Basic math.. Who knows it?

Options

Replies

• HorrorGeek
    HorrorGeek Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    some of you need to lighten up
    i don't think answers to this math equation predict the fate of humanity

Oh man am I going to laugh when the fate of humanity comes down to having 9-5+5x0+3 rounds of ammunition per 7 zombies.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Well, based on the fact that people are still getting the wrong answer, despite the correct answer having been posted several times, I conclude that while some of us are not great at math, we are an honest bunch.

Well done.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Well, based on the fact that people are still getting the wrong answer, despite the correct answer having been posted several times, I conclude that while some of us are not great at math, we are an honest bunch.

Well done.

You always find the shining ray of hope.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i even posted the answer and the explanation of the wrong answers on the first page. i guess i suck at explanations.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    i even posted the answer and the explanation of the wrong answers on the first page. i guess i suck at explanations.

Nope, your explaination on page 2 was excellent.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options

Well done.

though i could be the cynic and say 'not necessarily honest, just confident based on erroneous explanations'
  • Jorra
    Options

No, you're great.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Well done.

Sarcasm.... smells like bacon :smile:
  • VeganPanda
    VeganPanda Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    7 :)
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Maybe math illiteracy in the general public won't destroy humanity. However, education is my life's passion, and it's seriously depressing me how it has failed so many.

I'll give you that, there are a lot of problems with the education system.
    However, just because people in this thread cannot answer the question does not mean they've been failed or that they should be ashamed of themselves.
    I couldn't answer this question...do I know basic math? nope. My syntax is atrocious. I had great teachers but I never applied myself. I have also forgotten most of what I have learned because I do not use it. That being said, I am on the honour roll in the top university in my country...hence why I don't feel like whether people can answer this math question or not predicts the fate of our humanity.
    I completely agree with that their are issues with the education system. I just think there was quite a dramatic reaction from some people to what I thought was a light, fun thread.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Oh man am I going to laugh when the fate of humanity comes down to having 9-5+5x0+3 rounds of ammunition per 7 zombies.

hahaha i'll be screwed
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options
    i don't know if it's a consolation or if it's just more depressing...

but there were more correct answers here than when i saw it posted on facebook.

so either this bunch is smarter than the general public, or the youngins that seem to dominate facebook can't remember math they have probably done in school recently.
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    3...Anything times 0 = 0...then add 3 = answer is 3.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Well done.

though i could be the cynic and say 'not necessarily honest, just confident based on erroneous explanations'

You could be, but that doesn't sound like something you'd do.
  • Dan112358
    Dan112358 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    New website: www.mymathfitnesspal.com, providing calorie tracking and remedial math help. Coming soon. Keep your eyes peeled.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options
    3...Anything times 0 = 0...then add 3 = answer is 3.

the only thing times 0 in that expression is 5.
    the 9 - 5 has to be done later because of the order of operations.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    New website: www.mymathfitnesspal.com, providing calorie tracking and remedial math help. Coming soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Lol.

And for starters, you have to add your calories ... YOURSELF!
  • k0nfyo0zed
    Options

Well done.

You could be, but that doesn't sound like something you'd do.

no, not generally, though i might... were i not in such a giving mood right now.

providing basic math tutoring to the masses for free.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Options

Lol.

Half the people in this thread are screwed then...
  • Jorra
    Options
    New website: , providing calorie tracking and remedial math help. Coming soon. Keep your eyes peeled.

Lol.

I can't even IMAGINE the help forum on that site.