ill over 14 years and a subsequent kidney transplant, it was time to live life to the fullest. I even asked my nephrologist first if I could, and, since he's known me all of those years, he just shook his head and said, 'go ahead'. My husband has two and will be getting another in a couple of weeks.

It is a personal preference whether you have tattooes or not. It is also a personal preference whether or not you like tattooes on other people. The only thing I have to say is - don't knock them!

Love this ^^^^^ You are awesome!
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    BIG YES FOR ME!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I love mine. every one of them. I have a rule that they have to coverable in regular clothes because my grandma doesnt like them, but I have 3 and am getting a new one in 30 lbs.
  • LemonsAndCoffee
    LemonsAndCoffee Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Love them! I think tatt'd up guys are soooo hot. I have a few myself and I'm definitely not done!!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    wHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM? yeah or no??
    FOR ME, IT IS A firm no,,, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY,, it is just a no!

I always felt the same way - thinking about something permanent being on my body, and the age thing what will happen as I get older.

However, when I was 39 I got my first tattoo - I saw a Triskel symbol and had to have it on me - my lucky number is 3, so I got the tat when I was 39 - it is a Triskel and I got the tat on 0201 = 3.
    I want to get 2 more - one when I reach goal and maybe the second one when I complete my first half marathon.
  • KarenT45
    KarenT45 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    To each his own is my motto - and yes, it's tattood on me :) I'm also a tattoo artist. I think it's individualistic. Some feel it's a form of expression, some feel it's pure decoration. Some people are offended. To each his own.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    wHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM? yeah or no??
    FOR ME, IT IS A firm no,,, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY,, it is just a no!

What is the purpose of this entire post/forum... also, the amount of grammatical errors in this makes me wince.
  • MrEmoticon
    MrEmoticon Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Girls with tats = mega hot.
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Always nasty and they just get worse over time. (...let's check back when you're 70, 80, 90 yrs old. How's that "tat" workin' for ya'?).
    IMO --> Only needed by people who have failed to recognize their own inherent uniqueness.

Always nasty? Wow. You must have seen some shocking tattoos? Because if you actually looked into the tattoo industry and some of the artists out there, you would retract that comment with up-most apologies.

Get worse over time? Our bodies, whether we like it or not, degenerate over time. It's natural. If a tattoo is done well, there is no reason why it would 'get worse over time'. Tattooing, the process, the equipment, quality and conditions, every thing has progressed in leaps and bounds over the years. So long as you chose the right artist in the first place, this comment doesn't apply. Neither does the first.

When I am older, I will be the most cool, colourful grandmother in the family!

And I'm sorry but surely you're last comment was a pure lack of common sense? I just cannot fathom how anyone would justify expressing yourself, with unique, custom artwork, is a not a way of realising your uniqueness.

Alas - There will always be people against body modification. But at the end of the day, this is my body, and I have, can and will do with it as I please. If you are small minded, that is not my issue or my worry.

:)
  • YassSpartan
    YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I love love love loveeee tattoos. Nothing sexier and hotter than tattoos.
  • guhoya7
    guhoya7 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a tattoo, and can't wait for my next one :smile:
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Always nasty and they just get worse over time. (...let's check back when you're 70, 80, 90 yrs old. How's that "tat" workin' for ya'?).
    IMO --> Only needed by people who have failed to recognize their own inherent uniqueness.

Always nasty? Wow. You must have seen some shocking tattoos? Because if you actually looked into the tattoo industry and some of the artists out there, you would retract that comment with up-most apologies.

Get worse over time? Our bodies, whether we like it or not, degenerate over time. It's natural. If a tattoo is done well, there is no reason why it would 'get worse over time'. Tattooing, the process, the equipment, quality and conditions, every thing has progressed in leaps and bounds over the years. So long as you chose the right artist in the first place, this comment doesn't apply. Neither does the first.

When I am older, I will be the most cool, colourful grandmother in the family!

And I'm sorry but surely you're last comment was a pure lack of common sense? I just cannot fathom how anyone would justify expressing yourself, with unique, custom artwork, is a not a way of realising your uniqueness.

Alas - There will always be people against body modification. But at the end of the day, this is my body, and I have, can and will do with it as I please. If you are small minded, that is not my issue or my worry.

:)

AMEN! <3
  • spseattle25
    Options
    I have a couple, and they are meaningful and thought out. It is up to each individual to decide what they want, or if they want one -- and where. Just think about if you'll love it in 10, 20 even 30 years. My answer was "yes, because it is a daily reminder of who I am and strive to be" therefore I will never regret it. Now, a tattoo of like Minnie Mouse could pose a problem in about 30 years when people ask "why" :):)

Think it through!! I wanted one since I was 15, waited until I was 23. If you have ANY doubt, any little tiny bit of fear about it, or about regretting it -- you aren't ready :)
  • HeatherMN
    HeatherMN Posts: 3,821 Member
    Options
    Although I have no tattoos (and most likely never will) and am not attracted to people solely because of a tattoo (though most of the guys I've dated had them), I LOVE hearing the stories behind people's tattoos. My hope is that anyone choosing to get a tattoo does so because the tattoo they pick out has special meaning for them AND that they're getting their tattoos done in a manner that is safe (read: disease free). That's all that matters. Same goes for piercings. I may not like what someone else does to their body, but it's their body and I'll do what I please with mine.

Here's my rant: People need to stop being offended by the choices other people make when it doesn't hurt or impact them personally! Seriously, how does someone else's tattoo affect you? If you don't like it, look away!

Rant over.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    :D
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    I say yes if you want them .I have two small ones (less than an inch). I have to admit before I got the first one, I took a long time to work out if I was the type of person to get on. At that time the only people I saw with tattoos were old sailor, biker and gang member. But when I found out that George Schultz, Secretary of State under Ronald Reagan, has a tattoo of the Princeton Tiger on his tush, I figured it was ok for me to have one.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Yes! Why not?
  • WhiteTonight
    WhiteTonight Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think it's a very personal choice, and having tattoos (or not) doesn't make a person more or less attractive. I personally love them - I have 10 different pieces, with more in the works. It is a matter of expression.

I am the girl who has a half-sleeve of birds flying round her arm, a work of symbology on her other arm, a large black ambigram on her wrist, one on each leg, all down the right side (armpit to thigh), tramp stamp/*kitten* antlers, one on the hip, one on the chest and so on and so forth. That said, it doesn't define me. Rather, I define my tattoos. :)