How much are you deadlifting?

Options

Replies

• shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I've been out of the gym for a month due to surgery, but when i was lifting:

f/5"4'/155, lifting 135 and increasing. At a minimum, i want to be able to deadlift my bodweight, preferably 2x that.
  • allegedglobalconspiracy
    Options
    Great question! I weigh about 210 and I deadlift 225, but as many people have pointed out, form is CRUCIAL with deadlifting. If your form is bad, you can really injure yourself!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I recently switched programs to Stronglifts, and will be doing my 6th workout this morning. Last time I did 105 lbs pretty easily, today will be 115 which shouldn't be a problem.

I'm 5'4"
    137 lbs
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to revive this thread for a while, so I'm glad someone else did.

Thanks to the advice givers earlier in the thread. Using mixed grip I've been able to up my deadlifts a lot. Doing BW*5 working sets.

Still mysteriously over 1.25*BW in squats though.

(25 y/o female @142-145 lbs)
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Did Deadlifts Friday. 165 lb. Mediocre form, but it's an improvement. My hip and hamstring flexibility is really keeping me back in the Squat and Deadlift.
  • cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Last week I did 75, and I'm upping to 85 this week.

I'm female, 5'4" and 159.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Did Deadlifts Friday. 165 lb. Mediocre form, but it's an improvement. My hip and hamstring flexibility is really keeping me back in the Squat and Deadlift.

check out www.mobilitywod.com and http://www.catalystathletics.com/media/video/section.php?sectionID=2

some great mobility work to really juice up those hips pre-squat work.
  • Flippiefloppies
    Options
    5'7" Female. Weight is 148lbs. Currently deadlifting.155lbs 3x10-15 reps. I have not tried maxing out yet. Might try that this weekend.
  • Ninikins2
    Ninikins2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Female/5'5"/125 lbs and I am deadlifting 85, at 10rep3sets. I haven't tried maxing out. I have been working through Stage 1 of NROL4W! I love it. I am working on form. Would you be sore the next day from bad form necessarily? Or does that mean you did it right? It's hard to tell on myself unless I find a spot with a mirror!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

check out www.mobilitywod.com and http://www.catalystathletics.com/media/video/section.php?sectionID=2

some great mobility work to really juice up those hips pre-squat work.

That second link is great! Everyone always recommends mobilitywod.com, but I get kind of overwhelmed by the amount of stuff they have there.
  • RahBuhBuh
    RahBuhBuh Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    If your form is bad, you can really injure yourself!

Now you tell me. I went for to see what my 1RM really was. I pulled 275 with no problem. I went to pull 300 and got distracted by a shiny object or daydreamed or something, I spent the next 5 days icing my back.

So, yeah, you for sure have to make sure you are watching your form!
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Female/5'5"/125 lbs and I am deadlifting 85, at 10rep3sets. I haven't tried maxing out. I have been working through Stage 1 of NROL4W! I love it. I am working on form. Would you be sore the next day from bad form necessarily? Or does that mean you did it right? It's hard to tell on myself unless I find a spot with a mirror!

I am right there with you! 5'5 135lbs... lifting 90lbs at 10reps 3 sets... NROL4W stage 1! Some of the women who posted on here are seriously impressive! Hope to be like that one day!
  • OverflowingRhythm
    Options
    138 lbs and deadlift 250 lbs
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've got some questions for you. Are you male/female? Height/Weight? How much can you deadlift? I am currently f/5'6/200lbs and I'm deadlifting 90lbs. I want to lift heavier but how much heavier?

Female, 5'6", 163lbs. Deadlift 200 for 5 rep max.

If you want to lift heavier just keep adding weights in 5-10lb increments every session or so every time you successfully lift at a lighter weight. (ex: you pulled 90lbs for 5 reps with good form this workout, so next workout pull 95 with good form, etc). Back off and deload to work your way back up when your form starts to break down.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    bump
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    5/6 / 199 lbs / 65lb x 15 reps x 2 sets

This is totally weak compared to most other women on this thread, but I actually just did my first deadlift last weekend so I'm happy with it. This is a challenging weight for me to lift, but not so challenging that I can't pay attention to my form.
  • ednabnana
    ednabnana Posts: 304
    Options
    5'2"
    115 lbs
    Rep: Between 8-10 for 3 sets then last set I'm totally gassed, I stop at 5-6 Rep.
    Free weights, 2 plates of 45 + bar but I only put 90lbs on my log
    Standing DL of course

P.S. Got a horrible man flu last week so taking it easy for now.

Edited to add: I started with dumbbells 15 lbs per arm.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Just tried sumo style deadlifts last night. Love these way harder than conventional ones! Getting used to the movement, so 5 sets of 125x6 @ 142 lbs body weight.
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    5'2"
    115 lbs
    Rep: Between 8-10 for 3 sets then last set I'm totally gassed, I stop at 5-6 Rep.
    Free weights, 2 plates of 45 + bar but I only put 90lbs on my log
    Standing DL of course

P.S. Got a horrible man flu last week so taking it easy for now.

Edited to add: I started with dumbbells 15 lbs per arm.

if it's a standard bar that's another 45 lbs so you're deadlifting 135 lbs. don't sell yourself short
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm up to 115, and don't feel i've maxed out, but i'm super focused on my form. I think tonight might be trying a little heavier because my work out partner isn't there lol