Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    you go to "Tools"..."weight loss ticker"...."get the code for your ticker"....copy and paste the code under "BBcode"....then go to "My Home"...."settings"..."change forum signature"...and the paste it into the box :smile:

Thanks for telling me the right way to do it! If you notice all my prior posts have 2 tickers now :laugh:
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Hi walkers, I walked 2 miles in 32 minutes this morning. I am going to get 2 more in tonight . How is everyone doing? Cindy :heart:

Great job Cindy! If the weather holds out I'll be going for my walk tonight! I havent actually tracked the how many miles per minutes yet, I'm just starting with the "no less than 30 min walk" LOL!! Enjoy your evening walk!! :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers, I walked 2 miles in 32 minutes this morning. I am going to get 2 more in tonight . How is everyone doing? Cindy :heart:

Great job Cindy! If the weather holds out I'll be going for my walk tonight! I havent actually tracked the how many miles per minutes yet, I'm just starting with the "no less than 30 min walk" LOL!! Enjoy your evening walk!! :happy:
    Thanks and you go girl ! Walking is such great exercise. I love my walks. :heart:
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I tried and it is still not working... I need "tickers for Idiots"... HELP
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Never mind IT WORKED
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    haha of course! Glad you got it to work :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi Walkers, I just finished 3 miles in 52 minutes. :smile: I plan to walk 4 more miles tonight. I hope to get a couple hours in the pool today and I will do my strength training too. I hope everyone has a super great day ! :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Instead of walking last night, I tried the Turbo Jam Fat Blaster and 3T (Totally Tubular Turbo) workout. Each was about 30 minutes long, and I was pouring sweat by the time I finished.

Question: Is there a particular time of the day that is better to work out than others? The reason I ask is that I sometimes find myself squeezing in a 1 hour walk or workout DVD at 9:00 at night. After that, I cool off, drink water, shower and go to bed. Would I be better to work out in the morning or does it really matter the time??

Thanks and keep up the great work!!!

:wink:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    For me, I feel like the morning is the best time to workout. It gets all my blood pumping and it gives me a lot of energy for the day. If I wait until the end of the day to workout, I'm always really sleepy and yawing a lot during the day. I've noticed I wake up earlier now and I don't feel like I need to take a nap during the day. I also noticed that I've been losing more weight when I exercise in the morning...I'm guessing it's bc my metabolism kicks in and I end up burning more cals during the day than when I wait to exercise at night.
    Everyone is different tho. As long as you're working out, that's all that really matters. Try working out at different times...workout in the morning for one week and then switch it to night for the next. See how you feel and then go from there.
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    I agree with kidvicious! As much as I would love to work out in the morning, its just not feasible for me...but any exercise day or night will help achieve results!
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey walkers, I forgot to come post my last night. I did 3 miles last night b/c I knew I wouldn't be able to get any in today. In the morning I'm doing and hour of Tae-Bo with my kids.....lol It's fun to watch them try to do it....
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is still doing great! Keep up the good work ladies! We'll get to our goal weight sooner than we know it!!! :happy:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning walkers- I hope everyone is doing great! I just came in from my 2 mile walk. 34 minutes- a little slow since we were dodging puddles. I'll walk 2 more miles tonight. I can't believe it's Wednesday already. Time flies when your having fun hugh ! ? Cindy :heart:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Ok so last night was my son's last soccer practice, whoopie right......that means parent/kid scrimage :explode: That means I, me have to get out there and play like I know what I am doing :grumble: I have been struggling with plantar fasciitis, severe foot pain:mad: that is very painful :sad: and makes me grumpy :cry: but ladies I DID IT! :happy: I actually got out there and played about a 45 min game against a bunch of 6 yr olds and it was (dont tell anybody) fun! :bigsmile: It has been a little hard to get my walks in because of my foot but I do feel better with that little bit of activity under my belt. I AM SO PROUD OF ME! :drinker: Normally I am the mom on the sidelines, afraid of what other people will think because of my size. Last night I actually didn't give a rats patoot :happy: :love: :wink: So here's to our challenges :drinker: and overcoming them :happy: :tongue: Take that soccer!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Way to go, spunkiemunkie!!!! I'm so glad you did it! :bigsmile: I'm even more glad that you ended up having fun!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

I hope that the foot is improving. From what I hear, plantar fascitis is one of those really bad things that happen to really good people and it takes some time to heal (stupid feet!!!).

Once again, way to go!
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragment....I now understand why a wild animal would naw their own foot off....if I could bend over that far I would! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Go Spunkie! Go Spunkie! Go Spunkie! Great Job!!

:happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :happy: :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    awesome job spunkiemunkie!!!!
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Thats incredible spunkie!!! Congrats! :drinker:
  • Alafia22
    Alafia22 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'd love to join this challange!! Walking is my favorite form of exercise since i'm top heavy and it's quite difficult for me to run or jump (unless i have on 3 bras.....*very uncomfortable*) I too check in on sunday morning though....