Full Busted Women question (no rude comments please)

Options

Replies

• Amedug
    Amedug Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38D since losing weight. I have a 'Shock Absorber' sports bra in 38E that still does a great job. Got it from Amazon =)
  • iloveseattle
    iloveseattle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • icemaiden17_uk
    icemaiden17_uk Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I can never find enell or champion bras that fit me! Maybe I am just odd and not looking in the right places! I get mine from simplybe.co.uk! They are high impact (a must) and very comfy! I can't wear anything wired because they hurt me but I find these really suport me and I run without pain and without much movement at all!!

I am a 36G at the moment! The two bra idea is great but you must make sure they are both high impact sports bras! If you are at all unsure or they don't say don't get them!!

Hope that helps!
  • key1238
    key1238 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have been as large as a G cup but now in some styles I am down to a DD cup and I have been anywhere from a 42 band size now back down to a 36-38 band size. You can wear a regular underwire bra and a cheaper sports bra on top, but you will wear out the regular underwire quickly due to sweating like Courtneymal17 said. My favorite sports bras have been Moving Comfort Fiona and Maia. The Maia comes up high on your chest so if you wear it under a work out top it may show, but that is better than having your boobs fly out of the top of your shirt! Moving Comfort is sold at ****'s sporting goods stores but you will find a wider range of sizes on Amazon. I recommend going down a band size for Moving Comfort bras. I also like Champion PowerBack bras, but they are really hard to get into if you do not have good shoulder mobility. I recommend going down a band size in this model of bra, as well as shopping for it on Amazon where you can find the best price for it. Another Champion Style I like is the DoubleDry Distance Underwire. They are sold in Kohl's stores but the prices are better on Amazon. If doing strenuous activites you may want a cheaper non- underwire sprots bra to go on top of this one. I also like the Wacoal underwire sports bra, but it is very expensive no matter where you get it. I didn't like the freya sports bra because it gave me uniboob, and I didn't like the enell bra because I couldn't get the sizing right and I didn't like having to hook 8 hooks in the front! I can look at my bras and provide you with model numbers if needed. Courtneymal17 is right-get fitted locally if possible and purchase online for the best price. Keep in mind that sports bras do not go on sale the same way that regular bras do. Even at my largest size I could get good fitting bras for 14-18 bucks a piece if I hit the semi-annual sales, none of the sports bras I mentioned above will ever be that cheap.
  • katharos3
    katharos3 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised by how many people are wearing 2 bras. It just seems like it would be agony trying to work out like that. I often resent having to wear even one bra. :wink:
  • Serenity64
    Options
    I'm going to give you the advise that allowed me to finally be able to run without pain!

Enell sports bra. Oprah recommended them, and they are totally worth it! It's like armor for your boobs, but it works. Nearly no bounce even when jumping up and down trying to get them to bounce! Expensive, and I've only ever seen them online, but totally worth every penny. I now own 5 of them!

What she said. It took some getting used to - at first I thought I wasn't able to breathe, but once I got used to it, it was awesome. I was doing trampoline aerobics a couple of times a week and I could literally bounce for and hour straight without my girls bouncing without me!
  • krystico
    krystico Posts: 104
    Options
    36DD here. If I'm "jumping around", I wear an underwire bra with a sports bra over it - the wire holds'em up and the sports bra holds'em down!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I had the same problem, and this Champion bra is THE BEST!! http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/JBL298/
    It's underwire, and really holds em in place. It is a bit expensive, but worth every penny in my opinion!

This bra looks great! Just wondering; what does the back look like? Is it more racer-back style or regular bra style? I have a problem with slipping straps. I got no bones on top of my shoulders and they aren't square either. :huh:

Oops, never mind, I found it. :happy:
  • rubyannmartinez
    Options
    I usually buy my sport bras at a sports store like academy, if you have trouble about the bra being flimsy I find buying the bra ONE cup size smaller usually helps. GOOD LUCK I know how annoying it is when you buy a bra and it just doesn't work.
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wear a sports bra when I run because otherwise, yeah, not comfortable lol. When I'm at the gym though, I just wear a regular one. Probably shouldn't but oh well. I have a hard time finding sports bras too. Apparently they think people with big boobs don't work out lol.
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am a 36F and I bought this Anita sports bra. Yes it's $67 but it fricken rocks and I don't have to wear 2 of them. Totally worth the money.

http://www.barenecessities.com/anita-maximum-control-no-wire-sports-bra-5527_product.htm?pf_id=Anita5527&search=
  • shellsy0424
    shellsy0424 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wear a bra with underwire and then a sports bra on top of it.

I did this for the first time today and it was great!! The sports bra on top was pretty snug, at first felt a little binding but I got used to it and felt so comfortable when working out.
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I am a 36F and I bought this Anita sports bra. Yes it's $67 but it fricken rocks and I don't have to wear 2 of them. Totally worth the money.

http://www.barenecessities.com/anita-maximum-control-no-wire-sports-bra-5527_product.htm?pf_id=Anita5527&search=

Try Shock Absorber and freya too. very.com has very cheap prices. :D
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    I can never find enell or champion bras that fit me! Maybe I am just odd and not looking in the right places! I get mine from simplybe.co.uk! They are high impact (a must) and very comfy! I can't wear anything wired because they hurt me but I find these really suport me and I run without pain and without much movement at all!!

I am a 36G at the moment! The two bra idea is great but you must make sure they are both high impact sports bras! If you are at all unsure or they don't say don't get them!!

Hope that helps!

that's the size i started at. i wore a size 3 in enell with this and it fit great

i could neverwear a regular underwire bra underneath. my regular bras are way too hard to come buy to be needlessly wearing out while im working out.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    [quot

i could neverwear a regular underwire bra underneath. my regular bras are way too hard to come buy to be needlessly wearing out while im working out.
    [/quote]

Agreed. Paying $50 for a bra is annoying enough already. I am not going to wear it out at the gym!
  • reneegee23
    reneegee23 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I wear two sports bras and sometimes I feel like that's not even enough.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I used to wear my regular underwire bra + a no frills sports bra (the plain kind that you slip on overhead with no molded cups or underwire) and I was really hesitant to invest in a costly sports bra while losing weight because I have a good idea of how much my chest would shrink around my goal weight (a LOT)

BUT

I bought a ShockAbsorber D+ Max bra in a size 38F, and I'm SO GLAD, it is amazing, no underwire, no uniboob, no bounce (well, very little bounce). It was on sale so I splurged, and if it will fit me while losing 60lbs, then I consider it money well spent.
  • theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Bump