Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Hey Kidvicious--glad to see I'm not the only one who did not walk today! Instead I worked out on the elliptical at a pretty high intensity. I discovered at work today that my hip sockets were feeling a bit sore and I wanted to give 'em a break from all the massive hip motion I get into when I walk fast!

Way to go for all of us!!!!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I tried the elliptical yesterday...wooo it kicked my butt. I tried doing interval training on it and wow it sucked lol I had such a hard time pushing myself.
  • stratdl
    Options
    I know what you mean about the butt-kicking elliptical, kidvicious! I used the gluteal1 program and every time it changed levels, it was like I was pushing through molasses! But at least I burned enough calories to enjoy my supper!!!! :bigsmile:

Keep going back to the elliptical from time to time--eventually, YOU will kick ITS butt!!! :drinker:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hi walkers, I walked 5 miles today. 3 miles before 9am done in 48 minutes and 2 miles tonight done in 33 minutes. So I did 5 miles in 81 minutes. I also did 50 squats and 50 push-ups. I hope everyone had a great day ! Cindy :heart:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Well we are doing good everyone!! Lets keep it up! :bigsmile: I did my 2.5 miles tonight and I feel great!

Cindy....I remember the day's that I walk while pushing the stroller. At least your pushing some more weight, right?lol :wink: I use to dream about the day I would get to walk alone....and now I miss the stroller!hehe Goes by fast...my baby just graduated from kindergarden today! :sad: :wink:

:heart: Keep it up all!!!! :happy: :heart:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Ok ladies so I let temptation get the best of me...the even scarier part is I didn't walk last night. Not one little bit. Was so tired!:mad: mad @ myself :brokenheart: because I love pizza :devil: this is my weakness :grumble: no I am in a bad mood Who would think the next day I would feel so guilty. It's like cheating on myself:cry:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    Ok ladies so I let temptation get the best of me...the even scarier part is I didn't walk last night. Not one little bit. Was so tired!:mad: mad @ myself :brokenheart: because I love pizza :devil: this is my weakness :grumble: no I am in a bad mood Who would think the next day I would feel so guilty. It's like cheating on myself:cry:

spunkiemunkie - Don't let it get the best of you. I feel guilty for not walking the last 2 days. My knee has really been bothering me and today I am driving 300 miles round trip to my mom's retirement luncheon. Not sure if I'll feel up to walking this evening. But today is a new day for you. Going over your calories one day now and then is allowed - we are human and pizza is oh so good, right. Costco has this Palermo's ultra thin Margarita pizza that is 260 calories per 1/3 of the pizza. It is really good and a little crispy. I'm a thick crust girl and thought I 'd never like thin - but I love it. It satisfies my cravings. So, just look for a healthier version. You'll feel like you're cheating, but you're not.

Everyone is doing so good. Keep up the great work.
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    aww it'll be alright! At least it's only one day and not a week! Just exercise a little more today and maybe that'll make you feel better. Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I agree with the last posts. Pick yourself up and get right back at it. :flowerforyou: I walked 2 miles this morning in 33 minutes. It's a beautiful day here. A tad cooler today 85 for the day. This weekend we're gonna be hot. 101-103 degrees. Pool here we come ! I'll walk 2 more miles tonight. ttfn- Cindy:heart:
  • elle77
    Options

I agree that a least is was just one day! One day wont hurt....its when it turns into a few ! Just get back on it :happy: It might even boost your metabolism,hehe :wink:

:heart: Happy walking everyone!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    haha heck yea i will! :tongue: I'll kick the treadmills butt too! :wink:
  • spunkiemunkie503
    Options
    Maybe it will be the beginning of the low fat pizza diet, afterall everything else has one right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Walking it is, I am going to attempt to double the work out and maybe a swim to cool off afterward. It's 90 degrees out, the weight should melt away...ooooh the melt away diet hehehe:laugh: Here's to walking:drinker:
  • buffjess
    buffjess Posts: 382
    Options
    Can I join??

sw-160
    cw-157
    gw-130

Im gonna try and walk 5 days a week for 20 minutes each walk
  • stratdl
    Options
    Welcome, buffjess! I know you'll have fun with this (and with us)! :bigsmile:

...it's what keeps me going on a day like today when I want to just go home after work (my gym is located on-site at my employer's campus) just to get away from the madness here! :explode:

I'm going to try to rip up the treadmill tonight!

Deborah
  • stratdl
    Options
    Maybe it will be the beginning of the low fat pizza diet, afterall everything else has one right :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Walking it is, I am going to attempt to double the work out and maybe a swim to cool off afterward. It's 90 degrees out, the weight should melt away...ooooh the melt away diet hehehe:laugh: Here's to walking:drinker:

...btw, have you tried making a pita pizza? Pitas are SO yummy! A little pesto (or hummus), a few favorite toppings (go easy on the cheese :wink: ), pop it in the oven (or microwave, or throw it on the grill), and viola! Individual yummy pizza!!! :love:

Now I want a pizza. I'd better walk harder on the treadmill or longer! :wink:

Deborah
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Ooo! That sounds really good! I think I might try that :happy:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options

I find it hard to refuse certain cravings too! I allow myself to indulge occassionally and I find that it helps to build my resistance. For example, I used to always visit the vending machine for that late afternoon "pick me up" at work! Now, I use that temptation as an incentive....if I walk every day at work for 15 minutes, I allow myself an extra treat on the weekends (sometimes a piece of candy, sometimes pizza, sometimes mexican food!!) :blushing:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    YUM mexican food! oh man, ideas just popped into my head lol :tongue:
  • elle77
    Options
    YUM mexican food! oh man, ideas just popped into my head lol :tongue:
    HAHAHA ....Oh great, now I want mexican food :tongue: I think I will make a healthier version of a taco salad!! LOTs of lettuce, turkey meat, salsa, pinto beans, lil bit of cheese! Yuuummmmm :bigsmile:

I already went on my walk a bit ago....and I just might go on another one tonight so I can have some popcorn with my movie later!hehe :laugh: :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    Options
    So I really ripped it up on the treadmill this afternoon. In fact, I went so fast that my left shoe came untied!!! :laugh:

Anyway, I definitely burned enough calories so that I can endulge myself with a piece of banana bread (I make the "Laura's Almost No Fat Banana Bread" and it's really yummy! I'm not sure who Laura is, but I got the idea for it from MFP and was directed to the allrecipes website. Boy is it ever good! Although I did tweak the recipe a bit so that I have less guilt about eating it :wink: ).

Dinner was an oven roasted chicken breast salad at Subway. I'm really getting into their salads now. They are so yummy! And they have a bit of zip when you have them add the jalepenos!!!

Have a great night everybody!

Deborah