Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Hi ladies, hope everyone has been doing well this week. I am very frustrated....:grumble: I have only gotten in one walk this week :explode: my foot was hurting to badly to do anymore that 20 minutes :mad: :cry: :grumble: I scheduled an appt with the podiatrist, hopefully she will be the light at the end of the tunnel :happy: Also frustrated because I gained .5, could be worse I know but still upsetting. On a good note I took my measurements and I am down 2 inches:happy: :drinker: :love: :flowerforyou: :blushing: Keep up the good work everyone!
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I only walked 1 day this week - Thursday - 45 minutes. i don't think I checked in last Friday - but I've lost 2 pounds since 6/1.
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I was doing really good on my walking up until wed.....I got sick so haven't walked since.

:heart: Keep it up girls! It feels SO good loosing ;):flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    spunkiemunkie503 I hope your foot feels better soon! I have been having problems with my knees, ugh. It's def no fun whatsoever. BUT congrats on losing those inches!!!!! Way to goooo!!!

Emmie, congrats to you too for losing weight! Keep up the good work!

Elle, I'm sorry to hear you got sick :ohwell: I hope you feel better soon!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    So, I was just wondering....what's everyone's first name?

Mine's Jenna :smile:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I walked 5 miles in 84 minutes today. I also swam for 1.5 hours and did my 79 squats and 42 push ups- gosh I'm tired..... :smile: I hope everyone had a super great day today. I'll talk to ya all tomorrow- nighty-night- Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    Options
    Hi! Good job Cindy! Wow you are doing great...keep it up girl! :happy: :flowerforyou:

Still being sick, I went on a walk. A very slow walk,hehe but at least I got up and out for awhile :ohwell:

Good job Girlies!!!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Oh, my name is Michelle :smile:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    hey everyone....looks like it was a good week all in all for everyone! Sorry for the sickies and the ouchies tho...that stinks :frown: So I was just wondering...how much weight does the average female gain at her "time of the month"? I know I did really good this week eating wise and exercise. Which by the way my exercise is as follows:

Sunday - walk 30 min
    Monday - walk 30 min
    Thursday - gym: bike 10 min, treadmill 30 min, circuit training 30 min
    Friday - walk 20 min

My weigh in is Sunday morning, but I peaked again :embarassed: and it says I gained 5 lbs! :noway: That better just be water retention!!! :grumble: Anyways, just wanted to say congrats to everyone for another week well done! Keep up the great work and I hope next week I wont be so complainy!

Kristy
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Great job Cindy! Yo go girl :tongue:

Elle, I feel your pain...I woke up so sick this morning. Ugh crappiest feeling evvverrrr.

Taxgirlie I think it's about 2-5ish lbs of water...but some of it can be gained if the woman gets cravings and doesn't watch what she eats...obviously. Drink lots of water and try not to eat a lot of salty foods.
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Got back not too long ago from the gym, where I walked 5.5 miles on the track in 1 hour & 4 minutes. I managed to get 5.2 miles in at just a few seconds over 1 hour! And my 5K walking time was 35:10 (5 seconds faster than last Saturday)! I'm pretty happy about that! Hopefully, all the calories I burned will come in handy this afternoon (when I have a mini family reunion to attend). :tongue:

Michelle & Jenna - I hope you guys start feeling better soon--it so stinks to be sick in summer. I hope you have a nice person to take care of you while you're feeling under the weather!

Kristy - yes your weight can appear to go up 5 lbs at your TOM. But I found an interesting post here this week (I think it was originally by TamTastic) that mentioned that during your TOM, your metabolism jumps up a bit. So, if you can fight the cravings and only eat good clean stuff, then I think it's an awesome way to lose a little bit extra.

Cindy - as always, you are a big inspiration to me--maybe you should change your username to the energizer bunny! You're always going! ...and not to the bathroom (at least, not as far as I know :laugh: ).

SpunkieMunkie - I hope that your podiatrist visit goes well. Remember that your #1 goal is to get better. After all, if you push yourself too much, you'll just end up extending your recovery! Focus on the nutrition aspect and stretching and pampering your foot and you'll be doing great in no time.

To everyone else on the challenge - work on your goals at your own pace and never be intimidated by what anyone else achieves. You too will achieve a great level of fitness as long as you have the drive to get there!

Have a great day and a great week everyone!!!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- :bigsmile: Deborah- you are so funny! :flowerforyou: Kristi, I had my tom this week too. I know I was retaining water all week. I never showed a gain but no losses . I weigh in tomorrow too. I am exited to see what I've lost. Don't worry hon- It's just water. When your body regulates itself you'll see a big loss. I hope everyone feels better and everyone heals fast. Have a great day everyone. Mine is already great because I got to sleep in. lol. I'm going to do my 4 miles here in a bit and then I'll walk 2 more miles tonight. Go walkers - Go walkers- Go walkers- ttfn- Cindy :heart:
  • nurse7641
    nurse7641 Posts: 23
    Options
    My walking log for 06/05/09 - 06/11/09

Friday 06/05.....2.5 miles
    Saturday 06/06.....1 mile
    Sunday 06/07.....1 mile
    Monday 06/08.....1 mile
    Tuesday 06/09.....1.5 miles
    Wednesday 06/10.....3 miles
    Thursday 06/11.....2 miles

Total of 12 miles walked this week!!!!!!

Thank you for the continued encouragement!!!!! Hope all are doing well!!!!!!!
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    well....despite not feeling well whatsoever, I forced myself out of bed and took my puppy for a walk. I figured even if I don't walk fast at least some fresh air will do me some good.
    It was a slow walk, but I got in 20 mins, which for right now is all I can do. I hope I feel better later on in the day so I can do the 30 day shred. I wanna keep up with this video for exactly 30 days and see if it does anything.
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    So I couldnt wait until tomorrow to weigh in so I'm recording my numbers for today! I LOST 1.5 lbs! :blushing: I am so happy with that! I peaked but didn't cheat! Now I'm gung ho for this week. Good luck everyone and thanks for the support again! :bigsmile:

Kristy
  • elle77
    Options
    Hi all, happy weekend!:flowerforyou:

Kristy~ Yay for you! I'm glad you finally saw a loss....it feels great huh! Keep it up and you'll soon see much more, woowhoo:bigsmile:

Jenna~ Oh I can relate..the sickies suck! Good job on getting out for a bit, some fresh air is always nice :smile: I hope you feel better soon!!! :flowerforyou:

Nurse~ Wow, 12 miles this week...that's awesome! Keep it up girl!:happy:

Cindy~ Just keep doing what your doing! I agree with stratdl..you should be the energizer bunny!LOL:bigsmile:

Stratdl~ That's awesome you got some "banked" cal's in before your reunion! I am learing that's the best thing to do when you have a party of some sort :wink: Have fun tonight!:flowerforyou:

SpunkieMonkie~ I'm sorry about your foot:frown: I sure hope you get the right treatment and it feel's better soon! :flowerforyou: I agree too, just focus on eating & you'll be fine :smile:

Emmie~ Good job on getting back with it! Way to go on the 2 lbs :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:

Cpafford~ Just keep movin,lol :bigsmile: I need to switch up something too I think! Might try my dancing with starts video next week,hehe :laugh: :smile:

:heart: We can do this girlies!! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Just checking in friends, I just finished my 4 miles in 53 minutes. :smile: Have a great day everyone ! Cindy :heart:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I think I'm going to be able to get in my 30 day shred. I'm not feeling as crappy as this morning. I'm extremely tired tho....aaand if you haven't read my other thread, I still have hives. I can't get rid of them :grumble: I've had them since march!!!!! :noway:
    I'm going out and buying some Zyrtec asap (one of the girls on here recommended it). I've tried tylenol allergy, benodryl, but obviously neither has helped. I'm getting so frustrated with my health. I wish I could go to the doctors but I don't have any health insurance right now :ohwell: ugh, today's not a fun day. :frown:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    I think I'm going to be able to get in my 30 day shred. I'm not feeling as crappy as this morning. I'm extremely tired tho....aaand if you haven't read my other thread, I still have hives. I can't get rid of them :grumble: I've had them since march!!!!! :noway:
    I'm going out and buying some Zyrtec asap (one of the girls on here recommended it). I've tried tylenol allergy, benodryl, but obviously neither has helped. I'm getting so frustrated with my health. I wish I could go to the doctors but I don't have any health insurance right now :ohwell: ugh, today's not a fun day. :frown:
    I'm sooo very sorry you're feeling bad. What is causing the hives? I feel for you. I have hay fever and some food allergies and I hate hives. Are you allergic to a food that's causing them ? I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    Options

Hmmmm how weird! I get hives when I eat something that I'm allergic too and when I get really stressed out. Are you sure its hives?...or could it be excema? My kiddo's both have that, and it's horrible for them. Always scratching,hehe. I put hydrocortizone on them for that. Allergies, Asthma & excema all go hand in hand...sucks.
    Yeah, I would try the Zyrtec or Claritin. I take Claritin every day for my allergies and it really helps! I'm surprised benodryl didn't work though. Just keep trying everything until you find that one that helps!:flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    I have absolutely no idea what's causing the hives. I haven't been eating anything that I don't normally eat. I haven't changed ANYTHING. So i honestly have no idea. :ohwell: