Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred....woah...when I read about Jillian Michaels kickingppls butts...well...my gosh...i had no clue!
    has anyone tried it?
    WOOO it's def butt kicking for sure! I was sweating out the wahzzzooooooo!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey friends, I did 4 miles this morning . We didn't make it to the pool today. The little boy I watch was sick today and he was super grumpy so we just played inside all day. I will walk 2 more miles tonight. I'm crampy and crabby myself thanks to my monthly visitor appearing today. :frown: I'm glad I weighed myself this morning. I'm curious to see if I'm retaining water tomorrow at weigh in. One good think is usualy I get cramps the day before starting and this time I did not. :smile: I hope everyone is having a great weekend. Go walkers go! Cindy :heart:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I started the 30 day shred....woah...when I read about Jillian Michaels kickingppls butts...well...my gosh...i had no clue!
    has anyone tried it?

I haven't tried it yet--I'm WAY too chicken! :embarassed: I am thinking that I'm about to embark on the one hundred pushups program. I'm intrigued and I WOULD have done the pre-test this morning if my hubby hadn't irritated me so much! :grumble: I need for him to 1) show me a proper pushup, 2) count my proper pushups (and not count the bad ones), and 3) time me between sets when I start doing the program.

...but he had to tick me off this morning by not really paying attention to what I was saying (yes, this is his usual routine, but every now and again I get fed up and scold him about it and he's like, "What? I listen to you!" and he'll then rattle off everything I just said as if it was a memorized shopping list! THAT's not listening with understanding!!! :mad: )...
    WOOO it's def butt kicking for sure! I was sweating out the wahzzzooooooo!

I sure hope you wiped when you were done, then!!! :tongue:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha yea I took a shower right after :wink:

I tried the one hundred pushups program, but I got so bored with it and didn't finish it. I'm usually not one for giving up, but it wasn't any fun. This 30 day shred is a lot of fun! Jillian Micheals really motivates you! Everything she says is so tough lol she basically talks you into doing everything and not giving up.
    I was excited when I started. :smile: I highly recommend it.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Good morning ladies :smile:

How's everyone doing today? Get in a good workout this morning?
    Keep up the good work! Everyone is doing great! :happy:

Hope everyone has a good day!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi friends, How is everyone today? I just weighed in and I'm down 3.6 pounds. :smile: I'm debating if I should go for a bike ride or do the cleaning- I think the bike ride wins. :laugh: Have a great day everyone, Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha that would've been my choice too :tongue: Hope you have fun on your bike ride! :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I went back to the track at the gym today after my week of treadmill training (to get my walking speed up) and I found that I'm averaging about 2 seconds a lap faster! Not only that, but I also went from a 37+ minute 5K walking time to a 35:15 5K walking time! :bigsmile: I am SOOO happy that I've improved!

...of course, I'll probably feel like I'm paying for it tomorrow, but that's okay, I guess. :ohwell:

Oh yeah, it did help that I had fresh tunes on my iPod!

Have a great day to all of you wonderful walking folks!!!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    way to go stratdl! That's great :smile:

I need to get some more exercise in today. I did the 30 day shred this morning before work, but I feel like I could do more.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Hey everyone...so as I previously posted...I did not get in the minimum of 3 walks last week but I lost 1.5 lbs at my morning weigh in. Today I took my daughter for a round the neighborhood bike ride and plan on doing my 30 minute walk after dinner. I did learn yesterday that I love marinaded artichokes and they are so low in calories! Another great salad idea for me...so hopefully this week will be better. Hope everyone is doing great this week too! :wink:

212585.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Well I'm glad to hear you lost 1.5 lbs! That's awesome! What kind of exercises do you do? (besides walking)
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Leslie Sansone? She does the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. You can get the whole set at Wal-Mart. It starts you out with a 1 mile, then the 2 and finally, the 3 mile walk. It is great for those days when it is raining or you just don't feel like leaving the house.
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Well I'm glad to hear you lost 1.5 lbs! That's awesome! What kind of exercises do you do? (besides walking)

I like taking my daughter on bike rides and when I can I go to the gym, there I do at least 30 min of some sort of cardio (although its been a while since I got on the eliptical) and then always follow up with the 30 min circuit training. I did not get there at all last week :frown: but this week I'm aiming for Tuesday and Thursday. I just got back from my 30 minute walk tonight!! So one day down! :happy:
    Have a great week!!!

212585.png
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Have you heard of Leslie Sansone? She does the "Walk Away the Pounds" DVD. You can get the whole set at Wal-Mart. It starts you out with a 1 mile, then the 2 and finally, the 3 mile walk. It is great for those days when it is raining or you just don't feel like leaving the house.

Those are fantastic videos!! I used them when I was on the Jenny Craig program (6 years ago) The only thing about any video with me is I get bored too easily :ohwell: But its definitely great to have for a rainy day!! Good luck to you!

212585.png
  • LaurelFisher
    LaurelFisher Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Thank you... How did you get your ticker to show up? I must need "Tickers for Idiots" I can't seem to get mine to work. I followed the directions in "HELP" . I would like to join the walking challenge. I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated.
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey walkers.... I did about 3 miles today total..... Who knew shopping could be soooo healthy.....lol I'm gonna go to Wal-Mart and get some new workout dvds.... I can't wait.... Good Luck and Good Job to all....
  • taxgirlie
    Options
    Thank you... How did you get your ticker to show up? I must need "Tickers for Idiots" I can't seem to get mine to work. I followed the directions in "HELP" . I would like to join the walking challenge. I'm new at this so any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if I do it correctly, but everytime I sign on to MFP I go to my ticker and get the code, copy it so I can paste it after I post something. How do you like the site so far? I'm fairly new too, just joined middle of May. I'm loving it!!! Good luck to you! :flowerforyou:

212585.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    good job!! keep up the good work :happy:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    you go to "Tools"..."weight loss ticker"...."get the code for your ticker"....copy and paste the code under "BBcode"....then go to "My Home"...."settings"..."change forum signature"...and the paste it into the box :smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers, I walked 2 miles in 32 minutes this morning. I am going to get 2 more in tonight . How is everyone doing? Cindy :heart: