What is the deal with faceless body part profile pics?

Options

Replies

• yeahfatty
    yeahfatty Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

oh my god. :/ .. & after i worked so hard to make sure my facebook wouldn't come up in google searches ... thanks mfp.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    <
    some people prefer to highlight something they are proud of in an artistic way.

this
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know if you're understanding it. The picture is a joke. It's me, but if you think I walk around shirtless, wearing red bandanas and aviators, you are mistaken. The picture was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. I understand how that is probably not very obvious, but I think it's worth clarifying. Sorry for giving the impression that I think I'm some totally bandana-worthy guy. Another example would be my username. I don't think of myself as some Dungeons-and-Dragons-esque level 12 paladin who metes out Justice; it is a joke, as is a lot of my profile. I guess I have a weird sense of humor.
  • melissainez85
    Options
    my face is there LOL but unless u click on my profile then the smaller image crops out my face BUT ITS THERE :) AND u will not see me without out clothes LOL BUT i agree some are proud of what they have achieved AND i guess thats why they show them unclothed? :huh:
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

I just did this to see. In addition to my Twitter account and my MFP account, it also brings up someone's World of Warcraft Level 31 Druid named "bhalter," AND someone on TruckerPassions.com that is looking for a "hot hairy man."
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I like my privacy, but finally posted a face pic because there ended up being a huge difference in the shape of my face before/after.

Only very few friends and family know that I use this site -- the shirtless body shots are fine within the context of this site, but my general impression is that acquaintances/co-workers etc. not following the fitness/health lifestyle may not get it.
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Some of us are ugly.

^This.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know if you're understanding it. The picture is a joke. It's me, but if you think I walk around shirtless, wearing red bandanas and aviators, you are mistaken. The picture was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. I understand how that is probably not very obvious, but I think it's worth clarifying. Sorry for giving the impression that I think I'm some totally bandana-worthy guy.

I'm Mirin'
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options

I did this. 21 pages of pic and not one of mine from my MFP pics. I did see many of all of you by searching my MPF name. now that was funny. :laugh:
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    <

this

Is that a hairy armpit you are showing off in an artistic way?
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    MS: Why do you keep a diary?
    DS: I keep secrets from my computer.
    photo06196.jpg
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't know if you're understanding it. The picture is a joke. It's me, but if you think I walk around shirtless, wearing red bandanas and aviators, you are mistaken. The picture was intended to be tongue-in-cheek. I understand how that is probably not very obvious, but I think it's worth clarifying. Sorry for giving the impression that I think I'm some totally bandana-worthy guy. Another example would be my username. I don't think of myself as some Dungeons-and-Dragons-esque level 12 paladin who metes out Justice; it is a joke, as is a lot of my profile. I guess I have a weird sense of humor.

I was just messing with you anyway. I have a weird sense of humor as well.

Personally, I don't care what people use as their profile picture, but completely understand why some don't want their face on here.
  • Xbwalker
    Xbwalker Posts: 65
    Options
    I just have a pic of the body part I work out the most....

So you are working out your face muscles?

Yep, how I am I doing?
  • logicandlove
    logicandlove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think part of it has to do with how small these pics are in the forums — if you include your face, suddenly your body is so tiny you can hardly see anything.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    My last progress pics, it was the one of my back I liked the most. It's hard to include your face in a shot like that. :tongue:

I could photoshop if for you Jill:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Xbwalker
    Options

Dude, inside all of us is a truly bandana worthy guy. Sport it.
    Here is me 6 years ago and 30 pounds lighter sporting a sleeve bandana. That's right. I CUT MY SLEEVE AND MADE AN EPIC HEADBAND! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/Xbwalker/Brancool2.jpg
    Edit: BLAH!!!! Someone tell me how to link a pic properly.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    <

this

Yeaaah....it looks like a hairy armpit..;(
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options

Here is me 6 years ago and 30 pounds lighter sporting a sleeve bandana. That's right. I CUT MY SLEEVE AND MADE AN EPIC HEADBAND! Brancool2.jpg
    Like that! You put directly in front of the link and directly after, only lowercase and no spaces.
  • VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    <

this

yes sir! i love my hairy pits!
  • Xbwalker
    Options

Here is me 6 years ago and 30 pounds lighter sporting a sleeve bandana. That's right. I CUT MY SLEEVE AND MADE AN EPIC HEADBAND! Brancool2.jpg
    Like that! You put directly in front of the link and directly after, only lowercase and no spaces.
    DOH! I did that but with caps. Thanks. And how about linking an HTML?