Full Busted Women question (no rude comments please)

Options

Replies

• ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I wear two bras and one of them is my shock absorber bra. I don't even think about my breast moving around or hurting with this baby on!
  • richesandwonders
    richesandwonders Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm going to put in another plug for the Champion Bras. I've also got one from moving comfort that is cut almost up to my collar bone, but it stops the bounce. I'm currently a 40DDD. I played rugby at the college level for a few years and it was the only thing that could keep me from getting a black eye. Sometimes you can find them at stores like TJMaxx or Marshal's.

Mostly you want something with separate cups, underwire, and really thick bands and straps. Imagine a fortress, but on your boobs. It might not be the prettiest thing you've ever seen but it makes super intense movement so easy.
  • yohali89
    yohali89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    am a 38DD and what i do is wear two bras keeps them rite in place :)
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I used to have to wear two. I went to a running store and got a high impact sports bra - totally different and I only have to wear one sports bra when I run now!
  • Samysalsa
    Samysalsa Posts: 45
    Options
    I have 3 bras that i wear for working out. They look like sports bras but i dont think they are..2 of them might be but i can't remember because i've had them forever but they HAD underwire at one time and close like a bra. They are a little tight and hold the girls in like crazy

and here's something that shocked me..the 3rd one i like to wear when i work out was a bra that came in a box from JC Penney's. No underwire or anything but it has padding in the THICK straps. Pretty sure its not a work out bra but the boobs do not move.
    PS- 36DD is my size
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Big secret- wear two bras.

One sports that is a lil too small and then a regular over the top. Both underwire- that helps :)

Wow, how can you exercise like that? You must be so uncomfortable.

I have an amazing sports bra (shock absorber) I'm a size 34H. I use http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/

This is the specific bra I use: http://www.simplyyours.co.uk/shop/shock-absorber-max-sports-bra/sc769/product/details/show.action?pdBoUid=5280#colour:BLACK/WHITE,size:

No need for two bras - it is monoboob stylie, but I've never found it uncomfotable (and I'm VERY picky) and it holds me well, no bouncing, no squishing boobies together (although it does make me look like a C cup or something!!) does what it says on the tin :)
  • stylishgirl
    stylishgirl Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do different things. First, my high end option is a Freya underwire sports bra (actually i love all their bras but they are pricey). they specialize in small back large cups and many styles go up to a 38J. the sportsbra was REALLY tight when i got it (ran smaller than their regular line) so i wore it with a extender for the few month or so. it stretched a bit and fits well now.

i usually wear that with a cheapo Target sports "bra" on top. I try to only have one underwire because otherwise i get a rash. but i find the cheapo on top kinda locks everything in the up position.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    there's no need to wear 2 bras. just wear 1 that fits properly and has the proper amount of support for your workouts.
    i'm a weird size (small ribcage but large cup size) so i have a tough time finding proper fitting bras.

for maximum shock absorption i like enell and the shock absorber. but are great for stuff like running and sprinting. i just ordered a new one from a site (very.com) since the price was $33 cheaper than anything else i've seen. I'd love to find a cheaper enell, but oh well, them's the breaks

for other activities where i need less support (lifting, biking, yoga) i go with goddess.

i would love to try moving comfort and champion, but they dont come in my size. i could try to squeeze the twins in, but in my experience it's not a good idea to wear a bra that doesnt have straps wide enough to support my size

I LOVE my Goddess bras- the only ones that make my size consistently. I still do best with two bras for high impact. I wonder if it has to do with just body shape or something- I have no torso and constantly have to resew bra straps to be shorter. One bra (even the really nice ones) just don't do as much as two cheaper ones. It's really odd.

yeah it depends on the fit. i guess i've been lucky enough to find 3 bras that consistently work.

i'm going to have to scratch enell off that list soon though because of how they do they're sizing. now that i've lost a bit of weight my ribcage is even smaller so to wear an enell that fits properly, i'd have to special order it. and considering a regular enell is $65, i dont even want to know what a custom one costs :laugh:
  • davessweets
    Options
    I do have a sports bra..i ended up buying the Danskin brand. Its stretching and stays tight enough to support me. Its the best one I have been able to find!
  • dylan1mary
    dylan1mary Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a good supporting underwire regular bra and then a good sports bra over it.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Moving comfort here. They go nowhere :laugh:

It's a compression and underwire.
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    yeah it depends on the fit. i guess i've been lucky enough to find 3 bras that consistently work.

i'm going to have to scratch enell off that list soon though because of how they do they're sizing. now that i've lost a bit of weight my ribcage is even smaller so to wear an enell that fits properly, i'd have to special order it. and considering a regular enell is $65, i dont even want to know what a custom one costs :laugh:

I perish the thought of having to pay for a custom bra- yikes!
    Before I gained weight again (the last time) I wore a 32F. Talk about hard to find size! Now I'm a 40G and there are more bras but none with really good support I've found. Might have to try an Enell... nervous about spending money on yet another sports bra. What's up with their sizing?
  • gemiwing
    Options

One sports that is a lil too small and then a regular over the top. Both underwire- that helps :)

Nope- it's MUCH more comfy to have the ladies stay in one place than shift around, bunch and get all sweaty in just one bra. Plus- the black eye factor lol
  • EBFNP
    EBFNP Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Maybe i shouldn't, but I wear a regular bra. I find it very difficult to wear sport bras..lol..If they are going bounce, they will..If people are going to look, oh well..lol
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

^this

i wear a reg bra, underwire then a sports bra over the top to keep them babies in. otherwise it HURTS to run/walk/job/eliptical, etc
  • Squidgeypaws007
    Squidgeypaws007 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options

Nope- it's MUCH more comfy to have the ladies stay in one place than shift around, bunch and get all sweaty in just one bra. Plus- the black eye factor lol

Haha, fair enough xD I can't stand the underwire when I'm exercising.....it makes me angry....!! And I've given up on not being sweaty, it could be raining for the amount I sweat these days ... lol
  • gemiwing
    Options

Haha, fair enough xD I can't stand the underwire when I'm exercising.....it makes me angry....!! And I've given up on not being sweaty, it could be raining for the amount I sweat these days ... lol

Don't get me wrong- it doesn't work with my Goddess bras- those underwires would poke through an armpit if they got lose! :D The cheap underwire ones work better because they flex more.

Maybe that's the secret? Flexible underwire but with a general compression layer too? Hmmmm!
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options

I wear a normal everyday underwire under a snug wireless sports bra.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I just wear two of them!
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    The tata tamer from lululemon is amazeballs. It's not crazy expensive either (compared to other supportive bras)

http://search.lululemon.com/search?region=us&asug=&w=tata tamer

You can read the reviews on the site for even more info