Beginners Walking Challenge

Options

Replies

• Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    oh gosh! A taco salad!!!! :happy: That's a GREAT idea!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hello walkers, I just got in from my pm 2 mile walk. :smile: Ok, so I walked 2 miles before 9am in 33 minutes and 2 miles this evening in 34 minutes for a total of 4 miles in 67 minutes. :heart: I hope everyone had a great day ! Cindy :heart:
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    Well since I didn't get a chance to walk any yesterday I made sure to get 2 miles in today... Some of it was walking but I think most of it was the stationary bike at the gym.. I can't wait until it gets a little warmer here and I can really be out & walking....:sad: It's summer time and the weather is saying low 60's this weekend....:cry: Looks like I'll be pulling out the Tae-Bo with Billy Blanks the next few days..... Good job everyone, you're doing great!!!!
  • Tekamahmom
    Tekamahmom Posts: 15
    Options
    :happy: YAY!!!!!!!!! I lost 6 more pounds...... I'm soooo proud of myself.... :laugh: I haven't been getting close to my 1200 cal/day though.... I know you're supposed to eat in the am for the energy and all but is it bad if you can't eat because it makes you sick to your stomach???? I've NEVER eaten breakfast since7th or 8th grade, and the past few years it's been that I can barley eat lunch either because it makes me sick... Any suggestions on something I could atleast eat for lunch that I might not get sick on???? I'm not sure why but those 2 times to eat I can hardly stand to even make my kids' food because of the sickness I get. Of course, I do it anyways.. They need to eat!!!:smile:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    I don't think I have logged in any of my miles this week. So, here goes....

Monday - Walked 1 mile in 15 minutes
    Tuesday - Walked 1 mile in am (15 min), walked/jogged 2 miles in pm (25 minutes)
    Wednesday - Walked/jogged 3.5 miles in pm (40 minutes)

All these miles are just estimates because I haven't had the chance to get in my car and map them out exactly. Does anyone have an idea where I can get a good but cheap HRM that will track # of steps or miles and/or calories burned?
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    yeppers! I found the cheapest one yet AND it's a really good HRM.

http://www.buy.com/prod/pro-form-precision-trainer-xt-heart-rate-monitor-with-chest-strap/q/loc/66357/211107597.html

it's 29.99!!!!!!!!!!!! :noway: :happy: and it has free shipping...but I wanted mine sooner so I paid the 6 bucks to get it faster :tongue:

It's fantastic and I love it. It's helped me out A LOT.
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    Hello walking friends, I just returned from 3 miles in 49 minutes. :smile: I'll do 2 more miles tonight. :smile: Is Friday the day we post all our walking for the week? I hope everyone has a great day. Cindy:heart:
  • cpafford79
    Options
    I just have to post a funny situation that happened to me last night while out walking!

I live at the end of a very looooonnnngg street (it's at least .5 miles long). I was coming to the end of my walk/jog and I rounded that last corner on the way home. I looked down to the end of the street and could see literally a "sheet" of rain coming at me! Oh No! I was already exhausted because I had been doing a combination of running and walking for lik 35 minutes already! So, I decided to push myself and SPRINT the rest of the way to my house!!!!! After falling in the door from exhaustion, I asked my husband why he didn't get in the car and come get me? His response was..."I knew how hard you have been working to meet your goals and I figured a little rain would make you work even harder!" LMAO!! He was actually right! I never would have believed that I could sprint that last 1/2 mile, but I DID IT!! YAY!!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    lol! did you make it before the rain???
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Is Friday the day we post all our walking for the week? Cindy:heart:

Yep! We all check in tomorrow morning with our weekly update. :drinker:
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    woo! I can't wait!! Hope everything did well this week :flowerforyou:
  • cpafford79
    Options
    lol! did you make it before the rain???

Nope! I looked like a wet dog (complete with my tounge hanging out and all)! Hehehehe!:laugh:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Hey fellow walkers!!!

Sorry to say that today was unfortunately not a walking day for me. :ohwell: This was due to the fact that I would have missed the last bus home had I stayed after work to work out at the gym. :grumble: Stupid bus!

BUT, on the bright side, hubby had gone out earlier in the week and gotten our bikes tuned up, so we went for a 40 minute bike ride!!!! For him it was leisure (that man is in such GREAT shape that sometimes I want to sock him!!!), but I ended up getting a pretty good workout (at least my HRM told me so :wink: ).

Good luck and good evening to you all!

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Kidvicious28
    Options
    Hello Ladies :happy:
    Glad to hear everyone is doing well! I got some walking into today after I did my circuit training. I'm waking up really early tomorrow to go to the gym before work. Yuck, not a big fan on waking up early.

Stratdl biking sounds like a good idea. I haven't had my bike out in YEARS! Maybe I'll get it out this weekend. :smile: Thanks for the idea :wink:

Hope everyone has a good night! :flowerforyou:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I thought I'd just check in with everyone real fast! You all are doing GREAT!!! :happy:
    My friend and I walked 3.5 miles in 45min! Well, I walked and she ran(she has teeny tiny legs,hehe)!We were bookin it!LOL :bigsmile:

:heart: Keep it up girls!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • emmie110
    emmie110 Posts: 176
    Options
    I just got home a few minutes ago and wanted to go get my walk in. But I am so tired. I've been running around all day trying to get ready for my daughter's birthday party Saturday. Anyway - I looked at my pedometer (which I wear all day every day) and I've walked over 10,000 steps today!!! I never do that! I'm usually at 3,000-5,000. So - consider my walk done for the day! Pedometer says I did 2.87 miles today. :bigsmile:
  • elle77
    elle77 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I just got home a few minutes ago and wanted to go get my walk in. But I am so tired. I've been running around all day trying to get ready for my daughter's birthday party Saturday. Anyway - I looked at my pedometer (which I wear all day every day) and I've walked over 10,000 steps today!!! I never do that! I'm usually at 3,000-5,000. So - consider my walk done for the day! Pedometer says I did 2.87 miles today. :bigsmile:
    WOW that's awesome! I've always said "mom duties" are the best workouts!hehe:bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Stratdl biking sounds like a good idea. I haven't had my bike out in YEARS! Maybe I'll get it out this weekend. :smile: Thanks for the idea :wink:

Just make sure you have a nice comfy seat!!! After about 15 minutes (of the 40), every time I went over a bump, I'd say, "Oooh, my girl parts!!!" :tongue: As in, OUCH!!!! My girl parts are being smashed!!!!! :laugh:
  • stratdl
    Options
    Here's my Friday Morning Check-In (only recording walking):

Day 1: Saturday, 05/30/09 - 46 minutes
    Day 2: Sunday, 05/31/09 - 59 minutes
    Day 3: Monday, 06/01/09 - 30 minutes
    Day 4: Wednesday, 06/03/09 - 34 minutes

Have a great day, everyone!!! :bigsmile:

Cheers, :drinker:
    Deborah
  • Cindysunshine
    Options
    @ Thursday 6-4-09 / 5 miles 86 minutes . I'm so glad we started this !!!!!!!!! I weigh in on Sunday. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: Cindy :heart: