What is the deal with faceless body part profile pics?

Options

Replies

• Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm ugly in the face.

No you're not ugly but remember beauty is only a light switch away! :bigsmile:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Strange,I get a lot of requests to not post mine but I ignore them.:smile:

Hey,wait a minute! :angry:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    The profile picture cuts it off of my pic. It's there in the picture...
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly piecing myself together out of spare parts from the bodies in my basement.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    Its a fitness site not facebook... o.O
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    they like their body more than their face? I'm more comfortable with showing my face right now... but my bod's shaping up.... lol!!! besides, I've tried getting a shot of me entirely, and my macbook will take fuzzy photos... lol!!!
  • Shock_Wave
    Shock_Wave Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    I'm slowly piecing myself together out of spare parts from the bodies in my basement.

I loled
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    I think they chopped their heads off to lose some weight :P
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Why not?? if I was really proud of a part of my body I don't see anything wrong with me taking a picture of it and setting it as my avatar. Like if I had really nice abs, for example. Which I don't.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have a problem with people posting face picture, then not posting it later on.. So is this weight loss them or someone else?????? It looked like one girl had breast augmentation on one and not a later one??!!!!
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    mine comes up as a body pic, but I promise if you friend me or see the whole thing you can see my face....
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    because my face will stay the same for years and years and years to come while my body will become a destructive machine that will make the hulk wish he was as shredded as me
    umad op?
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I feel like people who show off their washboard abs or enormous "assets," be they male or female, should be doing it on facebook. This is for encouragement for those of us who want to shape up, not for people who want to find a date or get compliments on their "rockin' bod." Besides, I bet 99.9% of those who do post their "rockin' bod" pics already do so on facebook and maybe a couple of other sites. Is it necessary? Don't you already get the ego boost from wearing sleeveless shirts at the gym or bikinis at the community pool?
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    <---if u look at my pic here it cuts off my head (dont know why) but its there on my profile. Weird MFP glitch or its an ID10T error on my part.
  • lemonadem
    lemonadem Posts: 398 Member
    Options

This.
  • yustick
    yustick Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get the picture to size right and gave up. My face is only on my profile page.
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    because my face will stay the same for years and years and years to come while my body will become a destructive machine that will make the hulk wish he was as shredded as me
    umad op?

Your face changes with age, when your 80 years old, you're gonna be wishing and hoping you put your mug on MFP. for everyone to see...
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.
    Nothing to be surprised about. Unless someone knows your username, why would they google a username they don't even know exists? And if someone does know your username, that means they know you from MFP.

I know your username but I don't know you.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I feel like people who show off their washboard abs or enormous "assets," be they male or female, should be doing it on facebook. This is for encouragement for those of us who want to shape up, not for people who want to find a date or get compliments on their "rockin' bod." Besides, I bet 99.9% of those who do post their "rockin' bod" pics already do so on facebook and maybe a couple of other sites. Is it necessary? Don't you already get the ego boost from wearing sleeveless shirts at the gym or bikinis at the community pool?

I was going to take and post a face picture, but someone bought the last red bandana so I changed my mind.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

I googled and this is what came up; http://www.missivi.com/ I totally love that there's a pin-up model with my username! :tongue: Feel free to associate me with her page :laugh:

I only have pictures on here that I wouldn't mind being seen by an employer, school or family. I also don't care what others do with their pictures. Abs, legs, full shots, face, who cares.