Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    :heart: Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

I was finally feeling good enough to go on my normal walk....although I sure coughed a lot when I was done,lol. Hope you all are doing good :smile:

Jenna....I sure hope you can find some insurance that's not so pricey. Hopefully a doctor can help you figure that stuff out!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Cindy you truly are the energizer bunny! I wish you lived near me so you can come drag me out of my house!!! Congrats on the all the hard work and keep it up! :happy:
    Thanks a bunch and you also keep up the hard work. :heart: I wish we all lived near each other so we could form a walking group. :heart: Have a great night- Cindy :heart:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning walkers :flowerforyou: I just finished my AM 3 miles- 50 minutes. I will walk 2 more tonight. Today is my upper body strength training routine . I will also do side leg raises. I did squats while I was in the pool yesterday. I'm going to do 50 today in the pool too. I hope to swim 2 hours today. Everyone have an awesome day! Cindy :heart:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    well i'm guessing the exercise/wheat idea is not it. I didn't exercise as long or as hard as I normally do (made sure I was in a cool place with a fan on me) and I waited 5 hours after I ate to exercise....and I have new hives this morning. :grumble: fantastic...:grumble:

I think it's time to call the doctor...tons of money or not.... :ohwell:

Is it possible it could be bed bugs? You said you wake up every morning with them and they started when you got back from Florida (maybe they hitched a ride back with you). I guess the bites look like hives. If that isn't it, have you changed your laundry soap, regular soap, shampoo, lotions lately.
    I'm sorry you're going through this - it must be so frustrating! :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say...today was my weigh in day and I lost 3 lbs!!:bigsmile: I love walking!lol:heart:
  • taxgirlie
    taxgirlie Posts: 35
    Options
    Way to go Elle!!!:drinker:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Just wanted to say...today was my weigh in day and I lost 3 lbs!!:bigsmile: I love walking!lol:heart:

Great job! How much walking do you get in per day?
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi ladies!

Wohoooo way to go !!!!!!! You go girl !!!!! Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    Options
    Thanks girlies :blushing:

I walk just about every day in the evening once it cools down. I walk 5mph for 35 to 50 min's. I LOVE music...so I have my mp3 player set up with really good songs, and walk to the beat:happy: That really works great! Some songs have faster beats then others so it makes me push myslef!:wink:
  • BlueSunshyne
    Options
    Hi everyone....I know this challenge has been going for awhile, but I love to walk/hike, so I wanted to at least stop by and give everyone an 'atta girl!

:drinker:

A lot of people underestimate walking. I personally lost 50lbs from hiking and just the act of doing it has changed my life. I still have a long way to go weight-wise, but the process has brought to me a previously unknown passion.

Good luck all!

-Blue:flowerforyou:
  • BombolinaM
    BombolinaM Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a plan to me
  • elle77
    Options
    Welcome Blue & BombolinaM :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    Just dropping in to say hello! :smile: Hope everyone had a great day today!!! I spent most of my day with my mom and siblings. Good day :happy:
  • bleem108
    bleem108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know Im a little late but just saw this post and I have really been slacking and something like this could really help me get back in the grove and I love going on walks. So if its alright I think I may join in =)
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hi walkers- :flowerforyou: 5 miles for me today in 83 minutes. It was 105 here today. I don't think I've ever sweated soo much. I also swam for 1.5 hours and did my upper body strength training routine. I hope everyone had a fab day- nighty night- Cindy :heart:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou: So I have to note some bad news about my foot :sad: :devil: :grumble: I have plantar fasciitis among other things that I cannot pronounce and am undergoing cortisone treatments and may possible have to have surgery :explode: :mad: :grumble: :noway: :sad: I was also told no impact exercises and I have to stay off my foot as much as possible. YEA RIGHT! :noway: :cry: :frown: So I have been told no walking or treadmill for sure and I can only use a bike...dont have but will look into and swim. Thank goodness we just bought a house with a pool. I am very frustrated because I feel like this has put such a damper in my routine and plan. I know I will overcome but I HATE SETBACKS! :grumble: I am going to swim walk....it's my own new exercise and I am going to do my best to keep up with you guys. I hope you guys will still keep me in the challenge....I really appreciate everything you guys do to help and support me. Thanks for everything :smile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Good morning everyone! :flowerforyou: So I have to note some bad news about my foot :sad: :devil: :grumble: I have plantar fasciitis among other things that I cannot pronounce and am undergoing cortisone treatments and may possible have to have surgery :explode: :mad: :grumble: :noway: :sad: I was also told no impact exercises and I have to stay off my foot as much as possible. YEA RIGHT! :noway: :cry: :frown: So I have been told no walking or treadmill for sure and I can only use a bike...dont have but will look into and swim. Thank goodness we just bought a house with a pool. I am very frustrated because I feel like this has put such a damper in my routine and plan. I know I will overcome but I HATE SETBACKS! :grumble: I am going to swim walk....it's my own new exercise and I am going to do my best to keep up with you guys. I hope you guys will still keep me in the challenge....I really appreciate everything you guys do to help and support me. Thanks for everything :smile: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :love: :drinker:
    Hi Spunkie- I'm so sorry about your foot. It must be so frustrating. Don't worry about us keeping you in the challenge- of COURSE we will. Walking in the pool is great exercise! Please take care of your foot. I hope the shots help and you have a speedy recovery. Cindy :heart:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Thanks Cindy, I appreciate your concern. It's good to know I have friends to turn to.:smooched:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    Spunkie....I think you're a KEEPER!! :love: I will be praying for your foot to heal quickly. Until then, just focus on swimming. I hear it's great exercise for people who have joint problems, and you don't even realize how many calories you're actually burning. Keep us posted on your healing process!

:flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Just checking in . I just finished my morning 3 miles. :heart: 50 minutes. Have a great day everyone- Cindy