autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    bump

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I love my cardio....but I cant wait to get more into lifting heavy!!!!!!!!
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Conditioner is better, it leaves the hair silky and smooth!

LOL!! :laugh:
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Conditioner is better, it leaves the hair silky and smooth!
    Billy, quit talking jibberish!
  • fugaj01
    fugaj01 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Love the OP post. Great info to share!
  • Fit_and_Healthy
    Options
    It's important to DO BOTH. That is all.
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I keep reading this and it makes me feel a little disappointed in my journey. I have an upper back injury, and am going through physical therapy but can not do any kind of heavy lifting for my upper body. That being said, I have lost weight, and inches, but am definitely not as toned as I would like to be in my arms and back, and at this point I can't really do the heavy lifting that everyone is suggesting. Does anyone have any other suggestions?%3
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Yea I started off with a limited calorie intake with cardio, I lost 32 pounds in like a month and a half then I platoid and learned that my body got used to eating less, I was like crap! I don't want to eat less I love food lol, so now I upped my cals and eat back excersice cals, and im doing the max of lifting I can, I am really pushing myself and I am really starting to feel great!! any who thanks for posting =)
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    So what if you do both intense cardio and strength training? Is that counter productive?
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    I keep reading this and it makes me feel a little disappointed in my journey. I have an upper back injury, and am going through physical therapy but can not do any kind of heavy lifting for my upper body. That being said, I have lost weight, and inches, but am definitely not as toned as I would like to be in my arms and back, and at this point I can't really do the heavy lifting that everyone is suggesting. Does anyone have any other suggestions?%3

Hey I have four hernated disk from my neck to my lumbar I know how you feel, I would say after talking with your doctor find out wich kind of work out meshines you can do that wont compress the spine, gain muscles will help you, it has helped me soo much, you should get a gym membership if you havn't already cause they have weight meshines that wont compress the spine =)
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    great read! thanks for posting!
  • missbex24
    missbex24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I can testify to the fact that cardio will eventually lead to a plateau!! It's happened t me!

Add strengthining...Your body needs it and it will help your weight loss (and your inches lost!).
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Bump...Love it!
  • buffybabe
    buffybabe Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thanks Timothy. I do have a gym membership where I have been doing mainly cardio and lower body. My injury is mainly in my upper back, shoulder blade region, but I will definitely talk to my doctor at my next appointment and see if he can suggest some strengthening exercises. I currently do back strengthaning exercises in my therapy routine, but nothing with any kind of weights...My wedding is in September, so my arms will definitely be on display, so I am really hoping to figure something out soon%2
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I have been struggling with the right balance of cardio and weights, and while I know that doing more weights is better for me, I get obsessed with the high caloric burns I achieve during cardio workouts. Over the last two weeks I have started being much more firm with myself over weights. I actually enjoy weightlifting, but again, get caught up in the "more calories burned is better" mindset.
  • BlaireV
    BlaireV Posts: 137
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Katie5961
    Katie5961 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I personally think they're both essential. I run 3x a week and strength train another 3x, then have a day of rest. Actually I credit the Insanity program which was a blend of cardio and resistance for having lost most of my 40 pounds! Yes muscle burns fat, you need muscle to burn fat, but you also need have cardio conditioning to keep a healthy heart.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    Options
    Thanks Timothy. I do have a gym membership where I have been doing mainly cardio and lower body. My injury is mainly in my upper back, shoulder blade region, but I will definitely talk to my doctor at my next appointment and see if he can suggest some strengthening exercises. I currently do back strengthaning exercises in my therapy routine, but nothing with any kind of weights...My wedding is in September, so my arms will definitely be on display, so I am really hoping to figure something out soon%2

ohh the shoulders =( sorry yea that sucks! all the work outs I was thinking of would need the shoulder, well walking is great also and cardio will still get you muscles as long as you eat enough I think
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    It's important to DO BOTH. That is all.

NOT FOR FAT LOSS.