Mega Millions...What would you do with the money??

Options

Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    lipo for everyone
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    The obvious one would be to pay off my bills as well as many of my families bills...would not pay off the ones that would now come out of the wood work....Then I would invest most of it.

But the one thing I would like to do is establish a place for homeless people here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast...not the typical homeless shelter...we have those but they cannot be in them during daylight hours...mine would be a place (transition) where they can stay for up to one year and work on getting back on their feet.

Oh yea...the local VFW I volunteer for we get a whole new place!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Well, I live in Hawaii so I'm not even allowed the chance to win the money :(

But I would def continue doing what I'm doing for a year or two and accumulate some interest and live off of it for the rest of my life.

Illinois sells tickets online!!
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think first, I would travel for a year so I can decide where I want to live (possibly multiple houses across the world?) lol Of course I would pay off debts for myself, family and close friends. Buy my parents and each of my siblings a house and new cars... The usual. My children (and children in my family) would get the best education money can buy.

Later I would set up a scholarship for children who grew up with parents who were drug/alcohol addicted.
    The charities I care most about you get yearly donations. Especially ASPCA and Via Lobo's, the Pit Bull rescue (anyone watch Pit Bull's and Parolees?) I would also open up some kind of a dog shelter because I LOVE DOGS!!! Maybe a dog hotel or something.

I would strongly consider adopting children. I have been trying for a while to get pregnant and no luck so far, so I would be able to afford adoption costs and give a child the best life they could imagine.

Man, so many things we all want to do...
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I would set up my mom in a beautiful assisted living facility with 24 hour companions as her dementia is progressing & she is becoming more debilitated. I would pay the mortgage in full. Set up our daughter's college fund. Live a good, moral, & non- ostentious life. Support the good works of our church.
  • sprfly
    sprfly Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I would roll around naked it in!

...talk about "dirty" money. LOL!!!
  • Skeemer118
    Skeemer118 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I would set up my mom in a beautiful assisted living facility with 24 hour companions as her dementia is progressing & she is becoming more debilitated. I would pay the mortgage in full. Set up our daughter's college fund. Live a good, moral, & non- ostentious life. Support the good works of our church.

My heart goes to you & your mom. :flowerforyou:
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Well I guess first, I'd like to....

1) Get a Liver Transplant.

2) Donate to charity (such as the MSUD foundation)

3) Buy a 3-4 Bedroom house or a 3 family house (so my mother in law and my parents could have more stable places to live)

4) Pay for my schooling

5) Open the "Eatery" of my dreams

6) Travel to all the places my heart desires - within reason

7) Donate more to charity

8) Pay off any bills my husband and I have accrued, and Invest invest INVEST...not necessarily worrying about retirement and social security in the future would be lovely.

9) Having the ability to pay doctor co-pays for the rest of my life, including a Gastroenteroligst and a Hepatologist for my liver transplant after-care

10) Also being able to fund my future liver's anti-rejection medication for the rest of my life
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I would share the winning ticket with my two kids and my three sisters. With my share, I would give 10 percent to my church and a good amount to the missionaries my church supports, then purchase health insurance so I can get treatment for 10 centimeter kidney stone, pay off all my debts, and buy two really nice houses; one in Washington State because my kids live here and one in either Illinois or Missouri because my sisters live there. I would buy a purple PT Cruiser and hire a chauffeur to drive me around because I don't drive. I would use a lot of my money to help homeless and close to being homeless people.

I'm sure I'll think of other things later.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Buy a house, but the entire Steam game collection, then pretty much live as I do now.

Oh, and buy tons of books for my Kindle.
  • slacker80
    slacker80 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    All I know for sure is I would buy a new pair of work boots, because the ones I use at my state job now are god awful.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I'd kill a unicorn with a rainbow shotgun.
  • tonia1986
    tonia1986 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Live Life comfortably
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    We are buying an island, our whole family(close family) is coming, new car, donate our house to someone that could really use it, donate some money, and live happily ever after. To bad I have the winning ticket and y'all don't:)
  • tonia1986
    tonia1986 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Put it in the bank and live off the interest... and live VERY well off the interest. $460M cash payout, $230M after taxes give or take, and put that in a measly 1% interest bearing account is 2.3M a year. That would be more than enough to live in an amazing house, drive an amazing car and do just about anything you want with.... at least by my standards. It would be quite fun.

This ^^^^^
  • candyrayne215
    candyrayne215 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Move out my 1 brm apt into nice condo, buy a car, take care of my family. get tummy tuck and lipo, and hire trainer to help me keep off weight. donate alot to st judes childrens hospital, and multiple myeloma and other charities...thats way too much money to keep to yourself
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I'd maybe use some of it as seed money to start a business, buy a nice home somewhere, buy gym equipment, buy some land, all the excess that I won't need immediately will probably go toward some charities. Especially ones that deal with helping animals or disease research
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Well, since you only actually get about 35% of the total (so around $227 million, which is STILL unbelievable!) I'd get/do the following:

A car. I've been struggling to save for my first one.
    A house. I love my family, but I would love to live on my own.
    Repair my mom's current car, because it needs about $2000 in repairs she can't afford.
    Buy my dad the car of his dreams (BMW 7-Series).
    Pay off all my sisters debts.
    Buy my sister a car.
    Pay off my parents debts.
    Bulldoze their house and re-build it to their specification.
    Give my sister $250,000, brother $100,000 (with conditions he must meet), and $1 million each to my mom and dad.
    Invest a third.
    Save a third.
    Live off a third.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I would give it away.
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    See, this started up an argument earlier between my Dad and I. He wants to sit on the money and plan out how he would do everything safely.

Meanwhile he grills me because I tossed out crazy ideas, like having a levitating office chair, or letting all of my friends live inside one big mansion----all of this of course being after Sallie Mae has gotten her cut.. that persistent whorebag.

I'd have a plane.. this is for sure, and I would probably be quite fond of country-hopping and buying lavish things (AND I must admit, I'd still shop at Walmart, Victoria's Secret, Dollar Tree.. things like that). Pretty much I'd live like any uber wealthy single, childless 25-year-old American female (at least how I'd imagine them_.

Oh and before someone labels me as selfish, I WILL take care of the less fortunate. I'd fund schools and try to help those who are homeless and struggling get back onto their feet!