What is the deal with faceless body part profile pics?

Options
sapalee
sapalee Posts: 409 Member
I get that people are proud of their abs, arms, legs, etc. But if they are really that proud of it why not post a picture that includes thier face. Just seems a little odd to me, it's not like they are explicit photos that are going to get anyone in trouble. Anyone care to explain?

Replies

• TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    For me personally, I don't want my identity linked on here. It's also the reason I don't list where I live or what my real name is.

Buuuuut, when I get to goal, I might post my face pic. :happy:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Strange,I get a lot of requests to not post mine but I ignore them.:smile:

Hey,wait a minute! :angry:
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I sold my head for a bag of magic beans sorry...
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Worked hard for these abs, very proud of em, if you want to see what my face looks like, friend me and thumb thru my pics, :)
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I don't see where you get the idea that being proud of something means putting your face on it.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe it's a bit of an MFP thing...the size of the pics isn't all that great, so if you want to showcase your abs, letting your head be in the picture would probably not allow people to see the definition of the abs...
  • dieseljay74
    dieseljay74 Posts: 376
    Options
    Put my grill on here
  • JThomas61
    JThomas61 Posts: 892
    Options
    <
    some people prefer to highlight something they are proud of in an artistic way.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I actually have my face in mine, but in the forums it crops it so you can't see it. I've seen a lot of other ppl's profile pics like this to where if you actually go to their profile you can see their face/whole picture, but the thumbnail version in the forums chops it off.
  • jeaninemckinney
    Options
    All i know is if i was super proud of a certain part of my body from all my hard work i woul put a zoomed shot of it up for everyone to see bcuz id be super proud and not ashamed anymore! To each there own! :tongue:
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    my phone wont let me take pics of my face..... always blocks it out
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I sold my head for a bag of magic beans sorry...

LOL. Thanks for the laugh.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Some of us are ugly.
  • HotBodUnderConstruction
    Options
    I don't see where you get the idea that being proud of something means putting your face on it.

Me neither.

Seeing a picture of my stomach everyday...especially given the frequency in which I log into MFP forces me to see what I've accomplished thus far, and what I have yet to accomplish. It motivates ME...that's why it's there.
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

I googled...and I WAS surprised.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Because it wouldn't be fair to all the other girls here to post a pic of my body AND face ;) jk
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    its a personal choice and we are in an era where anyone can search you and find out things about you

which is why I dont post my pic..I work in an educational setting and would be weirded out if a student came up to me and said, "I saw you on MFP. Friend me!" :laugh:
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Well, maybe it's a bit of an MFP thing...the size of the pics isn't all that great, so if you want to showcase your abs, letting your head be in the picture would probably not allow people to see the definition of the abs...

^^^This^^^. Even though most of my pics are of my face I do understand all of the reasons others don't put their face on here.
  • amiehampton29
    Options
    Could it be because their body is more motivating to them as it changes than their face? Maybe... :wink: