Real Women Have Curves

Options

Replies

• SnakeDarling
    SnakeDarling Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't think they meant it as derogatory to anyone in particular.
    I think it was more of a shot at fashion ads and the fashion industry.
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Everything in our society tells us that women are supposed to be thin, and that's the only way for the world to find us beautiful. So, if we curvier broads can have a little catch phrase that can make us feel better about not being viewed as having the perfect bodies, then so be it! In my humble opinion, it's certainly not intended to make naturally slim, un-curvey women feel less than.

^^
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    We are all gorgeous no matter what curves we have or don't have.

I used to like the saying honestly, because I'm a curvy girl but then realized I don't have big boobs so maybe it doesn't apply to me. Still, I'm hot and beautiful and my body is all mine and I don't care what anybody says!!!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Real women come in many shapes and sizes, I think this came up in the fat acceptance movement (ok, don't jump on me, I am fat.) I don't think it has any place in real conversation. It is a meaningless phrase to me.
  • JennaM222
    JennaM222 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I want curves as in Muscle definition, a nice round tight booty that pops and twitches when I walk, and to keep my nice perky boobies!!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Real women have vaginas and 2 X chromosoms (I mean if we're just going solely on physical traits).
  • ampa916
    ampa916 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't like that statement. I understand how people are trying to point out that women come in different sizes and are not all the size 0 that the media likes to portray but I think this is the same alienation as saying "thin is in" or whatever other mantra's are out there. I think that "real women" are healthy (and just to be clear, I say "healthy" as in not trying to be someone else idea of what they should look like.) I think that we should all strive to be happy with who we are and what we look like.
  • PassionateMale1
    Options
    I adore a curvy woman! Fuller shoulders, fuller hips, fuller busom! OMG! Dizzy just thinking about it!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    "Real women have curves” was a marketing slogan thought up to sell people overpriced, ill-fitting pants. It does NOT promote body positivity – it only perpetuates body policing by turning the tables on people who don’t fit into yet another arbitrary ideal. The job is to BUST THE ****ING PARADIGM APART, not shift it a little bit toward the fat side."
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Curves =\= rolls.
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Fake women have curves too.

Crazy*****SexyMannequinpreview.jpg
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.

Love this
  • Heaven71
    Heaven71 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Real women have determination, strength, kindness, willpower, and grace. Whether they have a small waist or big booty/boobs has nothing to do with their womanness.

Love this

DITTO!!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    a woman is a woman. can't be a fake one, well you can but that's a different topic, lol :tongue:

I would like to be less of a woman if curves are what make me real, haha
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Thank you for calling attention to this ignorance. As women we should all find that place within ourselves and be truly happy. I am trying to find my own, it's a work in progress. Because of women like you it creates a more loving, respectful, and accepting place in this world. Thank you for your thoughts

This! We allow "society" to place a lot of pressure on us as to what is "sexy" etc. Women of all shapes and sizes are beautiful!!!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Curves =\= rolls.

This. This so needs to be stressed. I've seen a lot of people say (not in this forum) that they're curvy when really, that's not the case.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Love this

more love.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Real women are women who are not figments of someone's imagination. Skinny, fat, natural, or surgically enhanced... we're all real women. As much as it pains me to admit it... even Heidi Montag is a real woman.

Overly photoshopped images, however, are not.
  • KelseyPalmtree
    Options
    They should just have saying for everyone saying... Real men and woman are happy and healthy!

^^^^ Thank you!

Growing up, I was always told I have "childbearing" hips. Agitating.
    I've never been able to get under a size 6 in my life, and I doubt I could, but no matter what shape someone is doesn't deter from their humanity. Women will have what they were given whether they like it or not. Same for men >_<

The thought that "real women have curves" is like salt on a papercut to me :grumble:

I've got those "childbearing" hips too! They can't be gotten rid of, so getting down to the lower sizes is pretty much impossible. I workout a ton, and eat way better than a lot of other girls I know. But unless they get fat, I'll never be smaller than them, because my hips are "birthing hips" and theirs are not. Not fair :( It better be a LOT easier for me to have kids than it is for them! lol
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I always saw it as a term that fat women use to justify being fat. I've never cared for it.