What is the deal with faceless body part profile pics?

Options

Replies

• VegGoddess
    VegGoddess Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    <
    some people prefer to highlight something they are proud of in an artistic way.

this

Is that a hairy armpit you are showing off in an artistic way?

Yeaaah....it looks like a hairy armpit..;(
    why sad face?
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    <

this

yes sir! i love my hairy pits!

You go girl. You own them!!
  • Farfourah
    Farfourah Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    <

this

why sad face?

Why do you think?
  • VegGoddess
    Options
    <

this

why sad face?

Why do you think?
    not sure? thats why i asked. i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    <

this

why sad face?

Why do you think?
    not sure? thats why i asked. i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.

Shaving hair is mutilating your appearance? Do you get your hair cut? Wouldn't that be the same practice of, um, mutilation?
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.
    Shaving hair is mutilating your appearance? Do you get your hair cut? Wouldn't that be the same practice of, um, mutilation?
    Amen. To each his own, hairy or not. Sheesh.
  • VegGoddess
    Options
    <

this

why sad face?

Why do you think?

acctually no, i don't. i have dreadlocks.
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    i am proud to be a hairy girl! i shouldn't have to slighly mutilate my apperance just because thats society's standard of beauty. i am beautiful.

I agree. She isn't hurting anyone by not shaving. It's not like she goes around with her arms held up in the air all day, flashing her armpits at people, upsetting them. Lol. I assume she bathes regularly and wears deodorant (or at least has some way of getting rid of body odor if she is allergic to or does not believe in deodorant) ...
  • StoutGirl09
    StoutGirl09 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I changed my picture to my back that i think is digusting so its something I am working to improve. I look at it everyday when I log on :)
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    haters-kid-cudi.gif
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hi. I don't want my co-workers printing out the pix and hanging them at work!
    :)
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Uhhh to be anonymous, perhaps? ...lol..................
  • VegGoddess
    Options

I agree. She isn't hurting anyone by not shaving. It's not like she goes around with her arms held up in the air all day, flashing her armpits at people, upsetting them. Lol. I assume she bathes regularly and wears deodorant (or at least has some way of getting rid of body odor if she is allergic to or does not believe in deodorant) ...
    thank you!
  • 1979rrh
    1979rrh Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am the opposite, I have face pictures but no body... Not sure why, I just never added any, will tomorrow though... And yes, I will put my face in it!
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options

thank you!

I love fastinggirl's pits and locks! Just sayin
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

I googled...and I WAS surprised.

I googled too and I was surprised as well... Of all of the Peta22 references, none were to do with me :happy:
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I get that people are proud of their abs, arms, legs, etc. But if they are really that proud of it why not post a picture that includes thier face. Just seems a little odd to me, it's not like they are explicit photos that are going to get anyone in trouble. Anyone care to explain?

You really have no idea why someone would do this?
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    One word...anonymity!
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Some people work for government agencies and cannot put that type of info on the web... some people just want the perks of site without feeling like strangers know there whole life...or what they look like... lots of reasons
  • kstep88
    kstep88 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Some people don't want their face all over the interwebs...it's a personal choice. Google your username and you might be surprised.

I googled...and I WAS surprised.

I googled too and I was surprised as well... Of all of the Peta22 references, none were to do with me :happy:

I googled mine and was shocked. Now I am changing it...