tatoos>>>>?

Options

Replies

• k1ngfl1pper
    k1ngfl1pper Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It may not be for everyone, but it's for me!
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    Have a sleeve and several others.

They make me happy. And when I'm wrinkled and old, I'll be a way more bad *kitten* old lady than all y'all without ink. ;) And I'm ok with that.

Me too!!!!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I think they're hot on a hot guy. Even sometimes if there are tons of them... but that's not something I'd want to wake up to every day. A few here & there is cool.. but I like to see mostly skin. [ha!]
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Each to their own I suppose. I guess I'm biased as I was brought up when the only people who had tats were either criminals, or seamen.

If I saw a pretty girl at the bar, and she smoked, it was for me a huge turn off, these days if she has a tattoo, I just think she is stupid, you can express your individuality every day by wearing different clothes. I just think reduced IQ, not responsible.

I think Ozzie Osbourne got it right when he said if you want to be different, then don't get one, as every F**kers got one now!

They may be in fashion today, but fads change and you are stuck with it. I'd not like to be stuck with flairs from the 60's or Oxford bags from the 70's. So no, not for me. But if you get pleasure out of them, and you enjoy wearing them, that is your choice. But people do judge you (rightly or wrongly) on appearance, fat, thin, small, tall, skin colour, the lot, and make a quick judgment.

Just my option from a fat pompous bloke (No tats though) LOL.

Oh dear. I must be dreaming the fact that I am studying a Psychology degree to become a forensic Psychologist earning no less than £69,000 a year.... Silly me. After all, I must be incredibly stupid seeing as I have tattoos =/
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I am a fairly straight laced; stick up his @ss type of person. No ink; no branding; no body penetrations. Do not smoke; do drugs and rarely smoke. If you have body ink or penetrations, more power to ya. I have many friends who have choosen to modify their bodies in many ways, I look beyond the what the exterior looks like and get to know the person, OP you should try it some time.
  • YummyTpn
    YummyTpn Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have a question though...
    What is a 'tramp stamp'?
    I keep reading that here, and don't know what it is!
    Thanks to anyone who can tell me what this is....I'm guessing, though, based on what I've read, that it's a tattoo on the lower back...is this right?

A 'tramp stamp' is a tattoo most commonly got by girls, at the bottom of their back/spine. Usually a tribal design. xo

Thanks for answering, sweetie!
  • Eryn01
    Eryn01 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have a chest and back piece, and now moving on to my arms. I am going to be one colorful old lady.
  • tattooedtealady
    tattooedtealady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I actually feel very embarrassed for the people making these negative comments because it could not be more obvious how very little (in fact, nothing) they know about body modification.

The term 'face palm' springs to mind.
  • 10acity
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.

I completely disagree with this.

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

This comment is just idiotic.

THANK YOU!!!!

Sorry, but whether you're going to admit it or not, tattoos are a huge trend. How many TV shows are there about it now? It's just a fact.
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    Each to their own I suppose. I guess I'm biased as I was brought up when the only people who had tats were either criminals, or seamen.

If I saw a pretty girl at the bar, and she smoked, it was for me a huge turn off, these days if she has a tattoo, I just think she is stupid, you can express your individuality every day by wearing different clothes. I just think reduced IQ, not responsible.

I think Ozzie Osbourne got it right when he said if you want to be different, then don't get one, as every F**kers got one now!

They may be in fashion today, but fads change and you are stuck with it. I'd not like to be stuck with flairs from the 60's or Oxford bags from the 70's. So no, not for me. But if you get pleasure out of them, and you enjoy wearing them, that is your choice. But people do judge you (rightly or wrongly) on appearance, fat, thin, small, tall, skin colour, the lot, and make a quick judgment.

Oh dear. I must be dreaming the fact that I am studying a Psychology degree to become a forensic Psychologist earning no less than £69,000 a year.... Silly me. After all, I must be incredibly stupid seeing as I have tattoos =/

Me too...I have a HIGH IQ and three degrees...including a master's...Had no idea my tattoo made me stupid! Good to know!
  • mummy2munch
    mummy2munch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Its a definite yes from me! I am a painted lady and love the ink!!! I am working on a full sleeve,. go back in a fortnight for more!!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have 2- the one on my chest for my time and branch of service
    the one on my shoulder i desgined and got when i graduated the police academy
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    And to that one who asked about what will I do when I get older, here's my answer :bigsmile:

tatold.jpg

have this on my FB and LOVE it...lol
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    No. I'm not into defacing my own body. I also find them a turn-off in women, with a few rare exceptions.

It's just so trendy. There was a time that having tattoos meant something; either you were a biker or had done time etc. Now it just means that you follow the crowd.

I completely disagree with this.

If you want to get to the roots of tattooing, I suggest you do a little bit of research.... Tattooing has been around for centuries, and it did not start with bikers or people in jail.

And I would adore to know how I follow a crowd.... I am, out of every one I know, the least person to follow a trend.

This comment is just idiotic.
    30 years ago the number people who got tattoos was small. Now it is large. It is very trendy. That's why everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Now, it may be that if you were around 30 years ago, you might have been one of the minority who still would have gotten tattoos, but that doesn't change the fact that it's trendy and so "me too" at the moment.
  • 10acity
    Options

Me too...I have a HIGH IQ and three degrees...including a master's...Had no idea my tattoo made me stupid! Good to know!

Oh good grief... why don't you people READ posts before commenting on them? The gentleman clearly said that's just what springs to his mind... even admitting it might be wrong. His point is 100% valid. Fact: humans make snap judgments based on appearances. Chill out. If you love your tattoos so much, just own it. Don't be such whiney b**@#s about it.
  • YummyTpn
    Options
    wHAT DO YOU THINK OF THEM? yeah or no??
    FOR ME, IT IS A firm no,,, I HAVE NO IDEA WHY,, it is just a no!

What is the purpose of this entire post/forum... also, the amount of grammatical errors in this makes me wince.

I agree, I wish MFP had a spellcheck! It's so painful to read!
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    High five!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I love my tattoos, will get some more when I feel I have achieved a firm stomach... That is my mission xxx

I started with a tramp stamp, but I must be real *kitten* score now,:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (single and celibate for years thank you very much) as it has spread up my back... The bottom was covered then it just spread....

They are addictive, I only spend about one or two hours a time getting them done, love it, I fall asleep............... After the first 5 mins that is............

Mine are for me and me alone!! xxx

Trying to post it.... Will try again later... Sigh................ xx
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options

Couldn't disagree more. Trendy is sport tattoo's or tramp stamps (lower back tattoos) or barb wire arm bands. not all tattoos are trendy and the folks that put in hours under the needle need to be respected because that is balls to the wall!!!!
    You are entitled to your opinion. It doesn't change the fact that tattoos are a current trend.
  • YummyTpn
    Options

Oh good grief... why don't you people READ posts before commenting on them? The gentleman clearly said that's just what springs to his mind... even admitting it might be wrong. His point is 100% valid. Fact: humans make snap judgments based on appearances. Chill out. If you love your tattoos so much, just own it. Don't be such whiney b**@#s about it.

So his opinion is valid, but we are whiny b&*^&s for expressing ours?
    Isn't that a double standard?
    Talk about 'snap judgments'...
    And BTW, I DID read the posts...What's your point?
  • mollyjackson82
    Options
    High five!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I love my tattoos, will get some more when I feel I have achieved a firm stomach... That is my mission xxx

I started with a tramp stamp, but I must be real *kitten* score now,:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: (single and celibate for years thank you very much) as it has spread up my back... The bottom was covered then it just spread....

They are addictive, I only spend about one or two hours a time getting them done, love it, I fall asleep............... After the first 5 mins that is............

Mine are for me and me alone!! xxx

Trying to post it.... Will try again later... Sigh................ xx

if they are for you then why are you trying to post it???