Crazy gas prices

Options

Replies

• jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    148.9/litre on the island of Montreal! That is the equivalent of 5,59$/gallon. Nearly had a heart attack!
  • bio_fit
    bio_fit Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    in the uk our petrol stations are on strike

They aren't/weren't - it was the tanker drivers merely threatening to strike. They have since ruled out a strike over the Easter period. So there is no date set. It may never happen.
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Kroger card gives me 10 cent off and shell another 5% which got it down to $3.78 last time. I look at the bright side, the highe it goes up the less likely Obama is re-elected!
    i look at gas discount cards at food stores as big corporations trying to put little guys out of business. I don't use them. and isn't it foolish to believe the president can do anything about gas prices?
  • hbarney
    hbarney Posts: 434
    Options
    $20 every other day in my Nissan Titan and I live less than 10min from work and the gym. Gotta stop going to one or the other. :grumble:

My husband also drives a Nissan Titan, ouch!! He has been saving money by using a fuel treatment. You should look into it!
  • deegarcia19
    Options
    Yes, then I said Jk :)
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Today I filled up my Saturn and it was $3.74 USD per gallon.

Or 2.85 Euros, 2.34 GBP, 320.52 Yen, 3.59 AUD, 25.60 CNY, or 25.22 SEK

It's TOO much!! In any currency.
  • DFWTT
    DFWTT Posts: 374
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

Seriously, it's been four years. Why can't you people start taking responsibility for that whack job in office now. I remember why...cause the world still owes you something.
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

Seriously, it's been four years. Why can't you people start taking responsibility for that whack job in office now. I remember why...cause the world still owes you something.

I would love to know why you all think a president has the ability to affect world wide futures trading....it's not the fault of any one person or president. It's a globally traded commodity with hundreds of factors affecting it.
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's nice to live in Wyoming, where we have tons of oil--it's $3.49 gallon right now. I remember in high school filling up my 10 gallon tank for $7.70. Ah, the good old days..... :)
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    $1.59 in Melbourne i missed buying before it went up 18c damn damn damn...
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

I would love to know why you all think a president has the ability to affect world wide futures trading....it's not the fault of any one person or president. It's a globally traded commodity with hundreds of factors affecting it.

funny how it was bushs fault when he was in office
    But now that obama is in office its not his fault

Gas was 1.78$/gal when bush left office and people were blaming him lol
  • drmerc
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

People think the president effects the prices of oil because he CAN

Approval for new drilling is way down since Obama took office, let me explain some basics to you

If we drill for new oil, theres more supply, with more supply, prices are driven down. since prices are driven by futures trading, prices will DROP before we even get the oil out of the ground from anticipation of new oil coming into the market
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

Approval for new drilling is way down since Obama took office, let me explain some basics to you

If we drill for new oil, theres more supply, with more supply, prices are driven down. since prices are driven by futures trading, prices will DROP before we even get the oil out of the ground from anticipation of new oil coming into the market

The flaw with your thought process is that you think the supply will remain in the States, it doesn't it get shipped mostly offshore to other countries and the price of that oil coming out of the ground in the States is still regulated as a global commodity, it's not exempt just because it comes from your shore, there is no shortage right now. So those are the basics I'd like to explain to you. Yes it's great political theater in the US for people to blame your president but it's just not the only factor.
  • drmerc
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

The flaw with your thought process is that you think the supply will remain in the States, it doesn't it get shipped mostly offshore to other countries and the price of that oil coming out of the ground in the States is still regulated as a global commodity, it's not exempt just because it comes from your shore, there is no shortage right now. So those are the basics I'd like to explain to you. Yes it's great political theater in the US for people to blame your president but it's just not the only factor.

Refined oil is what is shipped out of the united states

The key is refined
  • Fit_Canuck
    Options
    Its ALL Bush's fault!!!

Refined oil is what is shipped out of the united states

The key is refined

But I still don't see how blaming your president would change it and I don't see the point in arguing it. The key is to reduce your consumption as much as possible, stop driving gas guzzling vehicles and conserve. I know it's not always possible for everyone to just switch cars but at one point you do need to take matters in your own hands and do what's right for you versus blaming everyone else.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I pay premium and I don't *****.

#Youngnbossn
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Today gas prices have gone up in my area, and they are the highest they have EVER been.
    It's absolutely ridiculous. 142.9 cents per liter! Seriously?!?!

suck it up..we pay almost twice that here in the UK, our salaries are 3 times lower and our cars cost 5 times as much.
  • JmeJinxx
    JmeJinxx Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    $3.93 in Baltimore..
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    7072144821_ea12a74388.jpg
    Price of Gas Windsor UK by AlmostFreeToBe, on Flickr

70.97 pounds = $111.
    70 53 liters = 14 US gallons
    111.70/14=$7.98 per gallon.

I think that's right, haha.
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I live in Alberta where we produce the stuff and it's ridiculously expensive here too...seriously, WTF?