How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    j2tla.gif

that is so cuuuuute!!!! my girls want to take up lifting.... they'd love to do that!
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    Hai guise. Lets arm wrestle to see who can squat more!

But I can't do arm wrestling, my forearms are too short!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    might as well subscribe to this
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    j2tla.gif

Holy cow that's awesome. That kid is feeling it.
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    j2tla.gif

but... but.... I'm a foot and a half taller than him!!! he has a mechanical advantage from having short arms and legs!! everyone must take that into account and recognise that I'm the don of powerlifting, even though I couldn't lift my way out of a paper bag!!!!

[/parody]
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    IN for round 2
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

My boyfriend uses similar romantic propositions.

Your post gave his an entirely different mental image. Dirty.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

It's okay, we'll just put your elbows up on blocks. Problem solved :flowerforyou:
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    IN for round 2

Me too :)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

It's okay, we'll just put your elbows up on blocks. Problem solved :flowerforyou:

I wonder what the movie would have been like if you won after the hand moved a quarter inch?

over-the-top-GIF.gif
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh hell..why not. In for part 2!
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    j2tla.gif
    :heart:
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or not but here goes nothing....
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    For fun today because I never have deadlifted outside of BodyPump I deadlifted 90 pounds with no problem at all. FOr some strange reason a bar had 50 on it so I just loaded 40 more on it just to see if I could. I am curious how much I can lift. For a woman at 5' 9 - what should I be lifting?
  • neandermagnon
    Options
    For fun today because I never have deadlifted outside of BodyPump I deadlifted 90 pounds with no problem at all. FOr some strange reason a bar had 50 on it so I just loaded 40 more on it just to see if I could. I am curious how much I can lift. For a woman at 5' 9 - what should I be lifting?

there's no answer to that. How much you can lift doesn't really depend very much on your height. Having longer limbs is a mechanical disadvantage, but your weight, lean body mass in particular, will have a greater effect. However the biggest effect is the amount of training you put in.

this site gives you an idea of what people are typically capable of, depending on their gender, weight and amount of lifting experience http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html but bear in mind these are averages, different genetic factors might make you better or worse than average for your gender, weight and experience level. Hard work and persistence makes a huge difference, although the world champions will have good genetics and a huge, unbelieveable amount of hard work to get them to where they are. Good genetics without hard work makes you nothing more than a relatively good beginner.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

You might want to start your own thread for more specific answers but look into Starting Strength, Stronglifts, and AllPros. :)
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    j2tla.gif

ha ha..such a cute gif
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Ohai guize....
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I'm just not sure if this is a good idea or not but here goes nothing....

This to the nth.
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ohai guize....

Hi beautiful - did you bring popcorn?