Full Busted Women question (no rude comments please)

Options
aneajo
aneajo Posts: 287 Member
Do you wear a sports bra when you exercise? Where doyou find them? Ive been looking, but everything looks so flimsy and not going to hold me.

Help

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Big secret- wear two bras.

One sports that is a lil too small and then a regular over the top. Both underwire- that helps :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm going to give you the advise that allowed me to finally be able to run without pain!

Enell sports bra. Oprah recommended them, and they are totally worth it! It's like armor for your boobs, but it works. Nearly no bounce even when jumping up and down trying to get them to bounce! Expensive, and I've only ever seen them online, but totally worth every penny. I now own 5 of them!
  • hezzyhlo
    hezzyhlo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, and this Champion bra is THE BEST!! http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/JBL298/
    It's underwire, and really holds em in place. It is a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options

One sports that is a lil too small and then a regular over the top. Both underwire- that helps :)

This! I HAVE to do this when I run or I'm all over the place. I just get cheap ones from target and I'm good to go.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    My sports bras are made by 'Shock Absorber' - I got them from Victoria's Secret years ago, back before my girls started shrinking due to weightloss and lowering bodyfat. LOL (sadly I need to go shopping and down-grade my size now :-( ) There are some good ones out there for large-busted women, do some searching online and try to find one that allows you to purchase based on your actual bra size not just 'small medium or large'. The ones that only come in small/medium/large are ridiculously hard to get to fit correctly if you have larger breasts especially if you have larger breasts on a smaller frame.
  • ThisisMiss
    ThisisMiss Posts: 187 Member
    Options

This is what I do and I still get some boob spillage, but not as bad as when I wear one or the other
  • SBthud326
    SBthud326 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a 38DD and have always had a challenging time finding a bra for working out. Title Nine makes some wonderful ones, but sometimes they are so tight I feel like I can't breathe. The Champian one listed above is the one I currently use. It is great, there is still some bounce but I can still run a 5K and not have a black eye. :)
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I found I had to wear 2 sports bras to keep them sort of under control. I always looked at those really good ones online and wished I had bought one. I've since had a breast reduction last year so it's not really a concern anymore LOL.
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with underwire and then a sports bra on top of it.
  • applekoko19
    applekoko19 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yup as another poster said two sports bras. One a little too small on top and the correct fit underneath. :) both are cheapos (supermarket bought) and I'm a 36DD.
  • HorrorGeek
    HorrorGeek Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have one by Moving Comfort I'm using to start my C25K. The girls are firmly locked in place and it's very comfortable.
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with underwire and then a sports bra on top of it.

This is what I do.
  • JessiC1984
    JessiC1984 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I think I quailfy as "full breasted" at 30GG..
    For sports bras, I wear an underwired freya active (but at a 32) for most activities it's great, but when I run, it just doesn't cut it so I bought a shock absorber. This one I would NEVER wear out of the house. I look like a mashed C cup in it, lol the swell of my breasts starts at my clavicle, but nothing moves.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've always worn a regular underwire bra with a sports bra (or sports top with built in sports bra for really high impact activities) over the top. I like the Champion brand sports bras/tops but Enell has been recommended to me as being great, I just haven't tried one yet.
  • lindseym1983
    Options
    I have two Nike ones and love them and they def support me well. But...my secret is I wear my regular bra and my sports bra. It keeps you looking perky and you get the support you need. The flat one boobie looking thing doesn't work for me. haha
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    http://www.breakoutbras.com/product/Elomi-Energise-Underwire-Sports-Bra/Sports-Bras

^^ I have this one, and nothing moves. That website has a bunch of other sports bras in bigger sizes (in case you don't want an underwire).
  • tig_ol_bitties
    tig_ol_bitties Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I wear a Champion sports bra that is 2 sizes too small, with an Enell sports bra in my real size over it. They still move, but it keeps it to where it's tolerable.
  • chelseelovesyou
    chelseelovesyou Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Back when I was a 38G (weight loss took me down to a small DD...probably a D but I'm holding onto hope!!) it was the Nike Swift. I still have pretty heavy breasts so I still wear them. I find that if it hooks in the back and has adjustable straps its better. Good luck!
  • Mellowmar98
    Mellowmar98 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra and then a tank top with another one built in. I have bought cheap ones and they do not work. So far my favorite has been from Champion. Its worth the money because I have noticed I dont work out as hard because its uncomfortable with all the movement.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i double bag them (as I like to say) -- I wear my regular bra and then put a sports bra over it. I have worn regular bras alone, and sports bras alone, neither is great alone when working out - but both together --- works perfectly!! And no Uni-Boob! ;)